Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Enjoy posted:

I guess no one ever played my modmod, I put events in for America in ~1920 to be hit by an invasion of Cthulhu worshippers (based on a Halloween event Paradox did) but no one ever commented about it :(

If you put it up somewhere other than the paradox forums you might have more luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Really, the superior game is Civ 2 by virtue of the advisor panel :love:

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So is anyone else excited for the new battle tech game?
It's got me positively moist

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Beefeater1980 posted:

As a (very) junior exec in a listed business, I was really impressed with the actual information / content in that podcast. There were real, even quite potentially controversial business questions tackled much more directly than is normal and as a result it felt very honest. It was a real reminder of how badly corporate communications are usually done.

I know a couple of pdx employees post here every once in a while. If you have any specific questions it doesn't hurt to ask!

(Also which podcast?)

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Senor Dog posted:

If you know something groogster you better spit it out right now

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Lum_ posted:

About the only time I saw that transition done well was the old Game Designers Workshop pen and paper RPGs where they did a futuristic game (2300 AD) which was on the same timeline as their post-apocalyptic war RPG (Twilight: 2000). Earth got better! (and considerably more French - mainly because the in-house game they played to game out the future history was "won" by the guy who was playing the French)

Holy poo poo I loved Twilight:2000! Do you have a link to this?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
After Paradox bought HBS, I think they should buy some more companies. Maybe Illwinter? Two scandinavian countries making spergy games, it's a match made in heaven. The dominions series could really use the paradox ™ touch!

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

DrSunshine posted:

Also, for laughs, post it in the "political maps" thread in D&D.

:shuckyes:

So I played Knights of Honor for the first time in a long time. It really doesn't hold up at all :(
I remember playing it as a kid, and not knowing you could speed it up, so I only played on 1x

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Unpopular opinion incoming

I think they should take CK3 back to the lame catholic monarchies only system. I’m hoping with the new engine they’ll have for CK3, they’ll be able to focus on creating a much more robust system. Then, they can do expansive dlc using the lessons from CK2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Nthing that anbennar rules. I'd easily put 20 hours into it over break and remained amazed by how ingenious and smooth the integration of DND and EU4 was.