Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Hello I would like to be a wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm ready.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Confirming that there was a lot of posts while I was asleep dang

Confirming that many of the posts made me hungry.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Even if the lynch ends up taking out a townie, it reveals a lot of information townies can use to figure out who really is scum. I can't really think of a situation where a no-lynch helps town.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

It's a pressure vote to wake him up - he posted a lot of great reads during Mad Max, but has been weirdly quiet this game so far.

Pulled a double at work yesterday. Back at work now but I'll be off at my usual time tonight to do some Effort Posts. :madmax:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

This is a really strange post and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. You spent the time to case two people and then... voted someone else. Do you think Colonel is scum or is this just a lurker prod? nevermind you answered this already

Do you think putting a single vote on someone 2 days out from deadline is actually pressure enough to get someone to post? Because this seems like posturing to me. I don't think you actually care about that person posting and you instead just wanted to throw out cases on people and not tie a vote to either of them. Especially the first few words of the first quote - "That should be good for now" - it reads like you're just trying to fit in by throwing some light suspicion on people without following up on it by hedging hard and voting someone with no content. Dislike.

But yeah agreed. We're not even on deadline day. Voting me now claiming to be pressuring me is pretty bullshit.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I have had a fun time re-reading the thread and boy oh boy do I have observations:

Probably Town: Green Intern, Nth Doctor
Neutral: Kumbamontu, Podima :argh: , SirSamVimes, Someone Awful, TMMadman, Deadbeat Dad
Probably Scum: Gabriel Pope, Hermetic, biaga
Scum: Kashuno

Green and Nth are making good contributions and asking good questions without making any scummy posts or moves. Unless there are crazy revelations, I'd probably consider them Townies on D2.

Kumba is making a lot of great posts and only Someone Awful seems to think he's scummy. Podima is a huge jerk butt who voted for me for a dumb reason (Kash, Tomm, and Kumba thinks this is a weird move) but otherwise Podima hasn't added too much and doesn't seem scummy to me otherwise, jerk vote aside :allears:. I definitely want Podima to post more. SSV is a little quiet and pretty firm on voting biaga (Someone Awful is not cool with SSV's reasoning). SA thinks every other person is scum and is giving a lot of opinions so I'm waiting for D2 to have more of an opinion on SA. TMM is chiming in but I'd like to hear more from him. Deadbeat just joined :toot:

Gabriel has made some scummy posts (TMM and SA agree).

Someone Awful! posted:

I agree that it seems weird that Gabriel Pope didn't make any alignment calls/votes in his last posts; I especially feel like the point he made on me was a bit forced (though obviously I have some bias there, lolol). I feel like his posts are basically throwing softball reads out there in the hope that one of them sticks/gathers steam rather than actually scum-hunting?

##vote gabriel pope

I would like TMM to explain his reasoning more in depth, but I think Gabriel has been a bit wishy washy. Gabriel's vote for Herm at least keeps me from considering Gabriel total scum right now.

Hermetic seems kind of all over the place. Gabriel has been pretty focused on pointing the finger at Herm:

Gabriel Pope posted:

Kashuno is trying way too hard, but he seems confident in his convictions. I find Hermetic's opportunism a lot more eyebrow-raising:

Kashuno jumped on the Biaga vote ASAP, but Heremetic waited for it to conveniently build up some steam before joining in, then tries to stoke things up again when the fire starts to die down. With the weirdest, craziest theory I've ever seen, no less, then backpedaling when it's pointed out how crazy it is.

SA isn't so sure on Herm either but would vote Herm.

Hermetic posted:

Hi Someone Awful!

It's less the defeatism being scummy, but the tone of it. Like he's feigning defeatism and trying to get us to back off. He has an attitude of "Go ahead and lynch me...BUT YOU'LL BE SORRY!" It feels a tad off to me.

I do agree that there are better candidates, though keeping me on your scumdar isn't the worst idea. My lack of posting and appearance of bandwagoning is a bit scummy, I admit.

This comes off super weak and admitting he's kinda scum is a bit of a red flag. Podima thinks Herm is scummy but not enough to vote atm.

Kumbamontu posted:

Evidence is demonstrably not everything in mafia - persuasion is. You don't have to be right, you just need to convince others that you're right. Looking for hard evidence that someone is scum is going to be an uphill battle, because everything is subjective.

As people have already stated, looking for a "viable option" this early reeks of trying to take advantage of someone's blunder instead of actually hunting scum. Gut calls are perfectly fine D1 - even if you're wrong, you can get people to respond to your prods and accusations in order to better gauge their alignment. You're coming across as even more defeatist than Biaga is here. This, combined with your tinfoil theory and Podima's analysis of your sheepishness, leads me to believe you are scum.

##vote Hermetic

Kash backs up Kumba's opinion on Herm.

biaga has rolled over and is playing dead. Maybe this is why the bandwagon has moved on. I can believe that biaga is overly defensive right now because he's a newb who hosed up. He's basically asking to be lynched and nearly everything he says sounds pretty scummy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for today though, because:

Putting my money down right now would mean ##vote Kashuno. Kash has rolled off the radar a bit recently and to call back attention. Kash attacks Gabriel’s vote on biaga with “this is a weird insinuation” but doesn’t add anything else.

Kash backpedals with his stance after people begin to think maybe biaga is just a poor newbie:

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

What?

TMM sees it as the opportunistic vote that it is.

TMMadman posted:

This is an opportunistic vote.

##vote Kash

And I agree.

Scum response!

Later, biaga says Kash is scum. TMM agrees without much reasoning though:

TMMadman posted:

More like people seem to be in a real hurry to jump on a new guy for what basically amounts to awkwardness.

He's got one thing right, Kash is scum.

Gabriel defends Kash and TMM decide the two are in cahoots. Not sure I'm on board with this. I wonder with Gabriel and Kash think about each other?

Nth Doctor posted:

Kash, you went from a vote on Biaga being weird to voting him yourself in just over an hour and you've stuck to your guns ever since. This is why I agree with TMM that your vote seems opportunistic. The only waver you've had was this morning:

Furthermore you got a direct accusation of being bros with Pope and you did the same thing you blame Biaga for:

You aren't answering the charge here. You're just :iiam: at TMM.
##vote Kashuno

Nth has got it right. Kash really isn't owning up to any of the accusations and is offering jackshit as a reason. What's Kash thinking about right now?

Kashuno posted:

TMM seems town right now. He does this every game, and in fact the only time he doesn't make a d1 scum read on me is when he's scum.

Nothing substantial. I'm keeping my vote on you for now, Kash.

I would vote for Gabriel, Herm, or biaga to avoid a no-lynch.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Do people just not read in this game or?????

I just want to know your opinions :negative:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, how would it make any sense that Biaga is likely scum if I'm definitely scum? Do you think I'm doing some insane suicidal bussing strat?

How have i rolled off the radar? I've been garnering votes all day and engaging the thread in discussion.

Finding Gabriel's response to be weird doesn't insinuate in any way that I find Biaga to be town, and I don't get where you think I'm back pedaling there.

Currently I think Gabriel is posting a lot, and not a ton that feels substantial to me. As we approach deadline, I'll want to see where their content goes or if it's mostly white noise.

I haven't dodged an accusation and I think it's clear from that you aren't noting my reactions and are in fact trying to create a narrative to support your vote that doesn't exist.

Just because I think biaga could be scum doesn't mean I can't think you're scum as well. I feel like a lot of your answers earlier in the thread were pretty lackluster and it's looking like the votes adding onto you have finally pressured you into giving more of an opinion. Specifically, I think your :iiam:: attitude from earlier flew under the radar when it should have received more flak (Nth pointed it out earlier, too).

I think it's weird that you weren't cool with Gabe's biaga vote and then suddenly voting biaga yourself. :iiam:

Your reactions now have been the most substantial they've been all day. But I think your performance so far has been pretty scummy and I'm still sticking by it.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Actually the amount of inconsistencies and weird story fabrications that I noticed, colonel is jumping on a vote and trying to gauge the feeling of the thread before it becomes a full wagon.

##vote colonel corazon

What am I fabricating? If I just straight up made up something point it out at least. biaga's floundering under pressure but still being a town could be understandable since he's new (unlikely, I think he's prob scum), but I don't think you're making yourself look like much of a diamond with the pressure on you right now.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

Kash, you went from a vote on Biaga being weird to voting him yourself in just over an hour and you've stuck to your guns ever since. This is why I agree with TMM that your vote seems opportunistic. The only waver you've had was this morning:

Furthermore you got a direct accusation of being bros with Pope and you did the same thing you blame Biaga for:

##vote Kashuno

Wow I'm definitely the only one put off by your biaga vote. You've dug in deep on biaga and given reasons, sure, but I think you're flopping on responding to others accusations.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm posting Nth's quote in response to kashuno, btw. Hit reply too soon.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Roger dodger.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

On another read, I did miss some of your page 6 responses since that's when I started typing up my post. I'll definitely concede that but I'm still fine with characterizing your play so far on D1 as evasive and opportunistic.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern posted:

So I didn't have nearly as much time to actually post this evening as I thought, due to prepping early for the possible hurricane this weekend. Just reread as much as I can.

I think that Hermetic's speculation on Biaga's lynch, and treating it as somewhat inevitable seems a bit off. The tinfoil stuff was kind of weird and I don't really like how he's felt kind of white noise-y. Saying "haha, yeah this seems scummy" just kind of brings the bad vibes to me. Gabriel Pope was at least right that Hermetic wasn't the first vote, and waited for a little more support on the vote-train to bring out the weird theories.

I kind of agree with Kashuno re: Corazon's giant wall'o'casing, but it might just be because it didn't feel very organized and that kind of poo poo really irks me when someone's trying to convince me with a body of evidence. I am going to reread that thing once more before I go to bed.

At this stage, I'd be alright voting Hermetic to avoid a no-lynch. Possibly Biaga because I can see the rationale for scum in his case, although I am still leaning on the side of 'nervous new town player.' Colonel Corazon hasn't really posted a ton so it's kind of hard to get a good read.

I'm keeping more organized notes on gabe, herm, and kash but I condensed the poo poo out of them for my post (since my Fury Road effortpost were really loving long) and I can see its been detrimental with re to kash and I straight up missed part of kash's page 6 posts. I'll update tomorrow and detail my thoughts better. Gonna keep my vote where it is though.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern posted:

I really don't get the 'Kash has rolled off the radar' bit in your giant case post, Corazon. Kash has been in the middle of the discussion for the last page or two. Seems like it could be an attempt to push some extra heat on Kashuno.

That's pretty much because I did a quick read of what had been posted while I was writing my post (about halfway through page 7) and it was looking like Kash was going off the radar and I thought his weak responses deserved more attention. By the way, I should have been saying page 7 instead of 6 in the last posts. Bed time!

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

This is literally: "My entire argument fell apart, but I'm going to keep my vote where it is anyway because :effort:"

Nope. I still feel like you're a good D1 vote. Herm isn't looking too hot either. Gonna need to reread after work bc poo poo got crazy while I was sleeping and deserves better than just a quick read

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Hermetic posted:

You are taking this way too seriously, mate. You know you don't get lynched in real life if you lose the vote, right?

You make me wanna ##unvote

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I will agree that it was lovely to hammer early. He was pissing me off with his silly poo poo so I just decided I had had enough and lynched. I don't regret my decision.

Back to voting for the real scum ##vote colonel corazon

No, all you did was take an opportunistic vote to end discussion early when you were one of the other contenders for getting lynched. Ending D1 early only benefited you. ##vote kashuno

With or without your shady D1 behavior, that alone is worth a vote.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

CC threw together a slipshod case D1, then you pulled a ridiculously bad hammer vote to end D1 early, and now CC is conveniently hiding behind your bad play to look like they were always justified in pushing your case.

I felt justified yesterday on voting Kash and even more so today. I only unvoted because I didn't want Kash to get hammered while Herm was having a meltdown. I wanted time to see just what the gently caress Herm was doing so I'd make a better vote if possible but Kash hammered that plan before I could ever reread.

I'm on the road atm but I'll be back either late tonight or tomorrow morning to elaborate. I don't work at all this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to effortpost :madmax:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I can't wait to be lynched for getting angry at someone

We'll hey you lynched someone bc you didn't like their attitude so :allears:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

I missed this in CC's huge effortpost and you're right, it's seriously :psyduck:

There's no missing nested quote in the middle of that, he literally just pivots straight from biaga to Kash with like no transition whatsoever.

I'm in the middle of rereading Kash's posts so more on that later.

biaga's D1 posting was generally nuts but like other players I was will to give him a break for being a defensive newbie. And I genuinely thought Kash was scum on D1. I'd definitely vote for biaga to avoid a no-lynch today but I think, regardless of how scummy you think he was/wasn't on D1, Kash's lovely hammer on Herm comes across as completely scummy.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

:justpost:

Re: Kashuno

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yeah, it's not like we want to do any scumhunting or anything :rolleyes:

##vote biaga

Kashuno posted:

this is a weird insinuation

Kumbamontu posted:

I think a defeatist attitude is something a lot of newbies (and, hell, non-newbies too) fall into regardless of alignment

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

This is what first catches my attention. I read Kash’s disagreement with Gabe’s vote and then subsequent vote on biaga as a weird turn around. I saw it as an opportunistic vote on biaga, after he didn’t appear to be on board with Gabriel’s vote on biaga.

And honestly, if it wasn’t for Kash’s attitude following the vote, I might not have paid as much attention to Kash after that. TMM calls Kash’s vote on biaga opportunistic and Kash’s response is just “nah”. It’s weak, it’s deflective, and it rubs me the wrong way.

quote:

Kumbamontu posted:

Scum are typically, psychologically speaking, prone to self-consciousness, and thus when posed with the question of "Are you scum?" they are more likely to answer with very short responses like a simple no..

Kash is being a smartass, but this really rubs me the wrong way. Scummy. He puts up a case on biaga but now it just feels defensive when Kash could’ve explained when he voted for biaga.

Kashuno posted:

Why? Biaga answered Kumba's question with a non-answer, rather than a denial. His response is not useful, and is dodging the question. In addition, taunting a vote like that seems very scummy to me. It's a small case, but it's something for now.

Later, Gabriel asks what Kash thinks of biaga again and Kash says:

Kashuno posted:

Yes.

Biaga posted:

If I was serious about calling you a scum I would have voted. I know nothing about you, besides the few brief posts in this game so far, and all your posts of which are pretty much feeler posts and fluff to get the thread going.

Biaga posted:

I will take dumb or weird.

First part, this is not my first werewolf style game but it is my first real push into playing without face to face interaction. Continually I know at this rate I will either be dead in the first day or the first night.

Also, you don't think I have already stirred the pot? (abeit unintentionally).

Personally I would start to look at the people who on the first day are prepared to draw blood. The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

These posts still feel scummy as hell. Especially The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

At this point, multiple people have jumped on biaga’s comment on D1’s lynching. Kash is just joining the chorus.

Kumbamontu posted:

Why? It's wrong, but why is it scummy?

Kashuno posted:

After resigning himself to accusation and death (twice now) he then states it's a bad idea to start killing people d1.

It’s weak but it’s something. Biaga really isn’t doing himself any favors on D1 so people coming out voting on biaga isn’t that surprising. Biaga seems resigned but calls out Kash as scum (no reasoning). TMM agrees with that.

Kash responds to biaga:

Kashuno posted:

I would like it if you post cases, reasoning, and votes. If you are town, posting analysis is the only weapon you have to help hunt scum; the posts you've been making are not helpful to town and seem more like scum dodging generating content in fear they will make their scum bros look bad or accidentally slip something.

People start making cases against Herm.

Kumbamontu posted:

Evidence is demonstrably not everything in mafia - persuasion is. You don't have to be right, you just need to convince others that you're right. Looking for hard evidence that someone is scum is going to be an uphill battle, because everything is subjective.

As people have already stated, looking for a "viable option" this early reeks of trying to take advantage of someone's blunder instead of actually hunting scum. Gut calls are perfectly fine D1 - even if you're wrong, you can get people to respond to your prods and accusations in order to better gauge their alignment. You're coming across as even more defeatist than Biaga is here. This, combined with your tinfoil theory and Podima's analysis of your sheepishness, leads me to believe you are scum.

##vote Hermetic

Kashuno posted:

I really like this argument, and will have to give Hermetic a reread.

Kash jumps on board. On this reread, I’m noticing that he jumps on board after other people start making cases on them. The exception would be him rallying against me.

TMMadman posted:

I don't like those last two posts by Gabriel. All he does is essentially call out two people for hedging, but doesn't make any alignment calls.

My gut says Kash and Gabriel are working together.

lovely attitude again. Kash gets defensive again. This is about the point where I’m basing my first effortpost off of.

Kashuno posted:

I don't get you, man. His callouts aren't related to people I've even commented on except for saying I need to reread herm thanks to Kumba. I'm not calling people out without giving alignments or backing my play, we aren't acting similarly or going after the same people. What makes you think that we're both scumbros?

I’m really not sure about TMM’s Gabriel and Kash scumbro theory, but I really don’t think Kash has offered much substantial in backing his play at this point. His biaga vote is pretty much in line with what others are saying.

Nth calls out Kash as well:

Nth Doctor posted:

##vote Kashuno

Kash’s response is to quote himself:

Kashuno posted:

I don't get you, man. His callouts aren't related to people I've even commented on except for saying I need to reread herm thanks to Kumba. I'm not calling people out without giving alignments or backing my play, we aren't acting similarly or going after the same people. What makes you think that we're both scumbros?

This is a crummy defense.

TMMadman posted:

It's because in all the hedging that Pope has done so far, he makes a post that calls you town.

Kashuno posted:

Fair. I hadn't noticed that.

Kash answers TMM but I really don’t think he’s answered to Nth Doctor yet.

Biaga posted:

So I have stopped lurking in this thread, so I apologise for not posting as much as I use to (continually I am in school so Wednesdays are busy for me) but regardless i will attempt to clarify my justification for pointing a finger at Kashuno.

The first person to vote for me was pope, I honestly think his vote was less a serious post and more a point of justifying to me the intention of day1 in feeling out people and forcing them to justify a vote or suspicion. Kushuno, on the other hand, was less about justification and more aimed at removing the first likely threat. He jumped on voting for the first person with a weak defense, or, more accurately to my situation, lack of experience.

Resigning to die is really easy especially when you have nothing to hide. I also have never stated that killing someone on d1 is anything but negative(though I have grown to see the logic in a game outside face-to-face interaction, as this brief period of attention in game has grown to show me).

I think this sums it up pretty nicely, and only saw this after I started this post.

##vote Kashuno

Biaga backs up his Kash vote. I still agree with the sentiment that Kash’s vote on him was opportunistic. I can also read this as biaga as being backed into a corner and having to double down on someone so I’m taking whatever biaga is saying with a huge loving grain of salt.

Kashuno posted:

If my vote was opportunistic and trying to jump at the first threat I see, why would I stick with my vote as is right now when the tide on the case is turning, and there are other people being voted?

Also it seems weird that a post calling me town sums up your opinions and says to you that you should vote for me.

It’s mostly Kash’s responses that I’m concerned with. At this point, biaga is still in the hot spot so Kash isn’t really going out on any limb here by sticking with biaga as his vote. Hermetic starts taking a beating for his messy posting. I’m more concerned about Kash sliding off the radar because of this and that’s why I bring it up in my effortpost.

Kash and I have a big ‘ol slap fight. I can sum it up as: Kash is being really goddamn defensive. Kash also began looking for others to weigh in on what they thought of me. To me it comes off desperate.

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, how would it make any sense that Biaga is likely scum if I'm definitely scum? Do you think I'm doing some insane suicidal bussing strat?

How have i rolled off the radar? I've been garnering votes all day and engaging the thread in discussion.

Finding Gabriel's response to be weird doesn't insinuate in any way that I find Biaga to be town, and I don't get where you think I'm back pedaling there.

Currently I think Gabriel is posting a lot, and not a ton that feels substantial to me. As we approach deadline, I'll want to see where their content goes or if it's mostly white noise.

I haven't dodged an accusation and I think it's clear from that you aren't noting my reactions and are in fact trying to create a narrative to support your vote that doesn't exist.

Now I’ll revisit this.

1. Thinking that biaga is possibly scum doesn’t mean I can’t also think the same of Kash. Kash is saying that I think they’re both scum together which would be loving stupid (as he points out) since they’re pointing fingers at eachother. One of them could be town, but they’re both acting scummy so either one could be a worthwhile vote.
2. When I finally posted my effortpost, the Herm discussion was heating up and I didn’t want your shady poo poo getting lost in the mix.
3.After rereading this, I can see your point. I still maintain that your vote at that time was opportunistic and looking like you took issue with Gabriel’s vote but then voting on biaga too looks weird. Good thing you’ve given me plenty of other poo poo to sift through.

My effortpost wasn’t that great. I wanted to cut it down to avoid a huge fuckoff post like this. Hopefully my mindset is more clear now. I saw Kash as a good D1 vote (still do) though I was plenty willing to hear out cases on other people and vote differently to avoid a no-lynch.

Now I wanna take a look at Herm’s demise. I unvoted Kash because I felt like I needed to reread Herm because it was deadline day and I wanted to make the best vote I could. Reading through Herm I can see why he got lynched and I feel like there was plenty to justify voting against him. What I can’t understand is how Kash ending the vote seven hours early with a hammer benefits anyone besides himself. Kash and Herm were the players with the most votes at that point. The second the tide turned, Kash jumped on it and squashed any more debating that would have been helpful to town.

Kashuno posted:

I would like it if you post cases, reasoning, and votes. If you are town, posting analysis is the only weapon you have to help hunt scum; the posts you've been making are not helpful to town and seem more like scum dodging generating content in fear they will make their scum bros look bad or accidentally slip something.

I'll follow your advice to biaga. My vote on you stands. :allears:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I think this CC/Kash thing might end up being the best option. I can't see both of them being scum and going so hard at each other. There is the possibility that both are town and it's just a standard town slap fight, but I think it's more likely that one is scum and the other is town. Personally, I lean towards Kash as scum, but I am always slightly biased against him. However, Kash is pushing some people to make calls, but so far his only real calls are CC is scum and he continues holding his D1 view on Biaga being scum. Let's take a different track here, Kash who do you think is town right now?

If it ends up that we're both town I'll eat my hat. :colbert:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Well, it conveniently got a bunch of lurkers (such as you) off the hook for posting D1 and gave you an excuse to keep pushing Kash instead of doing real scumhunting. I don't see any way that it realistically could have been coordinated between you two but you have to admit that it was a gift from heaven for you.

I thought it was pretty loving inconvenient in the end. I was skimming the thread at work, saw poo poo was getting heated, and unvoted Kash because I didn't want Kash to get quickhammered when other people were making cases and there was active discussion. Turns out Herm got hammered pretty fast and we all lost out on debate time.

Are you saying that I was possibly coordinating with Kash? :psyduck:

And you don't think I'm doing scum hunting? I posted my thoughts on Kash (a lot of thoughts). You don't think he's scummy? :psypop:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Oh yeah, biaga, I really wanna hear from you. As far as I'm concerned you're still another good target for my vote. I'm surprised you're not jumping on the chance to post a more on D2 because you got lucky as hell considering how it started off.

You said you wanted to look at people who voted for Herm. What do you think of them?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Regarding the N1 kills:

Deadbeat - Really only came out against Herm and then got axed. Can’t say if someone in particular benefited from that. He basically hadn’t done anything.

Someone Awful - Didn’t end the day voting for anyone but had posted about other players:

Someone Awful! posted:

I'll take a messy d1 over a low-effort/boring d1 any day.

Would vote: hermetic (for reasons stated earlier), ssv (lurking and lazy me-too voting), maybe gabriel pope but I feel better about him now.

TMMadman posted:

Oh I agree. I was actually going to write: This has been a pretty messy D1, but we should get good information regardless of who we lynch. However, I didn't want to sound like I didn't care about who we lynch because I want to lynch scum.

I don't like this post at all, it seems like a completely overstated and unnecessary clarification to reassure us that you're totally town for sure bros :shrug:

TMMadman posted:

Fair enough, but I think you're jumping at ghosts.

Someone Awful! posted:

Possibly! Like I wouldn't vote you for it it just seemed idk, over the top

more "i'm gonna look at that dude again" then "holy crap hang that dude asap"

SA had a brief exchange with TMM but didn’t seem to put off by TMM. I haven't gotten scum vibes at all from TMM. SA said he would vote for Herm (Town), SSV or Gabriel (though he didn’t feel too strong on Gabriel anymore). SA didn’t make a strong case against either, so I’m not sure if that was enough for either to target him but it could have made SA a nightkill target. SA had previously voted for Gabriel, so possibly motivation there. Additionally, SSV and Gabriel ended up voting for Herm.

When I reread Gabriel, though, he’s posting a lot and adding to the discussion. I feel like he had a good reason for voting for Herm anyways, so I have a hard time holding that against him. But with regards to SA, they did have an exchange after SA voted for Gabriel:

Gabriel Pope posted:

Some super-hedged posts from Someone Awful, getting a really weird vibe here. He really, really wants to make a case on kumba but doesn't really have anything to build it on, so he calls it a gut feel. Nothing wrong with calling your gut, but I'm :raise: at how much he preemptively tries to defend and distance himself from his "gut" posts.

Also kind of curious why this comes up at all. What makes you peg him as a power role? I'm just honestly curious about your reasoning here, it doesn't seem to be particularly scummy but it comes out of left field.

Gabriel’s response really doesn’t hit me as too scummy either. He doesn’t vote back against SA and focuses on Herm. But between Gabriel and SSV, killing SA makes more sense for Gabriel. It still kinda feels weak to me though.

SSV hasn’t been posting a whole lot. He doesn't feel blatantly scummy to me and I feel like he had a good reason to vote Herm too. SSV never really brought up SA except to say he was townie (after SA was dead) so there’s really not much to go off there.

I feel pretty neutral on SSV but would feel better if he posted more. If SSV doesn't post more and just kinda sneaks through D2 I'm going to be a little more worried. With Gabriel, I’m kinda getting scummy vibes because of his response to my second effortpost:

Gabriel Pope posted:

I explicitly said exactly the opposite of that, so no.

Yes, I think Kash is scummy. No, I don't think you're seriously scumhunting. Your megapost is a mix of pointing out the obvious (I think literally everybody is suspicious of his D1 hammer) and rehashing your terrible D1 arguments that are still terrible:

You keep quoting Kumba starting to back off Biaga as evidence of Kash's vote being "opportunistic." An opportunistic vote would be taking advantage of other people doing the groundwork and putting votes and pressure on someone.

I’ll agree that I’ve been focused on Kash, it’s because I think he’s the most obvious scum. The reason I’m put off by Gabriel’s vote is that it seems disingenuous. Reads more like a defense of Kash and trying to put heat back on me. This is all fine and dandy but I don’t like that he defines what opportunistic is as though he’s the only one who can be right about it. The first votes for biaga came in and Kash jumped in and it seemed flimsy and weird. That’s my opinion. I wasn’t the only one who saw Kash’s vote as opportunistic and had similar reasons for suspecting Kash. Gabriel makes a lot of other really good posts, so I’m not feeling as strongly about voting him as Kash, but I a little wary now. I kinda go back and forth on Gabriel.

Gonna reread Kumba and Green, since they also voted for Herm. Really been thinking Kumba was town so I’ll see how I feel after thinking more about it.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Also, in retrospect, I still cannot loving believe the tracker died so easily. Like I've never seen a town with a good role fold up like that. It's really hard to make much of a case on anyone for voting on Herm since he just made it so easy to :smith:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

That is a real big post to say effectively nothing

So like all of your posting? :boom:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

My posts have actual content and reads though? That post is a huge "I don't have reads on anyone except the guy everyone thinks is scum, even though we're almost through d2"

How bout this:

SSV: neutral but probably scum if he doesn't post more
Gabriel: back and forth between scummy/neutral, not confident on this dude but would vote for him to avoid a lynch

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Do you think we can be friends one day Kash

:mitt:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, nothing I say to you extends beyond this game you scumbo

Likewise, scumlord. :glomp:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

His early d2 posting once modkill/replacement was threatened was all about throwing shade at various easy-target people without building cases, bad setup spec, and clearly pushing to get himself above the modkill line. Once he got there that night, he vanished from the thread without actually putting a vote down. Yes, I get Australia time, but he then wandered off to post in TWO OTHER MAFIA GAMES without returning to this one over the next 24 hours. Since then, all his posts in the thread have been terrible low content contributions that do nothing to advance the town cause. (He's still the only one below the mod+votefinder line, notably.)

SA! poked at a few different people on d1, but he ultimately threw a lot of shade on SSV and then wound up dead. This, combined with SSV's immediate leap to trying to open up multiple NK possibilities at the start of d2, looks really suspicious.

As bad as Biaga's lack of posting is, I still think that SSV has raised more red flags than he has right now with fewer posts in this thread. ##vote ssv

Okay it definitely doesn't look good that he's been posting in other games and not here. That really, really looks bad.

I didn't read SSV's discussion on night kills as too suspicious but you put it in a much different context than I was reading. I thought it he was being a earnest. I'm going to have to reread SSV.

I really wish SA had left us with a final vote.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Biaga posted:

Why, should I continue to state that I think you are scum? Yes, I have other suspicions but you continue to prove to be a petty, defensive, bloodthirsty, and overall scummy player.

I will keep my vote as it is now, I am pretty happy with my decision.

I really wish you would post more. This is a lovely attitude. The more you post, the more you help town. What are your other suspicions?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern posted:

Formatting, why.

Reposting my sections for Colonel Corazon and Vimes:

Neutral/Undecided
Colonel Corazon - Alright, I'm mixed in my opinion here. You pushed Hermetic at the same time as Kashuno in your first big rambly post, and then voted Kashuno. Backed off on that once Hermetic started to break down. I reread this post of yours, and put out this weak assertion that Gabriel Pope would have been smart to kill Someone Awful, and then you back off on it. Immediately after giving Vimes a pass, you get back on Gabriel Pope for supposedly defending Kash while quoting him as saying that he thinks Kashuno is scummy. It reads like muddying the waters to me. I don't like it.

Kinda Scummy
SirSamVimes - Posting is really light on content D1. He brought up the whole setup spec discussion, which has been a minor distraction/annoyance throughout D2. Seriously light posting on D1, which comes down to "I'm getting ~vibes~ from Kashuno."

When I made my first effortpost I legit thought Kash was scummier. Do you mean backed off on Kash when Herm started melting down? I unvoted Kash because I wanted to read what the hell was going on with Herm and didn't want a quickhammer on Kash when other poo poo was going down.

With regard to Gabriel and SA, I pointed out that he had some reason to want SA dead but it seems pretty weak (esp because SA was backing off of Gabriel before he died). I had a fairly neutral take on SSV as well, but Podima' post about him and SA have given me good incentive to revisit my take. I brought Gabriel back up again because I thought he made a lovely post. Overall I think Gabriel's posting has been helpful in general but I feel conflicted, that post towards me being part of the reason. I'd vote for Gabriel to avoid a no-lynch but he's not my first target.

Biaga is having another poo poo day so I'd vote for him. I feel like Podima is pretty darn town so seeing his read on SSV makes me feel like I need to reconsider how neutral I think SSV is. I think I might be wrong on my original assessment that Gabriel had more reason wanting SA dead than SSV.

I'm pretty confident that Kumba is town, even though he voted Herm he's been making a ton of helpful posts.

TMM and Nth seem town, but I don't trust them as much as I trust Podima and Kumba as town. I'm not so sure on you all the time Green, but I've appreciated you pointing out bullshit in my posts and asking people to explain themselves better.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'll be at work during the deadline but I'll try to be watching so I can switch my vote to Sam to avoid a lynch if need be. It's looking like biaga will get to lurk another day...

Biaga if you're out there please :justpost:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay that works for me. ##vote Biaga

Just like that. Really? Nothing else? The dude you were voting for scum convinces you to vote otherwise just like that? ##unvote

Does that strike anyone else and loving weird? My break is coming up soon so I can reread but I'm actually thinking you might be a better vote today than Kash.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Haha what the gently caress just even happpened. :chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

What the hell are you people doing

:psypop:

Like did any of this really have to happen

• Locked thread