Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Brad writes all of Trumps campaign speeches is my first through after reading that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Droid Washington posted:

What was vanilla WoW's death mechanic and how does it differ from today's WoW? I honestly don't remember.

The death penalty was pretty easy, especially if you came from EQ or FFXI. What was really poop was item decay. It was way too fast and went through numerous tuning cycles. Hunters, who were chalked full of bugs because they went in right at release pretty much had to carry around a spare because they would break shooting. Combat dagger rogues were a close second.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Everquest was not a very good game and most people only played it because there was very little choice at the time and that's where their online acquaintances were. That alone made the bullshit tolerable.

Recreating it in this century will just be another Wildstar dumpster fire. Plus, he only has star power with a very very small minority of over the hill 40 year olds who have already moved on to "hopefully" bigger and better things in their lives.

Givin fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 8, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Not like it's hard to verify.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Verify, or find repeated based on the same original source?

Verify. This isn't some giant insider secret. The man had issues and he could not handle the responsibility of running a company back then. When he tried to talk poo poo up on the Fires of Heaven forums, people called him out for inaccurate claims he was making about his own game. He even tried it here and had to take his ball and go home.

Several people spoke out about how mishandled the company was. I had an old EQ buddy that went to work for them and he mentioned that Brad was often nowhere to be found for weeks at a time. This was way before the story of the great parking lot purge. Back then everyone just assumed that the King poo poo of MMORPGs was super busy and nobody was deserving of his time, not he's actually out snorting coke out of a Tai hookers asscrack.

Just like Richard Garriott, he's an ancient relic that believes in obsolete systems that will not succeed in the gaming industry today and will tank his project because of unwillingness to let go of "The Vision™." The only project or involvement I would ever trust him with is if he were locked in a room and only had pen and paper and told to create a world of fantasy full of awesome lore and poo poo.

Givin fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 8, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Hopefully most of those 235,000 people learned not to trust Brad with their wallets this time around.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Games I bought based on Goon recommendation that turned out to be poo poo:

RAGE
Civ: Beyond Earth
Alpha Protocol
Friday the 13th

AP not so much because it was like a dollar, but god drat if Games doesn't defend this game with such fervor.

Yet somehow I have avoided the constant Chinese MMO craze that sprang up around here with poo poo like Archage, Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online.

Givin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 10, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I want Pantheon to be the next Wildstar.

Also Mercs in FFXI? Can you like, actually do the story fights with a team of them and have them function in a sane manner? Can you dungeon crawl? The last time I played you could get one dude to help you for a limited time I think?

EDIT: Holy poo poo. I just read about them. That sounds pretty cool. Also wish they were in when last I played.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Trust

Givin fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 11, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Plane of Time was the first instanced thing I remember. And it was a good thing indeed.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Mayor McCheese posted:

poo poo, I'm more interested in FF11 now than Pantheon and I still won't play either of them.

I wish this could be the thread title.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I don't want anything that plays like Dark Souls, not even Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Solarin posted:

Pantheon: i unemployed now have been for year money running out help lol nothing

Use this for the Shroud of the Avatar thread as well please.

• Locked thread