Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Vanderhosen
Feb 18, 2011
https://pantheonmmo.com/news/latest_news/

quote:

Visionary Realms to Play Pantheon LIVE on Twitch - Friday, March 11th

Posted date / 3.8.16

This Friday, the 11th of March, tune in to twitch.tv/visionaryrealms at 4pm Pacific Standard Time to catch Visionary Realms playing Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen LIVE! We'll be showing off new areas, new features and even combat. This is one stream you won't want to miss. Bookmark twitch.tv/visionaryrealms today!

We're going to see Pantheon before Everquest Next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Vanderhosen
Feb 18, 2011
With EQN cancelled, my dream is for Daybreak to buy Pantheon, in whatever awful state it's in and we can repeat the Brad Mcquaid MMO cycle.

Sir Vanderhosen
Feb 18, 2011

hayden. posted:

I want to be positive about this but I can't. The TL;DW of the video is that it is almost literally identical to Everquest but with graphics about on par with Vanguard. I can imagine thinking that was awesome 5 years ago, but after doing P99 for a couple years I can't imagine wanting that gameplay style ever again.

I am not really sure I understand the motivation for creating the same gameplay mechanics that have been around for 17 years and beaten to death in every lovely MMO. Maybe they're just doing it for nostalgic purposes, or Brad really has a "vision" and won't die happy until it's executed exactly how he wants it to be, and this is his chance.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have positive feelings about a (slightly) more modern EQ, then this game isn't for you. Within the first 10 minutes of the stream, you got to see fizzles, slow mana regen, long cast times, and horribly tedious inventory management. As other posters have said, they certainly understand their market.

That being said, I'm just autistic enough where I'll probably give it a try if it ever comes out and if this was 10 years ago I would probably even pledge.

Sir Vanderhosen fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 12, 2016

• Locked thread