Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really need a The National cover of that song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I actually wish they'd use Gene more. He's the least developed character out of the family, and episodes that focus on him are usually great.

The robot toilet one is still one of my favourites.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The one with the black garlic leans a little to much on Gene being a complete dullard, but it's still a great episode. Maybe even top 10 material.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
I could have accepted that as a series finale.

Actually going into this season's finale I was kind of bitter that this would be last week of new episodes for some time. After that ep though I'm totally satisfied and will enjoy the wait.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

c0ldfuse posted:

I could have accepted that as a series finale.

Actually going into this season's finale I was kind of bitter that this would be last week of new episodes for some time. After that ep though I'm totally satisfied and will enjoy the wait.

One thing I'm kind of bitter about is the scheduling. Instead of advertising it as two new episodes of Bobs Burgers or making it a two part season finale, they just aired the regular new episode, aired an episode of Family Guy, and snuck the season finale in right after so they wouldn't have to devote next week's schedule to it.

I know the audience mostly rents Bobs Burgers as opposed to watching the premiere but give Boo Boo a little dignity.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is it too much to ask for Fox to put at least one of the two upcoming seasons of Bob's Burgers after 7:30?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
In this crazy world in which we live, does 100 episodes still mean what it used to?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

In this crazy world in which we live, does 100 episodes still mean what it used to?

100 is a pretty good number. There's something special about it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Shbobdb posted:

It still makes it easier for syndication, yes.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 26, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MrSlam posted:

One thing I'm kind of bitter about is the scheduling. Instead of advertising it as two new episodes of Bobs Burgers or making it a two part season finale, they just aired the regular new episode, aired an episode of Family Guy, and snuck the season finale in right after so they wouldn't have to devote next week's schedule to it.

I know the audience mostly rents Bobs Burgers as opposed to watching the premiere but give Boo Boo a little dignity.

Well, out of curiosity I checked what's on next week. I guess NASCAR is now in season, so I'm content that we got it in now rather than having to wait for the fall.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

MrSlam posted:

You mean give Boo Boo a little dinghy.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Finished season 1. Bob losing his absolute poo poo when Gene can't remember the name of the family restaurant after the mascot race was easily the best moment.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my god.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This looks like an episode that is just begging for the Fischoeder brothers to be doing something in it. I MUST HAVE IT.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alright!

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Rewatching this season's eps and it's definitely overall the best of the series.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I expect at least one Linda song.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really need a The National cover of that song.

The latest Bob's Buskers is The National and Låpsley performing "Bad Things Happen in the Bathroom" - http://youtu.be/EwYCq9tT0GU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

interpunct posted:

The latest Bob's Buskers is The National and Låpsley performing "Bad Things Happen in the Bathroom" - http://youtu.be/EwYCq9tT0GU

This is the best Buskers so far, it's so easy to play it over and over and over.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

interpunct posted:

It's hard to believe a song like this is about a guy that's glued to a toilet seat

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How have I not been aware of this as a series of videos until now?

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I've started watching from the start because I haven't seen the whole series up until now. I really love how Bob is either 0 or 100 in all things.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Now That Lone Wolf and Cub are getting Criterion release, maybe Hawk and Chick will get an HD re-release...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

That is the best news I've seen this week!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

So once again Bob's Burgers is in the 7:30 slot and the new show getting a shot on Sunday is another piece of poo poo. Fox is bad at everything.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
They've given a show that was initially panned eight seasons. All things considered, they've been pretty good to Bob's Burgers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

So once again Bob's Burgers is in the 7:30 slot and the new show getting a shot on Sunday is another piece of poo poo. Fox is bad at everything.

What's the new poo poo show? It can't be any worse than Sons of Tucon or Allen Gregory. Or Napoleon Dynamite. Hah, remember when that was a thing?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

twistedmentat posted:

What's the new poo poo show? It can't be any worse than Sons of Tucon or Allen Gregory. Or Napoleon Dynamite. Hah, remember when that was a thing?

I do now. Jerk.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Son of Zorn, IIRC. And nothing could be worse than Allen Gregory.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon actually wasn't that bad. I mean it wasn't great, but it was better than Allen Gregory. Other things better than Allen Gregory include eating rotten fruit and a swift kick in the groin.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

They've given a show that was initially panned eight seasons. All things considered, they've been pretty good to Bob's Burgers.
I know that and I should be counting my blessings, but at the same time, it's a bad time slot and it will be overtaken by NFL related programming a couple of times. I forgot exactly how many episodes there were when football season was in full swing, but it was definitely less than 10, and the Christmas episode aired at the beginning of November. I just don't see the need for them to keep making lovely shows a thing instead of going to a normal Sunday prime time schedule that starts at 8.

And of course nothing can be worse than Allen Gregory, that goes without saying. But my friend said he couldn't last eight minutes with the first episode of Son of Zorn and felt sorry for Tim Meadows. The track record for new Fox shows on Sunday isn't good in general. There was also Mulaney and Bordertown along with the shows already mentioned.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 13, 2016

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dovetaile posted:

Son of Zorn, IIRC. And nothing could be worse than Allen Gregory.

I dunno, reality show but one of the characters is literally an animated, lamer He-man seems pretty dire.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I dunno, reality show but one of the characters is literally an animated, lamer He-man seems pretty dire.

If anyone hasn't, look up some clips of it. If the stuff they've released to promote the show is their best material, than I will be surprised if it makes it through its first season

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

If anyone hasn't, look up some clips of it. If the stuff they've released to promote the show is their best material, than I will be surprised if it makes it through its first season

I already forgot that I saw a clip of it.
That says a lot (about the show and/or my memory).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon actually wasn't that bad. I mean it wasn't great, but it was better than Allen Gregory. Other things better than Allen Gregory include eating rotten fruit and a swift kick in the groin.

It was really forgettable honestly. But yea Allen Gregory is something Jonah Hill will never live down. I've never seen a show so condicending and mean towards it's audience.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Allen Gregory was a comedy with an unlikable main character that never got to see any negative consequences of being a piece of poo poo. This was by design. It's a bar set so low that even Son of Zorn, as bad as it apparently is, can clear with ease.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I can only guess that Bob's Burgers isn't bringing much money in. Seems rather fitting really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

TheFattestPat posted:

I can only guess that Bob's Burgers isn't bringing much money in. Seems rather fitting really.

The show has a loyal,but small fanbase. They know it will follow the show so they keep trying other shows , but those shows can't get to gain an audience.

• Locked thread