Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Never had a doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

a real jerk posted:

can i buy the super legendary hero deluxe collectors edition yet

You receive it for free by posting in this thread.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Blazing Zero posted:

chalk up another game coming out before star citizen :smugbert:

:iceburn:

The Olmec Religion has a better chance of coming back before Star Citizen is a thing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DeathSandwich posted:

I wish they would bring Vanguard 1 back from the dead and put some development behind it. It was actually kind of cool after a couple of years away from McQuaid. It was crippled by the disastrous launch that caused players to bail which led to not having enough development staff to accomplish what they wanted.

I also want a unicorn and a magic carpet IRL, so take that for what you will.

From what I understand is that the code was so screwed up from being thrown together that they actually couldn't do anything with the game. It was virtually impossible to clean up the code and writing anything new to work with the existing took a lot longer than what should have been. It wasn't feasible to have resources wasting their time with the game. The movie The Money Pit with beloved 80s sitcom stars Tom Hanks and Shelley Long is a good example of Vanguard. Vanguard is the house.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Uziduke posted:

Has any goon paid to get into testing yet? We need some good info on this one. Brad can save us from bad MMOs that support anti social single player style of play.

If we get a collection going from everyone I will volunteer myself to be the guinea pig.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nauta posted:

sure dude i'll pay you to play a poo poo trainwreck

What can I say, I'm a giver.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

xZAOx posted:

It's supposed to be group oriented, and about slow persistent-world dungeon crawls. Mos other MMOs are all about solo'ing to max level, then joining a random group for 10 minute instanced dungeon blasts.

And a lot of people really loved Vanguard's design (although it also upset a lot of them when they added a lot of the solo quest hub style stuff). But Vanguard is now shut down, and was basically impossible to play anyways because of the constant technical issues.

The only thing out there (that I'm aware of) that has that kind of group focus, would be Project1999, heh.

Oh and a lot of people are confused and think this will bring back the glory days of EverQuest being this super immersive community building style game (spoiler alert: your nostalgia is misleading you, it won't).

I'll give you my rose-colored glasses when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

jabro fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 2, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Node posted:

So was the Disciple. At least for me, I don't know if other MMOGs had a class like it.

It was me. I am the guy that gave his life savings to Brad so he could develop the MMORPG of the millennium.

Bunky?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Didnt they have 5 years worth of development at that point?

There was on the first engine but like previously mentioned they changed engines something like less than a year before release if I remember correctly. Brad didn't want to release that early. He was basically wanted to do a Blizzard release when it's ready thing but Sony isn't Blizzard. Sony said no the game is going out now with or without you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Brad really needs to be treated like a four year old for game development. Get the idea from him then say DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. LET THE ADULTS HANDLE THIS.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Node posted:

what else are the fallen supposed to do

Piss the night away?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No archives for you, Brad. Not getting off that easy!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

i am tim! posted:

True, but I don't think anybody expected EQ Next to kick the bucket before Pantheon, even with the Brad's late start. Granted I don't think he will ever publicly say "it's over" even when it's obvious Pantheon is over. I'm blown away he's been hobbling along as much as has after the whole Christian Cult Game Developers thing.

Since nothing has been said about EQN since Pantheon was even mentioned as being a thing I don't see you can say that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Has the alpha started yet?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They can't sell open betas so there will not be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tabula Rasa was awesome until the final week of beta when they nerfed the hell out of you and made you weak as hell.

• Locked thread