Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will take all of these scrub idiot newbs lovely new posters to school with my 6 year SA mafia experience.

I'll sign up to fill it up. Give my spot to a newer player if they want in though.

Give it to this guy VVv

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hello pals. I will catch up, but if anybody wants to condense some things we're looking at that would be swell too.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

I think the biggest issues facing you are these:

1. Do you think Biaga is being an awkward newbie or an awkward scum? Lots of people think scum, a couple people (including me) just see new guy.

2. What do you think about Hermetic? I believe he is another new guy and the same questions apply to him. I am pretty neutral on him right now

3. Gabriel Pope is also getting looked at a bit now because he is hedging a bit.

About the only solid town read I've got is Kumba because he is posting a lot and it's pretty sincere.

Awkward newbie read for me, but I don't like your vote on Kash at all, don't think his reaction was really out of the ordinary.

I don't like my gut on Hermetic, mostly because he reads like me when I post as scum. High praise, I know.

I hedge a bit sometimes because I don't like to hard commit myself to anybody unless I for sure have information or a drat good gut read, so playing cautious isn't bad.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm going to have a slow rear end start since replacing in is always tough for me for some reason. I need to interact to get reads more than reading up on things that happened.

Hermetic posted:

Wow, you jumped to some serious conclusions, given that I never said I thought you were scum, changed my vote, made an accusation, etc.

You're kinda defensive, mate...

I don't like this exchange between Kumba and Hermetic at all. Kumba did kind of jump to a conclusion there, but you did use the words "concretely scummy" which means he was the scummiest read to you at the moment - so in theory, what he said wasn't really that much of a stretch. He didn't really act super defensive in my eyes either.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Hermetic

Feeling good about this.

I want to re-read Kash since people have spoke on him a bit - what's opportunistic about it? It's a weak vote, but it was an early vote and he admittedly said it was something small. I don't agree with it at all since Biaga reads fine to me, but Kash's vote doesn't really stick out to me one way or another.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Green Intern posted:

Fair enough.

Who do you feel is scum? You have a lot of content and posts, but haven't hard committed to anybody yet. You had some good points on Hermetic and still said "you'd vote him to avoid a no-lynch" - you seem pretty stingy with your vote.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Green Intern posted:

Those who were in Foo's first XCOM game can attest that I was stingy with my vote then as well, so I won't argue on that point.

That's fine - it can just read as a bit apprehensive and looks bad in retrospect in certain situations, also bit of a scum tell when you don't want to hard commit to anything and play the fence a bit, especially for newer players. In my time on these forums, rarely do you ever see newbie scum go all gung ho with a case on somebody - they like to sit back and let things unfold, sometimes to their detriment.

It's partly why I think Kashuno reads town to me. It's not that he's being super aggressive or anything, but he's like an uncaged bird, you know? Free from all the tyranny ITT ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hermetic posted:

ISpeaking of which, when I'm at -1, let me know, and I'll make my last post and self-hammer, K?

Why are you sounding so defeated? Your job is to prove us wrong, no matter how awful you think the case is made against you - make us think you're so overwhelming towny that you flip this whole thing around and give us a bunch of good stuff to look back on D1 towards certain people.

You're only ahead by 1 vote, and -2 from lynch.. I'd much rather you claim at some point if you're still lead vote getter instead of self-hammering out of spite if we indeed are wrong.

• Locked thread