Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Most blessed Mother of Dolphins, please allow me to partake in this most sinful of vices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Mod's gonna mod.

Also the last Ecco game D1 I was privy to had some pretty wild momentum shifts. The decision of which townie to mislynch should never be taken lightly.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

All days matter

:frogout:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Atomic Soda posted:

pmach i hope we on the same side this time.

dongs i didn't know you were a morrissey fan should we still call you dongs or lil' ecco?

I hope so too!

Unless you're scum.

You were nasty as :siren:FIRST GAME EVER:siren: town. You'd be downright deadly as scum.

EccoRaven posted:

you can call him "not in this game until he changes his name" imo

....oh.

Oh, my.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Taste your pokeymans is making me go squee

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I Understand That I Need To Unvote Before I Revote, okay

This is some obnoxious bullshit.

##vote dongs

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'll give it to you on the abridged confirmation, but I don't want to see 135 unread posts and have to wonder, "Is it game, or is it dongs?"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I guess I just don't understand why you'd poo poo up the thread with mason bullying when you can do it privately :shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

got some chores tonight posted:

hmmm you know who else would rather write in a doc than the thread...SCUM

If you're town in an unconfirmed masonry, you can bring sketchy behavior to the thread's attention without filling up a page of posting about it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dongs doesn't explicitly state what information he shared, but Grandicap was very resistant to sharing information. His assertion that it might be against the rules came across as an excuse to be secretive more than out of genuine concern for the rules.

There are also two empty votes on dongs, despite this looking like typical town dongsbot play (unless he's been changing it up).

So, there are a number of oddities.

1. Interrogating/pressuring people in unconfirmed masonries is good town play.
2. Dongsbot doing this to Grandicap has resulted in voting pressure on dongsbot.
3. Dongs is playing his typical town game.
4. Grandicap is hesitant to share information and was resistant to share info with dongs in the unconfirmed masonry.
5. Even if he did send dongs a role PM, fake role PMs are standard (and even provided by Ecco in the beginning).

There's at least a reasonable chance that Grandicap is scum.

##unvote

##vote Grandicap

This is reasonable. What does a dongs scum game look like, though?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

why say something once when you can say it 10 times

Because Atomic Soda is here to call you out on it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Grandicap posted:

What sketchy behavior. When dongs posted in thread there had been 0 out of thread communication at all. Even now, there has been no out of thread communication outside of the exchange of my PM and dongs' abridged claim. I demand to see his long-form birth certificate Role PM.

Pretty much!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

thats a lil taste of the ole jukebox for birbstrick

For crying out loud.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
At least he didn't do the rest of the song, I guess.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Grandicap posted:

OOT news: dongs sent me his long form role PM, which I don't trust implicitly, but has enough ecco nuggets in it to make me ##unvote

He still did it in a dicky way.

So you're actually a janitor, and he's actually a rolecop?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

I urge you to consider pmach for dunking, they opened with a joke vote on a big d1 target then tried to find reasons to justify the joke vote

classic scum strat

It wasn't a jokevote.

That said, I do buy that this is town dongs. Pages 4-5 were beyond annoying, but whatever.

And I've never been a mason outside of the ridiculous 10-person masonry in Fan Fiction, which was kind of a game of mafia I suppose. Point being, I have no idea what the unconfirmed masonry strategy should be, but I doubt what we just sat through was it.

##unvote

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm just not sure why he'd vote Max over Grandicap with that sort of explanation.

I wish Grandicap had addressed my point from earlier. According to dongs's claim, they've claimed to each other as janitor (G) and rolecop (dongs).

Of course, dongs might be full of it, but janitor is a pretty dang anti-town dude to leave around.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:neckbeard:

We'll kill some scum, we'll kill 'em good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, mild point miss soda:

Huge difference between jailer and janitor. In my view, jailer is neutralish (they can accidentally on purpose prevent either town or scum from doing their job), whereas janitor erases data. Meta changes with the winds, but the only decent argument for bullshit D1-style town lynches is info gathering, and if there's a janitor cleaning up night kills, we have SO much less to go on.

At this point I may as well, because I think it's the best vote today.

##vote grandicap

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Atomic Soda posted:

woops thanks pmach. i suppose i had a previous jailer on the mind and misread janitor as jailer :) i looked it up and it seems p anti town.

i think tobbs is a better vote at this stage, i saw you liked his post re: grandi but it felt stretched out to me. i was wondering why grandi over dongs like you voted before? i don't think grandi would seriously have claimed janitor to dongs, and doesn't really match the flavour stuff he posted earlier.

Ooooh girl, your thoughts are there...

but your grammar is not :smith:

I voted dongs for being incredibly obnoxious. Over the top obnoxious. I hope his mother is incredibly proud of him, but I do think he's town.

I've laid a vote down to make with the pressure; I really want G to respond to this whole janitor thing. If dongs feels like corroborating without spending 7 posts to perpetuate a dumb meme from Korea or Japan, that would obviously be appreciated.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Somberbrero posted:

are you a namechange? who are you? why is nearly every single point you make a meta-read?

That's Tremendous Taste.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And I'm not an easy target. I'm a stupid target.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Not tobbs gnawed!

Ack. pwned. I was going to make a comment about your TREMENDOUS TASTE in pokeymans.

You people.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We also haven't heard much from PMom.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok, I feel a little better about you Birdstrike, that's some solid justification and you're pushing for it.

Did pmachine respond to that accusation?

I replied to the joke vote accusation, but this last post is a retread without anything new to defend.

I appreciate the moxie, but there are better candidates today.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Somberbrero posted:

like grandi? why?

For starters, I wonder why dongs was so insistent on getting a full role pm, so publicly.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a much better question. All that poo poo could have gone down in the mason doc, which is part of why grandicap was so frustrated.

I guess, but when dongs fulfilled his end of the deal, Grandicap capitalized on the thread's sentiment with an ad hominem attack.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Somberbrero posted:

a pretty justifiable ad hom imo.

Considering you made the same one while i was drafting my post :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Aw, sorry. That was a bit glib of me, but I was also a bit too dead-tired to words properly last night.

Grandi is my strongest scum read right now. There are a couple of other people I'd be willing enough to vote for today (now excluding dongs, for what it's worth), but I'm not seeing anything terribly compelling.

Why are you voting for Tobbs? Let me go through the same post that pinged you.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dongs doesn't explicitly state what information he shared, but Grandicap was very resistant to sharing information. His assertion that it might be against the rules came across as an excuse to be secretive more than out of genuine concern for the rules.

There are also two empty votes on dongs, despite this looking like typical town dongsbot play (unless he's been changing it up).

So, there are a number of oddities.

1. Interrogating/pressuring people in unconfirmed masonries is good town play.
2. Dongsbot doing this to Grandicap has resulted in voting pressure on dongsbot.
3. Dongs is playing his typical town game.
4. Grandicap is hesitant to share information and was resistant to share info with dongs in the unconfirmed masonry.
5. Even if he did send dongs a role PM, fake role PMs are standard (and even provided by Ecco in the beginning).

There's at least a reasonable chance that Grandicap is scum.

##unvote

##vote Grandicap

Point 0 is what I tried to touch on earlier:

Propaganda Machine posted:

For starters, I wonder why dongs was so insistent on getting a full role pm, so publicly.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I guess, but when dongs fulfilled his end of the deal, Grandicap capitalized on the thread's sentiment with an ad hominem attack.

1 is debatable, but it's a valid enough opinion.

2 illustrates that whatever dongs did was a calculated gambit, and he pushed it regardless of the negative pressure. cf point 0

3 is unmistakably true. I think I asked about a scumdongs experience for reference, but nobody bit.

4 is valid, and then, even given the hesitation and foot-dragging, he did send dongs what he asked for.

With that in mind, regarding 5, it's clear that Grnadi didn't just send dongs the farmer PM; he flavorclaimed bard. So, he had enough time to adjust whatever role PM he was given, had he desired to do so.

I did raise my eyebrow when Tobbs landed on his vote for Max, which still sits there, but I get it. He's correct about the lack on momentum on Grandi, to my chagrin. It strikes me as a strong gutread though, and for a chaotic D1 that's acceptable enough behavior.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

You're loving stupid as poo poo. I did legitimately miss that post or I would have called you a dumb rear end for outing yourself in your first post.

I'll ##unvote you because I don't think scum would be so loving stupid as to claim doctor in their first post. But I'm going to call you a giant loving moron for claiming and putting town in a bad position based on setup spec.

This post reminds me of scum TMM in Canadians, in which his hostile/belligerent switch turned right on as soon as there was pressure on him.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

Ehhhhhhhh I can accept that from you but it will turn out to be wrong. I really hate this whole theory that if I don't come charging out of the gate then I must be scum.

I do think Jimson has a lovely case, and it's very effectively distracted people from scrutinizing him. Promising a read, not delivering and then voting for reasons like "he agreed with me on Murdercane" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I don't know why your spending all this time arguing with me

It was one short post, and that's your reaction? Cool story, bro.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What game was scum AS in? Her posting feels townie, here.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

OK I'm really starting to rethink my statement about not wanting to vote one of the unconfirmed masons. Dongs saying that I'm playing anti-town after all the poo poo he did earlier is complete loving bullshit. It's complete hypocrisy

Do it. I still think this is town dongs, but I'm not sure how much I should trust a traveling bard (Grandicap) when nuns from afar have been ransacking our fair village. Also, I think Dongs would call him out on it if that had been inaccurate.

Normally I'd agree with what somebody who's baselessly calling me scum will inevitably retort with, namely that flavor is a Bad Justification for a vote, but we have a lot more to go on than a normal d1. Also, Ecco game. Also also, he strongly resisted forking over the role pm at first and did it anyway. That tells me he didn't want to and relented after loving with it, leaving just enough Ecco nuggets from the original for dongs to buy it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

someone doing something flagrantly outside the norms of accepted mafia behaviour d1 is the easiest thing for scum to come in and make easy cases on. I don't know if dongs is town, but in red smash soldiers PBS vigged gulag and the debate became whether or not to dunk PBS rather than who is a scum

pmach's entry into the game was the same, it's a nice low effort intro for scum to look like they're contributing

Yeah, and I've been actually playing since then. Voting for me because you think I was annoying for being annoyed by dongs and his poo poo-tier behavior is bad game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I strongly suspect that one of the masons is scum, and based on the other game I played with dongs this is consistent with his town game. Grandicap has been fairly lurky and I haven't loved his posting anyway.

It's my strongest read. I think some of the other cases are reasonable; is be okay dunking, say, birdstrike or Max, but I'd rather put the masonry stuff to bed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Do we have an example of scum dongs? Did we already and I missed it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah. I asked about scum AS because she was called out as one of the Tobbs votes, so, like, okay, is there literally anything else to go on with her? Because I don't think there is. I also agree that the lurker votes on Tobbs are sus, and I could see scum hopping onto that bandwagon on the presumption that lurkers gonna lurk, so hey, free votes going onto the townie.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There's a LOT of references to AS in Pmachine's posts, which is strange given that AS is barely posting this game.

It does seem like some forced scum on scum interaction (including some light jibes), but I'll keep reading.

This is fair enough. The last Ecco game I played in I was scum and it's was AS's first shot at SA mafia. She was the only person who had seriously fishy feelings about me, especially towards the end. We wanted to let her live at first to be nice and let her have fun (I always got lynched D1/D2 as a newbie and it made me not want to play), but towards the end, she was too correct about things not to nightkill.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##vote tobbs
This is a serious vote.

Votecount says you should unvote to make that one stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand the last sentence here

If lurkers are voting somebody the scum knows to be town, that's two people towards a bandwagon mislynch that you don't need to work on to get the votes.

• Locked thread