Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2 is too short, please somehow make the victorian era last longer next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I assume having a "democracies can start wars" option like in Darkest Hour wouldn't break the game.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
My hero, i hope he is in HoI IV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arne_Gauslaa

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
they should combine vic 2 pops with ck/rome dna and breeding

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I'm pretty sure Earth is split between the great powers Srbja and Old Great Bulgaria in the Stellaris timeline.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Westminster System posted:

Um, well, okay then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Alchenar posted:

Jokes about American states getting merged for gameplay reasons but I bet every fiord on the Swedish coast is lovingly represented.

Ahistorical Swedish fjords are in.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Excellent use of the puppet mechanic.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

TheMcD posted:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/677931688303976449

Oh my loving god it finally happened. FINALLY.

:boom:

I'm guessing this won't make it by christmas, but i'll consider it a christmas gift anyway.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2 was probably the last game i bought from a brick and mortar store, and it didn't even come with a steam key.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2: Victorian Space Race

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Gort posted:

In Victoria 2, do crises only target the player nation? It seems that every crisis that happens is "chunk off a bunch of the player empire" - I haven't seen one targeting an AI yet.

There's no bias against the player when it comes to developing crisis points afaik.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If you have been paying attention to how CK2 and EUIV expansions have been at launch, you should be worrying if they're back to their old tricks.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
All legitimate empires are in China. Stellaris should restore the Han.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Paradox AMA:

Please release the game, bye!

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Did that christmas vic 2 beta come with more bugs than it fixed, or should i install it?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I like playing as the Emperor in California, or convert to the Thelemic religion when the redcoats arrive or play as an Americanist elective president with the empires submod and recreate the USA.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
CK2 can't handle all the crap that's been added on to it. Would love to see how CK2 runs at version 1.0 compared to now.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
When you're done with the vanilla experience i recommend this, although the modding scene is pretty much dead now:

https://github.com/Victoria2CoE/concert-of-europe/tree/Development

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The current github of concert of europe isnt crashing for me and no major bugs

https://github.com/Victoria2CoE/concert-of-europe/commits/Development

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
EU4 seems like a minmaxing multiplayer game to me nowadays. I play these games to have fun immersing myself in alternate history, not creating the perfect strategy of working around game mechanics. It is my least favorite paradox for that reason.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I don't understand why the unexpected popularity of CK2 didn't make them make that in ancient times instead of another EU.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Huh... i could have sworn all the pictures had died together with waffleimages and this legendary LP was lost, but looking through it now it seems like everything is there. Did someone add all the pics again like i think was planned years ago or am i remembering everything wrong?

Good time to read it again for sure, thanks.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
And the original EU Rome had a huge focus on colonization to the point where most of france, germany and the balkans were represented as empty.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
My biggest disappointment is how little it matters whether communists or fascists govern your country, and how interactions between countries is just -200 +200 relations with no real effect.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
In the ledger there is a list of bloodlines, including dead ones. Would have been easier to check there.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Hopefully Imperator will let me kill all men as the Sarmatians.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Rome should have less manpower the bigger it gets though :D

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Fuligin posted:

At least 50% of the complaining and suggestions in paradox threads is from people with thousands of hours of playtime who mistake their own boredom for systemic flaws. This is not to say they are perfect games, obviously, but when you're seriously arguing for the total abstraction of warfare you might be better off sinking time into rad city builders like anno and banished, or proc gen sims like rimworld ir dwarf fortress, or supply chainers like factorio

Jokes on you. I already am :smuggo:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The problem is that losing the civil war means game over.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Does anyone know what the empty borderlands between France and Germany are about?

Aren't there people already living there who would resist a migration?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria 2 is unplayable nowadays because of both the military recruitment system and the province construction system.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
oh! I have preordered, but thought it was out in may. Thanks, installing now.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Why care about how many are actually playing when we all still bought the game hoping it will be good.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I mean, three kingdoms total war is a better map game than Imperator and includes battles so i'm not that interested in anything else right now. Depending on how field of glory empires turns out that's another game i'd rather play. Paradox might need to step up now that they have serious competition. Who was in charge for CK2?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Everything that is bad about paradox games is when they're trying to make a strategy game instead of a simulation :colbert:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
It's Victoria 2 that is not running well, not your PC.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Or you can dismantle their empire and enjoy the whole island being a revolving door of revolutions.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Vicky 3 will be terrible. Paradox doesn't know how to make games anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's funny you mention this because I always felt the weird framing of who exactly you were playing in Vicky 2 was a bit confusing. Like one of the classic strategies is to deliberately let communist rebels win because being communist gives you a command economy rather than needing to rely on whatever the hell capitalists want to build, but this seems like such an odd thing from a game design perspective - in order to get what you want, you need to deliberately lose.

Actually you want the capitalists to govern forever so you don't have to click a 1000 times for factories to be built.