Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Am I to late?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

A Wizard is never late nor is he early. He always arrives precisely when he means to.

-Dumbledore

I see what you did there :golfclap:

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am here to use magic and slay scum.

And I have no idea how to do either.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Nth Doctor posted:

Samesies. Could the scum just say who they are so Someone Awful! can sleep soundly?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

i assure you i won't be vigging anyone unless someone has a vig to give away in which case yes please give it to me so I can light someone up

Townie talk, ie tying to look townie to early in the game. I smell scum.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Biaga posted:

Townie talk, ie tying to look townie to early in the game. I smell scum.

(forgot to add magical reference)

Hocus Pocus.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

update; it's lunch-time and drat this food is great.

I know right!? I also eating a burrito so I have +5 magic resistance to tempting recipes, although they do sound pretty good.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

Are we still jokeposting? Because this is pretty dumb, especially when you've been making a couple generic "i am town" posts yourself.

day 1 is nothing but jokeposting as far as I can tell.

Being my second game I know a lot about mafia.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

Are you saying it's scummy to say you're unable to kill someone? If you're a member of the town and someone asks if you're able to kill, how do you respond?

/cast dispell sarcasm
*its not very effective*

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I don't believe you were being sarcastic, but I do believe you are now backpedaling

If I was serious about calling you a scum I would have voted. I know nothing about you, besides the few brief posts in this game so far, and all your posts of which are pretty much feeler posts and fluff to get the thread going.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

that other game you were in, emoji mafia, didn't even have that long of a jokephase considering I just read it in like 3 minutes

is this your first scum game? be honest. you can tell me.

If I say yes, you will think I am a scum. if I say no you will still think I am scum.

Either way, I think your mind is made.

Vote if your so confident.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Tommunist posted:

Gotta agree with Pope here, this comes across as really dumb/weird.

I will take dumb or weird.

Gabriel Pope posted:

I disagree:

is way too defeatist. Newbie scum really, really hate being called out and get frustrated very quickly. One early vote and one nonvoting cast of suspicion should not be enough to throw your hands in the air and give up--and for town players it usually isn't.

Biaga, if you're not scum the best way to prove it is by making useful scumhunting contributions, not just jokeposting. Stir things up, poke at people, get some reactions, do work son.

First part, this is not my first werewolf style game but it is my first real push into playing without face to face interaction. Continually I know at this rate I will either be dead in the first day or the first night.

Also, you don't think I have already stirred the pot? (abeit unintentionally).

Personally I would start to look at the people who on the first day are prepared to draw blood. The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
(On a side note, do we have any idea of roles in this game? Is there a standard deviation or is it all up to the game master?)

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
You guys are seeing shadows, but I think that's your point at this rate.

Vote and get it over with, you're just going to be down a townie.

Kashuno posted:

Yes.
These posts still feel scummy as hell. Especially The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

The first day is all about increasing tension, there is no reason for it except to build the game up. By pitching people against each other on the first day you have people chasing their tails and blaming each other and increasing group distrust.

I get that it's the point. We will see how this game goes.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Ill take the hit, but before I go I am going to call it. Kashuno is scum.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
So I have stopped lurking in this thread, so I apologise for not posting as much as I use to (continually I am in school so Wednesdays are busy for me) but regardless i will attempt to clarify my justification for pointing a finger at Kashuno.

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

The first person to vote for me was pope, I honestly think his vote was less a serious post and more a point of justifying to me the intention of day1 in feeling out people and forcing them to justify a vote or suspicion. Kushuno, on the other hand, was less about justification and more aimed at removing the first likely threat. He jumped on voting for the first person with a weak defense, or, more accurately to my situation, lack of experience.

Kashuno posted:

After resigning himself to accusation and death (twice now) he then states it's a bad idea to start killing people d1.

Resigning to die is really easy especially when you have nothing to hide. I also have never stated that killing someone on d1 is anything but negative(though I have grown to see the logic in a game outside face-to-face interaction, as this brief period of attention in game has grown to show me).

[/quote]

Gabriel Pope posted:

Kashuno is trying way too hard, but he seems confident in his convictions. I find Hermetic's opportunism a lot more eyebrow-raising:

Kashuno jumped on the Biaga vote ASAP, but Heremetic waited for it to conveniently build up some steam before joining in, then tries to stoke things up again when the fire starts to die down. With the weirdest, craziest theory I've ever seen, no less, then backpedaling when it's pointed out how crazy it is.

I think this sums it up pretty nicely, and only saw this after I started this post.

##vote Kashuno

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
(for a second there i was really confused as to the new appearance of Kushano's avatar, I thought I was quoting the wrong person for a while...:confused:)

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Biaga has vanished, but he never posted much anyway. Said he was busy with school yesterday as well?

I am here, sorry still reading through the 124 posts since yesterday. School eats my time on Wed/Thus.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am having a lot of problems deciding whether to change my vote or not. While I feel this game is probably my first real experience with this format of mafia, cause god knows I have posted some stupid poo poo, I think the turn between Herm and Kush has sparked some curious questions.

1. I think Kush is scum, and have stated early on my belief. I think his role throughout the last few pages has solidifed my vote, but why the self vote?
2. Herm is has been pretty scetchy, and is honestly the only other person I would feel comfortable voting for but why if hes scum would he draw attention to himself after everyone starts to dogpile kush?
3. If they are both scum, either they are playing a really well hashed out game of blaming each other in an attempt to split the vote, or they are both not townies (ie one is a Psychopath)?

I am not sure about question 3 (is it likely that there is that role in a game this size) but either way I am torn.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am going to re-read everything and I will decide.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

#1 has been answered several times and is really obvious if you actually look at the post on question

What do you think about #3?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Speculating on roles in a closed setup like this on D1 is not a good use of time or energy.

Note taken.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Nth Doctor posted:

I'll start.

Done reading yet?

I just started actually. Sorry I work nights (yay service industry).

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Are you there Biaga? It's me Green Intern.

Hey, how you doin?

Ok, now on to the big question. What the gently caress is going on...

So... we lost 3 townies in 1 day cycle. gently caress.

(also, hahahaha totally called the Serial Killer!)

Honestly, we are at that point where anyone involved in Hermetic's lynch is liable to be looked at. Also, holy poo poo on the scum getting 2 rolled Townies.

Now, on to the real issue:

Kashuno posted:

I wanted him gone because his attitude was actively unhelpful to town

this is logical to a degree, and in part I agree. The discussion drew a lot of attention to himself, but honestly so did I in the beginning. I am sure if I had been the dumb poster near the end I would be the one on the rope and not him.

Kashuno posted:

I will agree that it was lovely to hammer early. He was pissing me off with his silly poo poo so I just decided I had had enough and lynched. I don't regret my decision.

Back to voting for the real scum ##vote colonel corazon

Wait, you don't regret your decision for lynching the town tracker? That seems a little cold-blooded.

Kashuno posted:

CC's case on me was based on a false narrative, and after I disproved each of their points, they continued to leave their vote on me because "nope, scum."

Funny, you did the same thing to me in the early parts of day one, that "nope, scum" lasted until people started pressuring you. Now your doing the same thing to Colonel Co

Kashuno posted:

:shrug: I'm not going to keep repeating myself. I don't regret my decision to just lynch him and get rid of him. Everyone is sus of me but no one wants to vote, so let's go hunt scum instead.

That's what we are doing.

Kashuno posted:

I can't wait to be lynched for getting angry at someone

Didn't you call me out for playing the "fine kill me I am townie" card on D1?

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, who else are you feeling for scum right now?

Can't speak for Colonel...

[b]## vote Kashuno[b]

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Biaga posted:

## vote Kashuno[b]

:bang:

[b]## vote Kashuno

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

:confuoot:

gently caress it I give up.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

So taking a play from Lumpen's playbook:

~~**~~Kashunote with reasoning summaries~~**~~

[*]Biaga - Very weak and weird responses to being pushed d1, strange interactions with CC. Fake voted me
[/list]

That was newbie terribleness, my vote stands. ##vote Kashuno

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
As one player to another outside the game, I am sorry I took so long to respond Kash. I have decided that lurking in this game is a bad idea. With that said I will try and respond more often or check at least twice a day instead of once. Sorry for the delay, I can see that to be active here I should be posting more.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

When the hell did you call a serial killer?

Biaga posted:

3. If they are both scum, either they are playing a really well hashed out game of blaming each other in an attempt to split the vote, or they are both not townies (ie one is a Psychopath)?

I am not sure about question 3 (is it likely that there is that role in a game this size) but either way I am torn.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Got any good content to add?

Why, should I continue to state that I think you are scum? Yes, I have other suspicions but you continue to prove to be a petty, defensive, bloodthirsty, and overall scummy player.

I will keep my vote as it is now, I am pretty happy with my decision.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Suspected Town:

Kumbamontu: Overall my impression of him and his posts have been rather reserved but overall helpful and supportive. His schooling of me on day one was helpful, and while he could have turned it into a pretty ruthless easy day one kill he was reasonable. His attitude doesn't seem to hinder the group.

Nth Doctor posted:

Let's talk about Corazon

Nth Doctor: I actually really like his logic. I think his above post regarding Corazon well thought out and helped assure some of my own suspicions. I have hgot no negative feeling from him at all.

TMMadman: I think he is too pitchfork to be a serious threat and he reads more like he is completely unsure about his decisions. Nothing about his posts have seemed threatening.

Undecided:

Podima: While I love his posts and his clarity, I can't help but take into consideration previous games. The consistency of his posting, seems almost too calculated and I part of me is leaning toward this being a really good facade. He has power over the group and its attention, much as he did in the last game, and I can't seem to shake the feeling that he could be using it to his advantage. The killing of SA on the first game struck me as interesting. While the struggle between SSV and SA was noteworthy, I think SA was the second strongest player to Podima and if I were "Theoretical scum Podima" SA would have been my go to target as well. While evidence escapes me, I have an itch and I can't seem to settle it. He's too clean. I think if anything he would be a stellar Serial Killer, but probably not scum.

Gabriel pope: I honestly suspected Scum d1, but d2 has started to shake my opinion. I think his continued call for inclusion by all players is a pretty town thing to do, I find it it also an easy flag to seem inclusive and supportive of the group. Overall I think his posts have been pretty obvious and he seems to come to pretty simple conclusions regarding player suspicions. I don't really think he has contributed during d2 and while that could just be an issue of his activity, I believe its more likely an issue of him really lacking strong feelings one way or another. If anything he has dropped on my scale of suspects and I fully expect to ignore him as a thread if I make it to d3.

Green Intern: If anyone personifies the "play like a townie" its green intern. I think he has avoided serious attention by posting the most generically out of anyone and I can't help but see him as more interested in keeping attention away from himself. I am getting strange reading from this guy, and while his lists seem almost pretty basic, one thing struck me as interesting in his more recent player list.

Green Intern posted:

Neutral/Undecided
Colonel Corazon - Alright, I'm mixed in my opinion here. You pushed Hermetic at the same time as Kashuno in your [/rl]first big rambly post, and then voted Kashuno. Backed off on that once Hermetic started to break down. I reread [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744083&userid=172410#post451019276]this post of yours, and put out this weak assertion that Gabriel Pope would have been smart to kill Someone Awful, and then you back off on it. Immediately after giving Vimes a pass, you get back on Gabriel Pope for supposedly defending Kash while quoting him as saying that he thinks Kashuno is scummy. It reads like muddying the waters to me. I don't like it.
I find this to be very compelling evidence to support the fact that CC is scum yet you keep it in your undecided. Continually you think I am a "big target" because I was active on day 1 within the first few pages and stapled a target to my own face, but have recently fell back on being a little more quiet.

CC: I don't get a scum feeling from him, if anything he might be playing the Serial Killer well. Part of me suspects an overactive townie. I agree that some of his actions have been suspect, but then again I think blunders are part of the game.

Scum:

Kash: I don;t think I need to post anymore here. I just fail to see how everyone can keep him on their list of suspected scum and still keep him around. You and SSV seem to complimentary, and the individual devotion does nothing to help your cause.

SSV: I can't say that the recent cases against you have been anything but consistent and I am really starting to agree with them. I was undecided on d1, but d2 has really built my suspicion. I think Podima's post is probably one of the most consistent finger points toward SSV I have seen in this thread so far and I can't help but being convinced. Also that vote for me was just an excuse to try and avoid defending yourself against podima's post and hoping to push the group for the "hey he isn't contributing, he's and easy kill" solution. I think you are quick to agree with Kash, and the undertones cooperation sticks of scum.

With that said, my vote stands. Kash is by far the most obvious scum. We have to accept the fact that 3 people of our group of 10 are not townie. I think the most obvious are Kash and SSV, the third is harder. right now I would lean toward CC but I have my doubts. I cant help but suspect Podima but there is no way he is mafia scum.

Thats my 2 cents. Now its time to prep and go back to work. gently caress you service industry.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

If we are scum together, why wouldn't he just bus me at this point for easy town cred?

Why don't you vote for him?

Kashuno posted:

I do see your case on SSV, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

How a player relates to the NK is usually a bad route to go down. I just recently played a game where a cop outed a player as not-town, but for a bunch of reasons we didn't lynch that player that day. I was scum that game, and we ended up killing the cop that night in order to force the entire games attention on that non-town player. It worked perfectly and allowed us another day, we ended up winning.

His content is weak and pretty terrible overall.

I don't understand your reasoning for finding SSV more scummy than Biaga. Again, I don't follow the logic anyone is using to not vote a player who actively is not playing mafia.

preview edit: Oh hey he posted.

I think you're still pushing for me out of resentment rather than logic (kinda like you did on d1). You deflect for SSV to me because it's convenient and while my posting hasn't been the strongest over the last 2 days(out of game) you continue to face serious suspicion and provide little to no actual defense against any argument. Even now as people suspect both you and SSV of cooperation you continue to feed that suspicion by defending one another.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Podima posted:

I'm going to give your full post history a reread since I appreciate the fact that you listened to all of us and clearly took time to lay out your thoughts and suspicions but :siren: how do you know there are 3 non-town left in this game :siren:

2 people were killed on night 1. In a 13 person game, no way would there be 1 scum 1 serial killer. the balance isn't there. Simple rules of Werewolf and Mafia suggest a numerical value for each positive and negative (positive for town, negative for non-town) and games should be dictated off the equal value of both parties. townie regulars being the lowest positive value, while townie roles being higher poitive values. We had 3 townie roles killed on the first day cycle, which assumes that if the town was packed with 3 unique power roles the value of town would be greater then if the kills would all be regular town. To balance that there would have to be more than regular negative. Added with the evidence of the 2 kills we can suspect at least 3 people are scum of which 1 is serial killer (because of the extra kill) and 2 have to be cooperating as mafia. (unless there are 2 serial killers in which case that would be a mind gently caress but I doubt that would be the case, it just seems like to much of a paranoid guess.)

That's my logic at least.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I've already stated my willingness to vote SSV, and that I think his posting today is terrible. I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea that I'm defending him other than the fact that I find you scummier than him?

Also please point to me where I've voted you out of resentment instead of actually casing you.

You are voting for me the same way you voted for hermetic the first day, the only difference is that you are not with the majority this time. You admitted that you voted hermetic because he was more annoying to you rather than logical. You showed no regret at playing a hand in killing a townie roll but attributed your vote to hermetic being unhelpful to the game, rather then acting scummy. You are doing the same to me, and you justify it by stating that i am not "playing mafia by not posting" this time.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I hate to do this but I am out the door now, I will be inactive for the vote.

My vote stands.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I am totally fine with my SSV vote and don't plan on switching.

I am curious though if someone please briefly summarize whatever the case on Kashuno is because I feel like the cases are, to me at least, lost in a spew of the forum equivalent of verbal diarrhea in huge effort posts that I don't have the time to read at work

I trust you Kum, if it would help to push for one, I will give my vote to support your cause.

I have my own suspicions against SSV but I will stop being stubborn.

##vote SSV

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
good luck gents, see you one d3.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I was roleblocked last night. I tried to track CC.

Well, obviously. You outed yourself so its safe to assume the roleblocker would do so.

Also, you guessed right, there is still someone left to defend you, which I am glad to learn about.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

TMMadman posted:

If someone did protect me, they should absolutely not reveal themselves at this point.

There is no benefit to them revealing themselves period. Even to avoid suspicion during the day they would just get killed that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

This post sure makes a lot of assumptions about the game state that imply that Biaga has much more knowledge about the game state than other townies

##vote biaga

lets look at the facts.

TMMadman outs himself as town tracker.

Day ends. 1 person is lynched, and 1 person is killed at night (remember 2 were killed night 1).

TMMadman posted:

I was roleblocked last night. I tried to track CC.

This means 2 things, either both scum parties picked the same person or one tried to kill TMM and was blocked by the doctor (who we are pretty sure is still active considering the roles removed from the game atm).

I fail to see how me making logical assumptions labels me as a townie threat. But then again we have all suspected Kashuno seriously throughout the last 2 days and we continue to chase other suspicions when one is staring us in the face. But hey, I tread off my determined path of outing Kashuno to vote with the group and kill SSV (which is sad but again he was a suspect as well). That said I love how the first thing Kushano does on day 3 is vote for me. Honestly, I think it was expected. Thought it just confirms my suspicion that he sees me as a threat and only raises my opinion that he is a scum.

Back to my real point.

##vote Kashuno

Also, we have 3 votes for me atm if Kumba mans up. 2 more and we can end another 3 days of cyclical arguments and you can finally see that I am townie. After you do that just promise that you will vote for Kashuno.

• Locked thread