Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
do you still need people? i'm pretty available after this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i like tight deadlines.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ecco...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

I'm writing them, "ecco fails to meet their own deadlines" is not a headline that pushes paper or shocks anyone's consciences.

e: woah something happened I really messed up somewhere I didn't count like two people or something INCLUDING YOU SOMBER OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

e2: ok I have taken care of it with an RNG, final player list is in the OP, thank you sorry for the issue ugh I am the worst mod sometimes ("only sometimes??" - u)

ecco why do you not set realistic goals for yourself?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

i for one welcome our new arrentish overlords

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
these witches poisoned my guts something fierce so i'll probably not be around a bunch today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote got some chores tonight

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Confirming my role!! RIP varinn.

we are richer for having lost him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
please just kill dongs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in general, gently caress that and i would be surprised if ecco allowed it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't want to deal with the signal to noise ratio again and bullying your mason is lovely.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
frankly i don't care if we turbo. sometimes dongs is funny but this is not one of those times. voting out grandi seems extra lovely. tobbs bias towards dongs here seems strange, i don't get how he's inferring alignment from most of these votes. i also don't buy that most turbo-dunks are scum-led, you need town support for a turbo and there's little incentive to throw yourself onto a bad flip if town is doing the work for you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

got some chores tonight posted:

this is the beginning of the somberbrero hedge posting

i'll put you in jail you trashcan man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you voting dongs if you don't want him to die

yeah same

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

OOT news: dongs sent me his long form role PM, which I don't trust implicitly, but has enough ecco nuggets in it to make me ##unvote

He still did it in a dicky way.

ugh grandi why'd you do me like this?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i mean lets be honest were just gonna lynch tobbs or more likely jimson d1

this is suspect. dongs is pushing two easy targets without actually buying into what he's saying.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The only time I don't seem like I'm scum is when I'm scum. I don't mind being a D1 target when I'm town, because I've got a lot less to lose.

Sure, I'd prefer not to get lynched because I'd rather we lynch someone who might be scum, but I'm not exactly shaking in my boots over here :)

I'd vote tobbs too.

bird is floating without actually commenting on anything going on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

I caught scum and everyone is ignoring me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you're voting pmach.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've seen town birdstrike play and he does tend to contribute more. Yeah he's posting but 90% of it is off-topic and meaningless.

are you a namechange? who are you? why is nearly every single point you make a meta-read?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote birdstrike

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ugh

##unvote
##vote birdstrike

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the way both dongs and birb are idly pushing an easy target like jimmy gives me the shivers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Propaganda Machine posted:

And I'm not an easy target. I'm a stupid target.

i don't think i said you were.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I Understand That I Need To Unvote Before I Revote, okay

This is some obnoxious bullshit.

##vote dongs

hey boys, can you explain to me how this is not referencing ecco's nonsense as opposed to dong? or how pmach's vote is any scummier than you think the dong votes are? or why dongs is definitely town?

if anything assuming dongs is town is far scummier, you'd only know that if you were scum.

bird's insistence on pushing jimson is bullshit and he keeps bringing it up. his case on pmach is garbage and has no basis in town thinking. kill him please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I replied to the joke vote accusation, but this last post is a retread without anything new to defend.

I appreciate the moxie, but there are better candidates today.

like grandi? why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

i'm pushing jimson so hard by... not voting him at all

so are you saying you would not want to lynch him now? contrary to your dozen or so posts on the subject previously?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

I want jimson to open his stupid goddamn cat game. How are you this thick?

you ignored the main thrust of my post, indicating you can't actually defend your pmach vote, and i don't buy that constantly bringing up an easy day 1 target like jimson is a Funny Joke, especially because it wasn't funny the first time, much less the fifth.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

For starters, I wonder why dongs was so insistent on getting a full role pm, so publicly.

Because dongs is a butthole?

go on, i guess.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
a pretty justifiable ad hom imo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I just like the attention

will you put down some reads?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
something Upsetting happened at work today and i don't know how invested i am right now

i think the tmm vote is dumb and that birdstrike is scum. tmm is constantly tilted.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

I could see bird since he's pretty much disappeared. What do you think about Taste?

Also, how about Max?

i don't have any real opinion on those two. leaning town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i mean it was literally framed by a third of the players of the game that i was definitely scum for publicly not trusting grandicap so i decided to take the plunge before the moron towns of this game lynched me

you were called out because you sat down at the table to play a game and then jumped across knocking off all the snacks while screaming and spitting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Why don't you give them a quick read and form an opinion? Especially on Max. I think Tobbs has made some excellent points regarding Max and people should be looking at that case.

because i'm more sure about birdstrike than i have been on a day 1 case in a long time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

For reference, here's the Tobbs main posts about Max.

wow, okay.

1. -4 is not especially scary

2. implying that a lurker is a better target than a player you think is scummy is ridiculous.

3. there were three hours and lots of posts inbetween max saying tobbs was town based on a meta read to scum based on a huge insane post explaining their move from one lurker to another.

4. lurker is always anti-town but says nothing about alignment

5. tobbs says he's moving his vote to candidates that will work, not the candidates he believes in. then he calls max out for moving his vote to lynch leaders?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Thanks. So you think Tobbs comes off looking worse for making that case? You still leaning town for Max?

i see tobbs as wrong town and yeah, i still lean town on max. i think it'd be easy to confuse tobb's alignment as his logic is deeply unconventional.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lurking is alignment neutral. town and scum alike do it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

Obvs pmom trying to help somber get a wagon together on me is anti-town.

I dare you to explain how that makes sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

Trying to dunk town is anti-town

lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

the difference is that somber was dropped as a child disposing him to an irrational hatred of me inconsistent with typical scum play.

pmom lurked like mh370 and has done nothing apart from try and ride somber's coattails in an attempt to mislynch me. if you can't see that's scummy why are you even playing mafia lol

you've still never responded to my points on pmach. pmach was referencing ecco's unvote clause, not dongs bullshit. dongs was/is being obnoxious and several others voted for him in addition to pmach. i would still vote him. he sucks. you instead chose to engage my point about you softly pushing an easy day 1 target like jimson, showing that you both read and acknowledged the post without ever being able to explain yourself. picking apart perceived weak points is classic scum behavior, showing engagement while avoiding actual content.

lurking is not always scum behavior. you can't call pmom out for lurking AND for putting down a vote. pmom is right, you're throwing a lot out and very little of it makes sense. if we weren't distracted by what may or may not have happened in ferngully or who is actually fleeing a hurricane or whether grandi was unjustified in clearing it with ecco before he sent dongs his full role pm, to which dongs responded at first with a partial role pm, you'd be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sweet lady ecco put a vig in my hand i will take this burden from us all.

• Locked thread