Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi, it's me, I want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I shouldn't sign up for this but I will only because it's been a long time coming for this particular game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

E-Talking.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

im an unconfirmed mason and i am town so i will ##vote grandicap

:eyepop:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Whatever works.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Masonry's are wasted on people that don't want to be in them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, hats is in this game ##vote Hats

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lets all celebrate the fact that this game which was a year in the making has finally begun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I made a pie just for this occasion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

i'm pink

wait

You can be pink in this game if you want.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Good to have you back, Max, you dirty lying Arsonist.

##vote Max

This is a filthy twisting of events. It was you that has been gone. I never said any such thing about leaving permanently. Any claims otherwise are being made by enemies.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqpnrDdTlhg

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This actually is actively not fun to read.

##unvote
##vote dongsbutt

Last time I saw an unconfirmed masonry get blown up by one of its members day 1 in thread, it turned out the scum had done it so that he wouldn't have to bother with a separate convo. I can't remember what game that was but Quid was the town member of that pairing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TBH demanding to see someone's PM is pretty lovely and close to bending the rules in a way that is actively unfun so I understand where Grandi is coming from.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait is dongs at -3 already?

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you voting dongs if you don't want him to die

I do, just not this quickly. I already took part in one turbo in Kash's game, I've had my fill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think town Max knows Dongsbot's town game, and while it is annoying as hell it's a terrible reason to lynch dongs.

The reasons for Grandicap (potentially) being scum stand, especially the extremely angry and resentful response with very little pressure applied. However, that lack of pressure remains a barrier to lynching him, should I be correct in believing he's scum.

Max, on the other hand, is a very dangerous player to let be scummy in the long run, because his endgame is killer.

What are your reasons for wanting dongs dead, Max? Because he's playing in a manner that's annoying, despite you playing (and hosting) games where dongs was annoying town who pushed the boundaries of what game mechanics allow?

Scum scum scummy Max.

##unvote

##vote Max

This completely ignores the reason why I voted for him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Good whatever.

Tobbs, it's been too long buddy.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I called out Max because he's intelligent and experienced enough to pick up on those nuances. Instead, he jumped on a bandwagon without any reason besides (dongs is a rulebender). That's a scum vote, and this is scum Max getting caught.

This was not why I voted dongs, and it's funny that you are bringing it up again.

Max posted:

This actually is actively not fun to read.

##unvote
##vote dongsbutt

Last time I saw an unconfirmed masonry get blown up by one of its members day 1 in thread, it turned out the scum had done it so that he wouldn't have to bother with a separate convo. I can't remember what game that was but Quid was the town member of that pairing.

Comment on that and then feel free to vote me or not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm all ears.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, but is that scum behavior or dongs behavior?

I've actually never been in a game with scum dongs.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Great googly moogly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe I didn't describe it well. The person that outed the masonry last time ended up being scum.

Only they weren't dongs so didn't get a pile of votes for it. (I really wish I remembered which game this was.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

Standard form pregame time!

Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm," instead, type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Jamuraan, Tapata, Farmer (town-aligned farmer), was eaten by a bear night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

Why Tobbs, it's almost as if it's the standard Ecco vanilla roll.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is actually town tobbs in my mind, from what I remember in Ferngully.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I think this is the right vote.

##unvote
##vote Taste

Aside from "Taste is just being Taste" do you have anything to back this up? Because this seems like an easy vote to lay down without needing to explain it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

They are literally evacuating 2 million people from the south, that hurricane is no joke.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, I would completely ignore this game if that was my situation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not so sure. Scum Jimson is usually very efforty and while his last post was getting there he's been a bit 'meh' this game.

My picks are Max, PMOM, and AR. I'm playing with a lot of people with whom I haven't played before, but many of them are behaving fairly townie as far as I can read them. Dongs is acting really oddly so I'm on the fence there but I don't think he's scum.

Max is at least active, but his play is virtually identical to his Ferngully game where he was scum, and besides pegging dongs due to a read based mostly on setup spec and lovely behavior he's done practically nothing to scumhunt, only stepped in to defend other people.

PMOM is traveling until Friday. I've been traveling myself, but as town I've always found a couple minutes to check in, post reads, and throw down a vote. This lets PMOM conveniently skip the deadline and if they're scum, greatly increase the chances of a mislynch if we let it slide.

AR is definitely dealing with some nasty poo poo, but even before then he full-claimed vanilla immediately which doesn't help town at all. He did tell us he wouldn't be able to post much, but even when he was able to post he didn't comment on the game at all, making him another player who wants the deadline to come and go without being considered a target.

However, because of AR's bad situation (and the apparent empathy of other players) it's highly unlikely there will be any traction there, so we'll go with PMOM for now and see if Max can step up his game (though I'm pretty sure he's rolled scum again).

##unvote
##vote PMOM

"I'm not getting traction with someone who is barely around, so I'm going to move my vote on to someone who is also not around instead of going back to my vote on someone I clearly think is scum and is around."

This doesn't make sense and is beyond the pale, even for you.

##unvote
##vote Tobbs

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, you can at least bring something to the table and say "Well, PMOM saying they're traveling but still having time to throw down a iffy vote on birdstrike is at least scummy" but no, you just go straight for "He's not checking in, must be scum." WTF?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CANADIANS! That was the game with the masonry shenanigans.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hey Max, you hosted Drawrof mafia. Why no recognition whatsoever that PMOM lurked to victory in that game? Not even a hint that the same thing might be happening here?

I was drunk for most of that game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezS57OODKc

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hey Max, you hosted Drawrof mafia. Why no recognition whatsoever that PMOM lurked to victory in that game? Not even a hint that the same thing might be happening here?

Oh wait, to come back to this:

Did Pmom actually do the thing where he said "I won't be around"? I thought he just kinda lurked a little and no one called him on it.

You're doing this obnoxious thing where you are focusing on two people who aren't around that have actually said they won't be around. Not people that are just silently sitting in the background without notice. It'd be one thing if PMom had actually just said nothing and was lurking, but that's not the case here.

I don't know why you moved on to Pmom instead of me if you are so certain, and isn't really the way I remember you playing as town in fg.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Lol your floundering only makes me harder.

<vote tmm for a better tomorrow>

What will you give me if I do?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey Tobbs a few hours ago PMom was someone you really thought was scum, enough to drop a vote. What has pmom actually contributed at this point that has changed your mind?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Max, I've had interactions with other people to give me the impression that PMOM isn't scum. To come out and say why would be scummy.

To explain why you think pmom is no longer scum even though they've posted a grand total of two meaningless posts in between you thinking they were scum and then not would be scummy, got it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm

I'm in a masonry with *a person*. We both thought it was strange when dongs claimed right out of the gate, which is why I dropped that vote on him so early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ffffffff loving PREVIEW EDIT STRIKES AGAIN.

• Locked thread