Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I want an entire spin off series of at least three seasons of bizzaro burger's (dogs) greenlit by fox right now. The world needs more spinny princess Louise.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The world needs more spinny princess Louise.

You're a MONSTER!

EricFate fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 4, 2015

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The world needs the goddamn soundtrack we keep getting promised!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if this is the year FOX fucks up and cancels Bob i hope Netflix is waiting in the wings to swoop in

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the rationale behind not playing a new episode this week? I hate Fox.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sector_corrector posted:

What's the rationale behind not playing a new episode this week? I hate Fox.
There's an episode scheduled next week, but after that I believe Fox has the MLB playoffs, so it could be another three week hiatus or so

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The MLB playoffs are on Fox Sports 1 until the World Series, when it goes to Fox. That means less episodes of every show on Sunday for a week or two. But Bob's Burgers was shelved this week for a loving NFL postgame show.

I know that Bob's Burgers being at the 7:30 slot isn't as bad as I thought it used to be because King of the Hill was in that time slot for a while, but I still get pissy when I see The OT in its place. Is there any good reason why Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Last Man On Earth can't move to another day?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Y-Hat posted:

The MLB playoffs are on Fox Sports 1 until the World Series, when it goes to Fox. That means less episodes of every show on Sunday for a week or two. But Bob's Burgers was shelved this week for a loving NFL postgame show.

I know that Bob's Burgers being at the 7:30 slot isn't as bad as I thought it used to be because King of the Hill was in that time slot for a while, but I still get pissy when I see The OT in its place. Is there any good reason why Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Last Man On Earth can't move to another day?

Because you don't do comedies in half hour blocks only. They would need a new comedy to go with the one that moves.

Also, Last Man on Earth is very niche, and would not survive on a night with more competition. Also, moving niche comedies to a different time-slot is not a guarantee that the audience will follow (Arrested Development season 3 was moved, and we know how that season ended). Here, if it does well enough against Sunday Night Football, it's a success. Another thing is in the spring, that slot will have Bordertown, and they want their animated series bunched up together.

Brooklyn 99 could probably move, but last week it was the silver second highest rated show in Fox's Sunday night lineup: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ootball/473898/
You would not move Brooklyn-99 unless you were going to use it to build a new comedy block on a different night.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

Brooklyn 99 could probably move, but last week it was the silver second highest rated show in Fox's Sunday night lineup: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ootball/473898/
You would not move Brooklyn-99 unless you were going to use it to build a new comedy block on a different night.
They already have The Grinder and Grandfathered airing on Thursdays. Does Fox have any other sitcoms they could throw there for a comedy night so that moving Brooklyn Nine-Nine there would make sense? It's something they should look into next year if those two get off the ground, at least.

That bit about The Last Man On Earth being a niche show could work in Bob's Burgers's favor, since that description also fits it. Lead off with the more established animated comedies before switching to the sitcoms that are less popular but arguably have a more devoted fanbase.

If it keeps going strong at 7:30, that's really what counts, but I hate it being preempted for thirty minutes of football postgame analysis. You can go to NBC at 7:00 for that.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Well, you don't have to worry too much about it getting pre-empted to extinction, at least for a couple more years:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/07/bobs-burgers-renewed-season-7-8-fox/

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

That seems unexpected. Wasn't there a lot of talk in the old thread of this being the final season?

Great news though!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Comrade Fakename posted:

That seems unexpected. Wasn't there a lot of talk in the old thread of this being the final season?

Great news though!

It was all speculation.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I've said all along that they were likely to renew it. The ratings are good enough and stable no matter where they move it. They know they have an audience and they know they probably can't put together a freshman show right now that does better. Bob's is a sure thing right now, so it makes sense.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm pretty stoked about having at least 2 more years of Bob's Burgers to look forward to

I just wonder when the Simpsons/Family Guy "decline" arguments will start popping up.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I get more of a King of the Hill vibe from Bob's Burgers than Simpsons/Family Guy. It's the kind of show that's not going to ever get super huge but will stay consistently good and eventually end in season 8 or something when the creators decide to move on.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Not a Children posted:

I just wonder when the Simpsons/Family Guy "decline" arguments will start popping up.

Two years ago.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Not a Children posted:

I'm pretty stoked about having at least 2 more years of Bob's Burgers to look forward to

I wish The Simpsons/Family Guy would just die so I don't have to kill 30 minutes between Bob's Burgers/Brooklyn Nine-Nine/ and The Last Man On Earth.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Something new is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEk9NUa_wI

It's genius. That deaf, dumb, and blind kid does not need a soundtrack...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

All right!!!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PassTheRemote posted:

Something new is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEk9NUa_wI

It's genius. That deaf, dumb, and blind kid does not need a soundtrack...

Ohhhhh my god.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I want a real version! I was just talking to a friend of mine about how much I loved pinball when I was younger, but haven't seen a machine in forever.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

swickles posted:

I want a real version! I was just talking to a friend of mine about how much I loved pinball when I was younger, but haven't seen a machine in forever.

Yeah, digital pinball is fun but it isn't the same.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Funny you should mention Family Guy, there's an amazing Family Guy pinball machine at the Gameworks near here that actually has a smaller pinball machine within it. It also has a Sopranos pinball machine if you love the juxtaposition of a serious show with a silly game (like the Frankenstein one where he screams "WHAT AM I?" when you flip the right spinner).

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

New Script Cover:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Welp, that looks like a fun one.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
The Land Ship
Bob is excited about the possibility of the Land Ship parade bringing in business until he learns that two porta-potties will be placed in front of the restaurant; Tina tries to seem more interesting to her friends.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

PassTheRemote posted:

New Script Cover:

this springs to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tmnABamh4

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like how much more enthusiastic Tina is than everyone else.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Has Gene's parade wave gotten better since he played baseball?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, Jon Benjamin co-wrote this episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, first time they've referenced the empty place next door. (Right? I don't recall it being mentioned before.)

Like a bullet made of chorizo!

EDIT: The hateful librarian again. Great.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hey, first time they've referenced the empty place next door. (Right? I don't recall it being mentioned before.)

They mentioned it a couple of times when it was rented.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You Can't Fight City Challah Burger

EDIT: They're playin' all the hits! And of course Teddy doesn't have a working car radio...

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

smashpro1 posted:

They mentioned it a couple of times when it was rented.

The episode where they went to the burger forum meetup Bob mentioned they were next to a store that sold Indoor Outhouses.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh no I just typed all that into the search bar! Delete delete-

Edit: We'll rock it back and forth, then slaughter everyone inside!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Was it a tiny flying security guard?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The British are coming!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh my God, they're fifing toward us!

There's my little shipheads!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
was that nathan fielder again

edit: yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

text editor posted:

was that nathan fielder again

edit: yes

I was trying to place that voice.

I like how that all wrapped up.

• Locked thread