Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Zero. The characters popping in throughout was super dumb, I kind of wonder why they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Not a Children posted:

Zero. The characters popping in throughout was super dumb, I kind of wonder why they did it.
Since Homer had to remain relatively static behind the desk with limited ability to emote, the other characters were there to provide some superficial visual stimulation. I didn't mind it.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 16, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Zutaten posted:

Also the mouth-matching on Homer was pretty decent for something done, I assume, on the fly by a computer.

They used motion capture.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched a new Simpsons in like 10 years but I watched last night so I guess that gimmick worked for getting viewers

I waited the whole episode for that 3 minutes and I thought it was p disappointing. The motion capture was ok I guess but all the questions people asked were lame

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
What questions did they ask in the Pacific Coast version?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
west coast version
international version Jeb!
UK apology

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
To Courier With Love had a nice old simpsons vibe, like the mystery solvers episode from earlier this year. Breaking out of the terrible series bible rote ditch there were stuck in for a decade has been good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

J-Spot posted:

Those are usually the two or three episodes made each year where Matt Selman is listed as the lead executive producer. His episodes always seem to have that extra degree of polish that most episodes lack. Kind of sad to think that a little staff shakeup could put the show back on track but it will never happen.

Matt Selman really should've ousted Al Jean about five (or ten [or twelve]) years ago. I really don't understand why the rotating EP system of the classic seasons effectively ended with Jean's second reign in season 13. The system worked, and what was nice about it is each EP really brought their own style to the show.

Or actually, the system worked until it didn't, and we got Scully. But overall, it mostly worked.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
:siren: SEASON FINALE :siren:

Orange Is the New Yellow

Marge goes to prison for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised and finds being locked up a welcome diversion from her duties as a wife and mother. While she's away, Homer handles the domestic and parental responsibilities, but not too well.

Basically a rewrite of Little Big Mom where Lisa had to run the household when Marge was in the hospital with a broken leg.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

If this doesn't end with Marge's hair on a Jimmy Carter statue, then I'm not interested. :colbert:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
A pretty forgettable end to the most consistent season since 20, save the awful premiere.

I'll just ask for a thread title now for season 28.

Edit: only just noticed the typo. BYOBB

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 23, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

A pretty forgettable to end the most consistent season since 20, save the awful premiere.

I'll just ask for a thread title now for season 28.

Echo Chamber posted:

pretty forgettable

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Simpsons s28: Another Season To Which I Am Fairly Indifferent.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how in Prison terrible things where happening just behind Marge all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I haven't seen a new episode of the Simpsons in a while, but I just saw that Trump 3AM video. Poor Julie Kavner sounds like she's dying.

• Locked thread