Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SirSamVimes (8): Kumbamontu, TMMadman, Podima, Biaga, Nth Doctor, Green Intern, Kashuno, Colonel Corazon
Biaga (1): Kashuno, SirSamVimes, Kashuno
Colonel Corazon (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Kashuno (0): Colonel Corazon, Podima, Biaga, Podima, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, Biaga, Colonel Corazon

Not Voting (1): Gabriel Pope

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 05th, 2015 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

On the second day of work, a couple of wizards were under heavy scrutiny. SirSamVimes among them, both for looking suspicious while doing very little. He was paraded towards the window, and stoically or perhaps just silently, awaited his fate. Green Intern gave him the last shove, but there were plenty of willing executioners.

On Day 2, SirSamVimes, Good-Aligned Wizard (Town Vanilla), was defenestrated!

It is now Night 2. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay folks, got pulled into a meeting right at the end of the work day.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The third day. Work must be done. The Wizards arose grimly, knowing that there would be dead in their midst. But perhaps there was a light? Only one wizard's life force was gone this morning.

On Night 2, Green Intern, Good-Aligned Wizard (Town Vanilla), was slain!

It is now Day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): Biaga, Colonel Corazon, Gabriel Pope, Kashuno, Kumbamontu, Nth Doctor, Podima, TMMadman

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 08th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was roleblocked last night. I tried to track CC.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Or at least I'm assuming it's a roleblock since my action failed.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Well, obviously. You outed yourself so its safe to assume the roleblocker would do so.

Also, you guessed right, there is still someone left to defend you, which I am glad to learn about.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biaga posted:

Well, obviously. You outed yourself so its safe to assume the roleblocker would do so.

Also, you guessed right, there is still someone left to defend you, which I am glad to learn about.

But we didn't know if there was a roleblocker still out there. In fact, I figured that since town had a jailer that the scum team might not get a roleblocker.

Also, we don't actually know if someone protected me or if both killers hit the same target or if a kill was withheld. If someone did protect me, they should absolutely not reveal themselves at this point.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

TMMadman posted:

If someone did protect me, they should absolutely not reveal themselves at this point.

There is no benefit to them revealing themselves period. Even to avoid suspicion during the day they would just get killed that night.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

:ghost:Here lies Green Intern

peperony and chease:ghost:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biaga posted:

There is no benefit to them revealing themselves period. Even to avoid suspicion during the day they would just get killed that night.

If the doctor can protect himself then he can stop a NK on himself for one night. And if there is a watcher in the game, that's a role that can at least nail anyone looking to kill a doctor. So there are points where revealing yourself as the doctor is an ok decision.

However, this is not one of them right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

Probably Town
Podima - Posting fairly frequently, doing casing on multiple players. I haven't seen anything that makes me raise an eyebrow.

Kumbamontu - Likewise for Kumba.

Neutral/Undecided
Nth Doctor - I just don't have a strong feeling either way from your posts.

Gabriel Pope - People have said that he hasn't been making alignment calls, but he wasn't the only one being a bit soft about it (Someone Awful was hedgy too, but he was town, so as a behavioral thing this game, it's kind of null to me somehwhat). He was the vote on Hermetic just before the early hammering debacle.

TMMadman - Pushing Vimes, which I can't fault him for. Voted for Kashuno after Kash voted for Hermetic the first time, and then removed that after Hermetic started posting more due to prodding. Held that Biaga was getting ganged up on for defensive newbie town play. Do you still think feel this is the case?

Colonel Corazon - Alright, I'm mixed in my opinion here. You pushed Hermetic at the same time as Kashuno in your first big rambly post, and then voted Kashuno. Backed off on that once Hermetic started to break down. I reread this post of yours, and put out this weak assertion that Gabriel Pope would have been smart to kill Someone Awful, and then you back off on it. Immediately after giving Vimes a pass, you get back on Gabriel Pope for supposedly defending Kash while quoting him as saying that he thinks Kashuno is scummy. It reads like muddying the waters to me. I don't like it.

Kinda Scummy
Biaga - Sorry man, but as far as making cases goes, you're kind of trying to stick something on the current Big Target. I feels to me like you're trying to fall in with the crowd to avoid getting more scrutiny on you, since people were starting to press you harder for content. Your last few case posts haven't really been very deep, and have pretty much settled on pushing the same bits that everyone else is jumping on Kashuno for, for the most part. I think it's safe to say that we're all suspicious of Kashuno in some part.

SirSamVimes - Posting is really light on content D1. He brought up the whole setup spec discussion, which has been a minor distraction/annoyance throughout D2. Seriously light posting on D1, which comes down to "I'm getting ~vibes~
from Kashuno."

Kashuno - Other people have made the case better than I can. The hammer on D1 was real suspicious, and you have a lot of posts with terse replies when you'd already criticized others for doing the same.

I'm looking back at this post from Green Intern and I think the best options for today are probably from his Neutral section plus Biaga. And yes, I realize that includes me. I think Kashuno is sort of soft cleared for today, although there is still the possibility that he is a scum godfather or ninja. But given the fact that he didn't move on N1, that means he can't be the RB and he can't be directly connected to the N1 kills. I can't see either Podima or Kumba killing Green Intern when he thinks both of them are town, although most people have said they think Kumba/Podima are town. In fact, to play a little devil's advocate, town should still be wary of Kumba/Podima because most people see them as town, but they haven't been killed at night yet.

At this point, I think Biaga actually is scum and we let him off the hook D1 (I admit part of that was my fault), but I think his partner is actually Nth because I think Biaga is the only one who thinks Nth is town. I'm pretty sure everyone else is/was pretty much undecided on Nth. And then the other bad guy, whether scum or SK, is probably between CC and Pope. However, I'm going to start with ##vote Biaga. He has been the most scummy and although I was willing to let it slide on D1, it's not something we can ignore anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Biaga posted:

This post sure makes a lot of assumptions about the game state that imply that Biaga has much more knowledge about the game state than other townies

##vote biaga

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I'm looking back at this post from Green Intern and I think the best options for today are probably from his Neutral section plus Biaga. And yes, I realize that includes me. I think Kashuno is sort of soft cleared for today, although there is still the possibility that he is a scum godfather or ninja. But given the fact that he didn't move on N1, that means he can't be the RB and he can't be directly connected to the N1 kills. I can't see either Podima or Kumba killing Green Intern when he thinks both of them are town, although most people have said they think Kumba/Podima are town. In fact, to play a little devil's advocate, town should still be wary of Kumba/Podima because most people see them as town, but they haven't been killed at night yet.

At this point, I think Biaga actually is scum and we let him off the hook D1 (I admit part of that was my fault), but I think his partner is actually Nth because I think Biaga is the only one who thinks Nth is town. I'm pretty sure everyone else is/was pretty much undecided on Nth. And then the other bad guy, whether scum or SK, is probably between CC and Pope. However, I'm going to start with ##vote Biaga. He has been the most scummy and although I was willing to let it slide on D1, it's not something we can ignore anymore.

I'm feeling less confident in Kumba being town in light of his push for SSV d2 as well as his relatively weak posting

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Kashuno posted:

I'm feeling less confident in Kumba being town in light of his push for SSV d2 as well as his relatively weak posting

Podima put a big case out on SSV too so I can't really say that anyone is town anymore except TMM.

I'm working 12 hours today and might not have time to reread tonight and post all my thoughts. I'll do some reading on my break but phone posting is a bitch. Can we be careful to not give scum a chance to quickhammer Biaga or anyone else?

I'm still thinking Biaga is scum too but I'm worried about Gabriel not voting. I'm also starting to back off of Kash :psyduck:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm still thinking Biaga is scum too but I'm worried about Gabriel not voting.

You posted after the hammer (after the second hammer, no less) and now you're side-eyeing me because I didn't do the same? :raise:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

You posted after the hammer (after the second hammer, no less) and now you're side-eyeing me because I didn't do the same? :raise:

Yeah I agree here. CC's vote came two minutes after we had a hammer, almost like a "hey me too look I wanted to hammer SSV!"

Combine that with calling out Pope for not being here at hammer/not being the hammer vote is weird.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

I was waiting for TMM to respond to Kumba, saw he did, and went to vote SSV. The other hammer votes weren't there when I hit post. The three of us voted at the same time

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think at this point it's obvious that we are dealing with no more than 3 bad guys, but it could still be just a two man scum team. The roleblock kind of throws a wrench in things and makes me wonder what kind of setup we are facing here, especially since there was a town jailer and now apparently a scum roleblocker. It's possible that there is just a 3 man scum team and one of them had a vig type kill that was used on N1. It could have been done to confuse things/make town think there was an SK or it could be done because newbie scum might have been worried about being lynched on D2 and didn't want to lose it.

One other thing that I wonder about is if some of the roles that traditionally move in the night are being subverted by the fact that we are wizards and cast spells which would throw off the trackers. For example, I don't know what a tracker would get from following me because I track movement from a distance with my spell. I think the killers would move in the night, but it's possible the roleblocker doesn't actually move and instead casts a spell to block without actually moving.

Alright, that's enough setup spec for the moment.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

It took me longer format the vote from my phone than it would've from my computer

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

I think Kashuno is sort of soft cleared for today, although there is still the possibility that he is a scum godfather or ninja.

Where do you keep getting godfather from? Not following your logic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The only way that Kash could be cleared (or cleared barring godfather/ninja, which is what you seem to want to put him as) is if there are only 2 non-town roles and they both have kills. If there are 3, then there's nothing to say Kash can't be regular scum.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh wait, roleblocker. I see where you're coming from now--3 non-town, 2 kills plus roleblock.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gabriel Pope posted:

Where do you keep getting godfather from? Not following your logic.

In most standard games of Mafia, the scum team get a godfather type role that essentially can't be investigated. When the game contains a real cop, that usually means the godfather returns TOWN to the cop. In a game that doesn't have a real cop, it can often be a role that can't be watched/tracked.

So this game had a town rolecop and the roles flipped so far are: Wizard (vanilla), Scryer (tracker), Diviner (rolecop), Abjurer (jailkeeper). All those role names are pretty benign and a rolecop would almost certainly get a townie vibe from them (since I've played in a Foo flavor game before as a rolecop, I'm assuming that the return on the investigation would be the Wizard/Scryer/Diviner/Abjurer), so I'm guessing that the scum team is going to have at least one member that has some kind of evil sounding name (not even going to try to guess it) and then the godfather type will have a name that could go either but leans slightly town. If there is an SK, his role name would probably be either obvious to the rolecop or one of those either way names, but it would lean towards evil sounding. If it's a third scum, it's probably an evil sounding role name.

The 'godfather' could also just have a neutral sounding role name and be a ninja to avoid the trackers.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren:Setup Spec is dumb:siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

:siren:Setup Spec is dumb:siren:

:siren: You're dumb! :siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But seriously, I'm not trying to base cases off setup spec. I just enjoy it and find it somewhat interesting. You know I'll never stop doing it, I just try to contain it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
for what it's worth, it could be 2 scum both with kills, but RB can either kill or RB. I've seen that. so that could happen. maybe. who knows. :iiam:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about it a bit more, I don't think the scum team has a ninja. If they had one then there is no real reason to block me. I wouldn't be able to track the scum killer and tracking a roleblocker to a non kill isn't likely to draw heat unless the RB target has an active role. Plus if there is an SK out there, I'm just as likely to track the SK as I am scum.

Blocking me seems to indicate that the scum team are worried about my role but didn't want to try to kill me because of a possible doctor.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey folks, just a general heads up that I'm out of town for work and the wireless/signal here is poo poo! I should be able to phone post on the ride home tonight but phone effortposting in mafia games is rough. Will keep up on things as time allows. Sorry!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Biaga posted:

Pretend this is me voting this guy but I'm not putting someone at -2 this early when this is likely MYLO

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

You can be less confident in me all you want that's fine but your reasoning for it is bad. wrong != scum

also my relatively weak posting:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Gabriel Pope posted:

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I agree here. CC's vote came two minutes after we had a hammer, almost like a "hey me too look I wanted to hammer SSV!"

Combine that with calling out Pope for not being here at hammer/not being the hammer vote is weird.

These are valid points and I agree with both. I would probably vote CC, need to re-read.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

I think at this point it's obvious that we are dealing with no more than 3 bad guys, but it could still be just a two man scum team. The roleblock kind of throws a wrench in things and makes me wonder what kind of setup we are facing here, especially since there was a town jailer and now apparently a scum roleblocker. It's possible that there is just a 3 man scum team and one of them had a vig type kill that was used on N1. It could have been done to confuse things/make town think there was an SK or it could be done because newbie scum might have been worried about being lynched on D2 and didn't want to lose it.

One other thing that I wonder about is if some of the roles that traditionally move in the night are being subverted by the fact that we are wizards and cast spells which would throw off the trackers. For example, I don't know what a tracker would get from following me because I track movement from a distance with my spell. I think the killers would move in the night, but it's possible the roleblocker doesn't actually move and instead casts a spell to block without actually moving.

Alright, that's enough setup spec for the moment.

This post is the linguistic embodiment of :tinfoil:

I think there's too many different scenarios such that, until someone claims something, speculating about it is a bit crazy. For example: there were two town trackers, there could be two town jailers and one targeted you and a kill failed because of it. There's enough possibilities that trying to figure it out is likely an exercise in futility

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

You can be less confident in me all you want that's fine but your reasoning for it is bad. wrong != scum

also my relatively weak posting:

I don't have any plans on voting you or having to give you a hardcore reread at this time, don't worry.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This post sure makes a lot of assumptions about the game state that imply that Biaga has much more knowledge about the game state than other townies

##vote biaga

lets look at the facts.

TMMadman outs himself as town tracker.

Day ends. 1 person is lynched, and 1 person is killed at night (remember 2 were killed night 1).

TMMadman posted:

This means 2 things, either both scum parties picked the same person or one tried to kill TMM and was blocked by the doctor (who we are pretty sure is still active considering the roles removed from the game atm).

I fail to see how me making logical assumptions labels me as a townie threat. But then again we have all suspected Kashuno seriously throughout the last 2 days and we continue to chase other suspicions when one is staring us in the face. But hey, I tread off my determined path of outing Kashuno to vote with the group and kill SSV (which is sad but again he was a suspect as well). That said I love how the first thing Kushano does on day 3 is vote for me. Honestly, I think it was expected. Thought it just confirms my suspicion that he sees me as a threat and only raises my opinion that he is a scum.

Back to my real point.

##vote Kashuno

Also, we have 3 votes for me atm if Kumba mans up. 2 more and we can end another 3 days of cyclical arguments and you can finally see that I am townie. After you do that just promise that you will vote for Kashuno.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

I will never learn

##vote Kashuno

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am going to have to give this game a full re-read so I'm going to ask that people please don't early hammer. Work is busy today so I'll do my best to get some time for this tonight

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote for people requesting rereads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Biaga, there are two problems with your line of thinking. The first, I've already sort of addressed, but it's: why would the scum team block me if they were going to try to kill me?

If there is an SK and scum team out there, both of them had to figure I would get doctored if one is out there. So instead the scum team sends a RB at me and I think it's because they are worried about the role which means they probably don't have a role that can avoid being tracked. Now it's possible that the SK went tried to kill me hoping that the scum team would do the same thing and the second kill wouldn't be blocked, but I think it's more likely that we are facing a 2 person scum team that has the ability to do 2 NKs (whether it's odd night only or a choose between RB/NK or something else is up in the air).

The second problem is that Kash is essentially cleared. I successfully tracked him on N1 and he didn't go anywhere. So in order for Kash to be scum, he'd have to be a godfather or ninja on a 3 person scum team that either gets 2 NKs or had a vig type role.

Instead of focusing on Kash, tell me what you think about CC, Nth and Pope.

And to take some pressure off you, I'll ##unvote but state that I'm still very willing to put my vote back on you.

• Locked thread