Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

The tender hillside of Nolaisko sits on the border between the harsh rocky mountains of the Jaharod and the peaceful rolling valleys of Vercy. It is a quiet region, far enough away from the major trade routes to avoid attention but still close enough to civilization to avoid barbarism. The Laiskadun people are similarly peaceful - farmers and herders, mostly. They mistrust outsiders, since why would anyone want to be in the Valley except to cause trouble, but their piety tells them to accept strangers as if they were family, for not doing so would be even more shameful than whatever chaos the rest of the world would bring.
A few years ago, however, a convent of Arrentish nuns arrived, bringing with them their strange and foreign religions. The Sisters of Asi'ina didn't participate in the community's festivals or holidays, they believed the world was born from a seed rather than a sheep (heathens!), and the few times locals have tried to ask them for help they balked.
So when local children started disappearing from nearby villages with their bodies turning up near the nuns' homes, the townspeople very reasonably responded by burning the convent to the ground. The next day the mayor who made the decision woke up very dead, burned alive from the inside-out, with a strange symbol burned onto her chest.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

CURRENT PHASE: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) Absurd Revolver
2) Atomic Soda
3) Birdstrike
4) got some chores tonight (aka dongsbot)
5) Grandicap
6) JimsonTheBetrayer (aka Hieronymus Douche)
7) Jonathan Fisk (aka Tremendous Taste)
8) Max
9) Pinterest Mom
10) Propaganda Machine
11) Somberbrero
12) The Lord of Hats
13) The Ninth Layer
14) TMMadman
15) Tobbs Gnawed

Night 0: Varinn, Valorein, Mayor (town-aligned vigilante), died.
Day 1: Tobbs Gnawed, Azena, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: TMMadman, Tamotea, Deputy Mayor (town-aligned daykiller), died. Propaganda Machine, Irina, Miller (town-aligned sane cop), died.
Day 2: The town failed to execute anyone this day! SAD! Low energy!
Night 2: Jimsonthebetrayer, Ogi, Apothecary (town-aligned doctor), died. dongsbot, Beren, Village Elder (town-aligned naive cop), died. Max, Sister Artoa, Laiskadun Nun (mafia-aligned godfather), died.
Day 3: Atomic Soda, Sister Juliana, Faith Militant (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 3: Somberbrero, Gazta, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 4: Absurd Revolver, Jetzi, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: Birdstrike, Aza, Brewer (town-aligned faith healer), died.
Day 5: Tremendous Taste, Gari, Farmer (town-aligned vanilla), executed.

GAME OVER
MAFIA VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 15, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't doxx my tattoo, Ecco.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will play an ecco game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Of course I'll play Ecco.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I should stop signing up for games but here I am

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco I signed up to replace in your last game and you never asked me to replace :smith:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi, it's me, I want to play.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm scared of surprises but I will still play this thing

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
sign me up

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Sure

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey guys it's looking like there isn't a lot of interest for my game right now, so unless I get the rest of the signups by this time tomorrow I'm probably going to close the thread and try again later.

if that happens sorry and thanks for your time!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

hey guys it's looking like there isn't a lot of interest for my game right now, so unless I get the rest of the signups by this time tomorrow I'm probably going to close the thread and try again later.

if that happens sorry and thanks for your time!

Well if that does happen when you do try again, I hope you keep me on.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I'd really like to play, but I'm already in the Trojan War game and am wary of playing two at once.

Ecco, if you don't get the players you need and decide to put the game up again at a later time, I'd love to play then.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 4, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

FoxTerrier posted:

I'd really like to play, but I'm already in the Trojan War game and am wary of playing two at once.

Ecco, if you don't get the players you need and decide to put the game up again at a later time, I'd love to play then.

yeah I figured Busbamemnon is sucking up all the players, it's ok. I will send PMs to you and 100Yrs if and when I reopen the game!

Thanks anyway guys sorry it didn't get off the ground!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: WE RETURN FOR ROUND TWO :siren:

If you are a player who said they were interested in replaying the game once it opened up again, you get first dibs on a spot!

The new player count is 13.

Hooray!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey I'll play, but why was there a delay, if I can ask?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey I'll play, but why was there a delay, if I can ask?

EccoRaven posted:

yeah I figured Busbamemnon is sucking up all the players, it's ok.
it's like two posts above.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I meant after it ended.

No matter! Glad you're running it regardless.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I meant after it ended.

:effort:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hello?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like nuns.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I just realized if there are nuns does that mean that Catholicism is a thing in the Ecco verse or are these generic nuns following a fictional but all-powerful god (monotheistic) or are we talking more polytheistic?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll sign up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
:yeah:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sign me up but bump me if this gets full and Flying Leatherman or another new player wants my spot

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am at a loss as to what I should do here

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'd love to play if there's room!

e: aww thanks chaoslord

Also I have platinum and think I enabled PMs

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 13, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Same

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm overcommitted, sadly :(

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I'll play.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I did math wrong and didn't realize it filled up with Verr!

Hooray! Role PMs go out later this week idk when what am I a psychic

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

No but you're incredibly punctual.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I psychically received my role pm, what is a 'Hypercharger'? :iiam:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tremendous Taste is in the player list but his post was

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm overcommitted, sadly :(

So...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I knew I wasn't bad at math just reading!!

• Locked thread