Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Fintilgin posted:

The Civil War in V2 is a pitiful wet fart that you'll resolve in months, not years.

Funny story about that...

So, General Order Eleven is issued and every free slave who wants a rifle can have one. The South is BTFO because in addition to facing a superior foe in the Union Army, they're also fighting a massive chain of slave rebellions hundreds of miles behind the front.

Lincoln hears this and orders the slaves disarmed, the union army to withdraw, and the slaves marched to the rebel lines in chains under a flag of peace.

Half of the slaves in America die. This is basically the Civil War in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

poo poo, guess I was wrong.

There were though, numerous occasions on which slaves were returned and killed. I remember that very clearly from an old book with marbled pages.
e:it just occurred to me that marbled pages do not historic accuracy make holy poo poo I think I owned myself

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 19, 2018

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Space rangers style text adventures whenever election season or other, similarly important events occur.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

What's HoI3s tutorial like?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Pylons posted:

Chris King is probably Game Director on Vicky 3, so I'm gonna guess it's not that. Could it be Paradox's WoD project?

Feels like it, but I have no idea what it'd be or how it'd play considering Altered State/Giants Upon The Earth/Sundered World are CofD and not WoD.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 14, 2018

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Did Imperator launch without magic?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

No, I meant magic, like fun events. It's a Paradox game set before CK2. Dionysus should be walking around the map like Bowser in SimCity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I think a fantasy GSG from Paradox needs to do what Stellaris refused to and smash everything as a normal part of play. Let it have phases of play that exist to generate the new state of play for the next round rather than to be won.

Character died? Yes, and? Of course they're walking around, they died a long time ago, that was like, three games in a series ago.