Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm replaying HoI2/Armageddon and am I mis-remembering things, or is there no way to send already deployed units to the deployment pool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Speaking of Victoria, is 2 worth playing now? I remember when it first came out it was a typical paradox release with people saying to wait for patches/expansions.

I have fond memories of Victoria 1 since it was the first paradox grand strategy game that really clicked for me for some reason.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Enjoy posted:

Yeah on release it was real buggy but it's a solid game now. Even without mods.

Nice. I assume the content DLC (Heart of Darkness/House divided) is worth it too? And thanks!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

HOI4 is really fun if you want a 'conquer the world' simulator where you make decisions on how to direct your nation's industrial effort and manpower reserves into pulling off sicknasty army encirclements and destroy your enemy piecemeal.

It's really bad if you're looking for a realistic pre-Cold War world simulator where peace conferences make sense and there's a 'final state of the world' that could realistically happen.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I think I'm ready for Victoria 2. What are the good beginner nations to learn the ropes with?

I remember for the first game Brazil and Persia were good beginner and medium challenges, is it the same for 2?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How do I convert farmers to craftsmen in Victoria 2? I have so many empty factories even though my literacy rate is over %50.

e: Is using your national focus the only way to slowly convert them? I'd been using them to attract immigrants

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 19, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rynoto posted:

You can check the chances for promotion by hovering over the individual pops. The most important is definitely making sure all of their life needs are met though.

E: NF just increases the chances of promotion. If you have too many negatives for other reasons it'll do absolutely nothing.

You could also be experiencing demotions if all three tiers of needs aren't met in your craftsmen.

GrossMurpel posted:

Protip: Unless you modded it, the Encourage Immigration NF is completely worthless. It only makes pops within your country more likely to pick a province if they migrate, it doesn't affect immigrants from other countries.

Oh that explains a lot. Is there anything I can do to help pops meet their needs other than just reducing their tax rate as much as possible?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Victoria 2 problems:

I've played a couple games as Brazil, Argentina and Japan now and I keep running into the same problem: Getting sphere'd by one of the great powers before I can break into the G8 myself. Can't colonize and Can't expand through war. I can't get an alliance with any of the other great powers despite being at 200 relations either.

Am I just not progressing fast enough to break into the G8?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Earwicker posted:

Crusader Kings 3: Total War: Warhammer

Throw in Mount And Blade and you have my perfect game.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm unironically excited for this and I blame the Historia Civilis guy on youtube for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I like HOI4, but its almost the complete opposite of most Paradox games in that painting the entire world in your color is not only possible, but the best and least-rage inducing way to play the game.