Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Ivory Tower of the Zeranim stands alone, silently watching and guarding. Guarding what, you may ask? Guarding the ley line that fuels all the world's magic. It is here, on the continent of Pir'na'nayum, that it is said the ley line breached the surface of the earth, sprouting in the eastern hills. A geyser of power threatened to destroy the world, until the great archmages of the order of Zeran sacrificed themselves to seal the ley line back in, where it belongs. And it is now time for another Recuperative Council, as the wards placed by the Zeranim will not last forever. Should they fail, the world will be plunged into an age of chaos and horror. Doom will sweep across the land and life as it is known in the whole land of Fayod will be transformed into something terrible. And yet there are those who seek to take advantage of this moment of weakness and release the ley line across the world. Were the sigils to vanish, these agents of Evil would achieve great power in the coming apocalypse. Just as the most important work needs to be done, a great suspicion has fallen over the Tower; cloudy energies obscure the true nature of those who work there. Can you find and eliminate the threat before all is lost?

Welcome to Wizards Mafia, a game for 13. I would like to extend this game to newer players, it is somewhat more complex than the most basic setups, but doesn't get too esoteric either. This IS a re-make of a previous game, so if you've played or read the first Wizards Mafia I would ask you not to sign up.

To vote for someone type ##vote player with bold tags. If you want to remove your vote but not vote for anyone else type ##unvote in bold. If you want to change your vote to someone else, just ##vote different player, no need to unvote. It is possible to ##vote no lynch.
Hangings will be majority (days can end in a no hang).
Thread will be closed at night.

All standard mafia rules apply.
DON'T LURK.
No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't quote your role PM or other privileged communications.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't post after dying unless you are making a single cheerleader ghostpost.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't fake day actions.
DON'T LURK!

1. Biaga
  2. Colonel Corazon
  3. Gabriel Pope
  4. Green Intern
  5. Hermetic
  6. Kashuno
  7. Kumbamontu
  8. Nth Doctor
  9. Podima
  10. SirSamVimes
  11. Someone Awful!
  12. TMMadman
  13. Tommunist / Deadbeat Dad

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

Sure let's do this.

How long will day/night periods be, and when will deadlines be? I'm reasonably flexible but will be traveling the next two weekends - can still be around this coming weekend, but next weekend I'll be pretty well off the grid.

Typically I run 48-60 hour days, nights up to 24h, but I also loathe weekend deadlines so sometimes days will be up to 72 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It would be ok to have some veteran presence in the game as well!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

Are wizzards accepted or only hoity toity wizards?

:henget:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Green Intern posted:

Hey, I'm interested in joining this.

1. Still a newbie but you said that wasn't a problem.
2. I'll be stuck with phone-only access to the forums during the day for the rest of the work-week, so not sure if that's an issue or not.
3. I'll be out of town entirely Oct 9-11, but with limited phone access. Again, if that's an issue, feel free to dump me.
4. I like wizards. But not Wizards. That movie is an abomination.

as long as you can get some posting in, that's good by me. hard to tell if an inability to post in two weeks is going to be an issue, though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Green Intern posted:

It will probably be more like infrequent posting than inability.

then you're in

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That's 13 players! I will be assigning roles and sending role PMs out shortly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hermetic posted:

It's a Gauntlet of Chastity Defense. :smug:

:thurman:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

just noticed the deadline is 11:15PM. How weird.

:sun: foo sets the deadline when foo is available to work the deadline, it often changes from gameday to gameday, pay attention :sun:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hello, wizards! We are just under 24 hours into day one, and I would like to remind everyone of rule 1: DON'T LURK! The minimum acceptable level of posting is, as a rule of thumb, equal to the moderator + votefinder. Some of you are doing just fine, some of you need to post more. If you think you'll be unable to contribute to the game at a level that makes it fun for everyone, let me know and I will figure out a replacement for you.

Preferably, post :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whoa you have an av now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kashuno check your voting, the broken quote means you're currently voting for yourself

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Deadbeat Dad replaces Tommunist!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I'm sorry for not posting a lot, I'm not great at engaging in D1.

fine, but you still have a responsibility to not lurk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

gently caress you.

##vote hermetic

this is hammer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The first day's work in the tower was disorienting, to say the least. Knowing there were Evil wizards infiltrating but not being able to tell who they were set everyone on edge. Powerful wizards from across Fayod, and reduced to squabbling. Such are the stakes. Hermetic found himself the target of suspicion, and eventually grew despondent, approaching the window of the tower. Spitefully he stepped up to the sill himself. Perhaps he was reconsidering, but Kashuno found Hermetic's spite distasteful in the extreme, and gave him the final nudge he need to plunge to his death. The first wizard at the Ivory Tower had perished. Who would be the next?

On Day 1, Hermetic, Good-Aligned Scryer (Town Tracker), was defenestrated!

It is now Night 1. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The sun arose on the second day of work, and many of the wizards were already beginning their morning rituals. Some were not, however. Some would never again see the light of day.

On Night 1, Deadbeat Dad, Good-Aligned Diviner (Town Rolecop), was slain!

On Night 1, Someone Awful!, Good-aligned Abjurer (Town Jailkeeper), was slain!

It is now Day 2!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

okay there have been enough hours of actual gameplay, all lurkers below the line are liable to be replaced or modkilled without further warning, PM me if there are issues

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Biaga posted:

As one player to another outside the game, I am sorry I took so long to respond Kash. I have decided that lurking in this game is a bad idea. With that said I will try and respond more often or check at least twice a day instead of once. Sorry for the delay, I can see that to be active here I should be posting more.
thank you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

On the second day of work, a couple of wizards were under heavy scrutiny. SirSamVimes among them, both for looking suspicious while doing very little. He was paraded towards the window, and stoically or perhaps just silently, awaited his fate. Green Intern gave him the last shove, but there were plenty of willing executioners.

On Day 2, SirSamVimes, Good-Aligned Wizard (Town Vanilla), was defenestrated!

It is now Night 2. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay folks, got pulled into a meeting right at the end of the work day.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The third day. Work must be done. The Wizards arose grimly, knowing that there would be dead in their midst. But perhaps there was a light? Only one wizard's life force was gone this morning.

On Night 2, Green Intern, Good-Aligned Wizard (Town Vanilla), was slain!

It is now Day 3.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Please note I have moved the deadline up two hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A little-discussed aspect of wizardry is the concept of laws and chaos. Today, in the tower, chaos reigned. Accusations of magical skill and arcane proofs were requested, provided, denied, and misunderstood. Among the wizards, Colonel Corazon seemed to be the strangest attractor of attention, yet when she was forced towards the window, the most unusual thing yet took place. With a sneer, she simply stepped out, and fell. But no impact was ever noticed. An odd power surge was felt, and then all was still.

On Day 3, Colonel Corazon was defenestrated, but a strange force has saved her life! It is now Night 3. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The night took its blood, but perhaps not all was bad news. Two wizards did not arise, but only one was a loss for the forces of good.

On Night 3, Kumbamontu, Good-Aligned Thaumaturgist (Town Doctor), was slain!

On Night 3, Podima, Evil-Aligned Wizard (Magia Goon), was slain!

It is now Day 4.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Votecount for Day 4

Colonel Corazon (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (5): Biaga, Colonel Corazon, Gabriel Pope, Nth Doctor, TMMadman

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 09th, 2015 at 5:45 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There was little confusion on the fourth day of work. Colonel Corazon could not be trusted, so again out the window she went. This time, there was confirmation. No strange forces today.

On Day 4, Colonel Corazon, Neutral-Aligned Necromancer (3P Serial Killer), was defenestrated!

It is now Night 4. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

On Night 4, TMMadman, Good-Aligned Scryer (Town Tracker), was slain!

And as day broke, Evil could no longer be stopped. With TMMadman's death, the sigils were too weak to stand up to the sabotage of the evil Wizards. Good had failed, and the ley line ruptured, corrupting the world. Fayod would be transformed forever. Not immediately, though. First Pir'na'nayum would fall, and then each continent and ocean and turn. Good would be unable to stop the flow of magic. The Ivory Tower of the Zeranim, once hailed as a beacon of life, would now be a dark tower from where Evil would rule on high, its name cursed from this day forward.

Biaga, Good-Aligned Wizard, (Town Vanilla), was purged!

Kashuno, Good-Aligned Wizard, (Town Vanilla), was purged!

Nth Doctor, Evil-Aligned Illusionist (Mafia 1-Shot Bus Driver), has ascended!

Gabriel Pope, Evil-Aligned Runecaster (Mafia Jack of all Trades, 1-Shot Ninja, 1-Shot Roleblock, 1-Shot Juggernaut), has ascended!

:siren: EVIL (Nth Doctor, Gabriel Pope, Podima) HAS WON :siren:

mod doc
scum doc PRO-READ

Thanks for playing everyone, it was a really great game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nth Doctor posted:

Moxie, mafia aligned Godbabby was born D4.

:3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Ugh. 3 scum plus an SK in a 13 player game? No chance of winning as town after a mislynch on D2.

Town won the last time I ran this :toot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whoops!, but yes, pre-game the serial killer got a choice of Ninja+Juggernaut or 1-Shot Deathproof.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yeah things could have gone very differently without the bus drive

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wizards mafia the first had town winning after lynching town the first four days and getting a townie modkilled on the fourth day :toot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kumbamontu posted:

They probably didn't lose 3/5 of their powerroles the first day/night cycle though which was part of the problem, the deck was hugely stacked against us as of D2

true, the first two deaths were VT, the third was the rolecop

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm glad you had fun!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Self-voting when there's no actual reason to is The Worst Play and you shouldn't do it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

That was so fun. Basically everything went how or close enough to how I wanted it to. My huge bet was on there being 3 mafia and getting one faction needing me alive on D4. If you want I can explain every action I took. Foo can a atest to how drat delighted I was until the end.

:allears:

And it wasn't personal SA, I wanted you dead bc you've played with me and probably have a good read on how I play. :ohdear:

reminder this happened:

Colonel Corazon posted:

I want someone to know my terrible guess:

I try to kill TMM, doc protects TMM, mafia roleblocks TMM, TMM fails tracking me. Mafia technically saves SK. We got a mafia roleblocker at least.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

reminder this happened:

Gabe blocks TMM
Kumba protects TMM
Nth kills grint
Colonel does not kill TMM
TMM gets a failed result

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There's a lot of ways for things to go awry for either side, this time it broke in favor of scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

Best quote of the game. I wanna frame it.

Yes this was fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kumbamontu posted:

Actually I just looked at the setup again and the SK is only supposed to choose between Ninja/Strongman or 1x BP not DP??

That would have changed things significantly

Hmm, must have hosed that up somewhere in translation, sorry people

• Locked thread