Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I forgot just how ugly Magna Mundi was. It was a fun time following the development of that through these threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

For me, CK2 is pretty explicit in the stories it can tell, whereas with EU4 I tend to fill in the blanks myself, and I kind of love both.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its a really weird project. It started out as a Kickstarter for a game and as the years have gone by it increasingly seems as if its more of a hobby for Shafer to play around with and write about.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pakled posted:

East vs West would have been the worst Paradox game if it ever came out.
Magna Mundi would have been way worse.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I have a feeling that the guys who have been working on CK2 have at least a rough idea of things that they would add or alter in a sequel.

Like UI scaling.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This is Johann's way of saying "The CK2 team has finally agreed to my popular demand that we finally include the whole of China on the map".

Ideally though, they'd just use the presentation to launch EU: Rome 2 with no fanfare; "Guys, we announced this years ago. Remember the guy wearing the t-shirt on stage here?"

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Football Manager is shite, its about time someone took its crown.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I would just like Paradox to announce a game that will be good.

Preferably Victoria 3.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm cautiously optimistic.

They haven't confirmed yet if it's possible to form Byzantium

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It looks much prettier than I was expecting.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

That would take time away from making yet another Pander To The Literal Nazis pack though
Well let me educate you on a little something called "Horseshoe Theory" my friend

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

My only encounter with CK1 was a long LP centred around (I think) Jerusalem, and the impression that I got from that was that it was noble failure. Thankfully Paradox realised its potential and explored it further in the sequel.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How old is that chart? There's no stage where fans piss and moan about how greedy the studio is every time an expansion is announced or released.
Thats mostly the late comers that didn't see the expansions as being almost like a subscription service where you pay periodically for new content because they weren't around for the original release of CK2 where you could only play as a Christian.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"This One Lets You Form The Byzantine Empire" dlc

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Graves > politically roman maps

Should be purple.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/1082653241832280064

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

CK3 should just be the exact same game as CK2, only it has UI scaling.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope they don't give up on Imperator and work on it for a while because that map is loving gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Paradox games are Metroidvanias