Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I need a meloetta to complete my Pokedex. does anyone have one I could trade for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meloetta deez

Soral
May 30, 2009

no but good luck op. youre on the verge of becoming a pokemon master

Soral
May 30, 2009

how do you even get all the pokemon anymore. hasn't it been like 8 years since the last time they gave out mews or something??? all these event pokemon are retarded.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the proper term is biracial

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Soral posted:

how do you even get all the pokemon anymore. hasn't it been like 8 years since the last time they gave out mews or something??? all these event pokemon are retarded.

I hacked some shiny dittos and traded them for them all. But get this: you can't trade meloetta on the gts

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I hacked some shiny dittos and traded them for them all. But get this: you can't trade meloetta on the gts

thats messed up. Good luck on your search, id help but i dont have one,s orry

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why not hack in a meloetta?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The check for meloetta is very strict in Pokemon bank. Since I only have a regular DS gameshark I have to make them in gen V. For some reason no meloetta that I make or take from pokesav passes the test

I also fried my computer

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just traded a guy in PGS for it... Gamer hell yeah

http://i.imgur.com/eW861BE.jpg

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

aren't there 721 pokemon. or has the last one not yet been released. i havent been following

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Volcanion. It hasn't been released in any event yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

congrats!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Volcanion. It hasn't been released in any event yet

ah. congratulations then, and good luck on your future endeavors

Soral
May 30, 2009

Average Bear posted:

epic. congratulations

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Congrats. I came close in Diamond, but I haven't tried since then. There are so drat many now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Teh idea of a Pokemon being released like DLC is hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyways congrats OP. I drove myself slightly dromal the summer Ruby/Sapphire came out because I spent a whole day fishing in that one river to catch the ugly fish and turn it into a Milotic, but that was the last time I completed a Pokedex.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Average Bear posted:

I hacked some shiny dittos and traded them for them all

Average Bear posted:

make or take from pokesav

shame on you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are tons of hacked-in legendaries out there, its the only way to win

Soral
May 30, 2009

the last time you could get a legit mew was when diamond and pearl were recent.... you literally can't win unless you cheat

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can get a legit mew on Yellow version, no hacks.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

this rules, congratulations

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Confession: I've never completed a Pokedex, not even the original. Hell, until I got Pokemon X a few months ago I never played a Pokemon since Gen 1

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

Confession: I've never completed a Pokedex, not even the original. Hell, until I got Pokemon X a few months ago I never played a Pokemon since Gen 1

this is normal and healthy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive beaten the elite four of every gen except Black 2/White 2.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

my friend just figured out IV training and he will breed me any pokemon and get it the right moves for me so even though the rerst of my life is in shambles i have a Pokemon guy like a wall street big shot

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The Unreleased Pokemon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Teh idea of a Pokemon being released like DLC is hosed up.
The engineer them in Bill's lab.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I can get a legit mew on Yellow version, no hacks.

yeah but you can't get that same mew into a current, complete pokedex, because gamefreak and whoever else makes pokemon games are retarded, for several reasons

and i will now list them

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Making the cool legendary pokemon limited release only is the most hosed up thing Nintendo have ever done, back when Red and Blue were out you had to go to special Nintendo events and if you didn't live in Japan or the US, then you were hosed, you still are hosed today as even though the events are online, they last a week and are gone forever.

Nintendo UK didn't give a gently caress back in the 90's, didn't live in London? No Mew for you.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Average Bear posted:

gj

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I just need a manaphy and have done for like 10 years.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What was the pokemon they intended to release as an in game event but they finished the new gen before ever releasing the item that was supposed to trigger the event.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

What was the pokemon they intended to release as an in game event but they finished the new gen before ever releasing the item that was supposed to trigger the event.

arceus i think. they ended up doing an event in HGSS though, even though there was a trigger for it in DPP

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

now they dont even really bother tying events to the pokemon and just give them out instead. they'll have an npc react to it and give some backstory but thats it. i think victini was the last one to have a real event

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

now they dont even really bother tying events to the pokemon and just give them out instead. they'll have an npc react to it and give some backstory but thats it. i think victini was the last one to have a real event

the sixth generation of pokemon has been a massive disappointment all around.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

when i completed my pokédex for pokémon blue as a kid it was a defining moment of my gaming life. years later, when i returned to the game and with the help of a pokémon red cart, managed to get a mew and complete it to 151, made the journey insanely epic.

as dunbar's number holds equal for both people and pokémon, i won't attempt to complete a pokédex again.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

what was the generation where they had an event that unlocked a bunch of new islands, that was really cool

i do not care about completing pokedexes until they make it possible to carry completion over between generations because having to collect 1000 of the darn things every year is kind of ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fisting by many posted:

what was the generation where they had an event that unlocked a bunch of new islands, that was really cool

i do not care about completing pokedexes until they make it possible to carry completion over between generations because having to collect 1000 of the darn things every year is kind of ridiculous

well they have pokebank now, so you can at the very least move all your pokemon from one gen to the next

• Locked thread