Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

FrensaGeran posted:

When Tandy said "I can't say it so I'll sing it" I fast forwarded 30 seconds and don't regret it.
Society has broken down, there are no laws and no consequences... someone should just kill this guy.

This is something I shouldn't even be thinking about small guest roles, much less ten times per episode about the lead character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Phenotype posted:

Is that true, by the way? A few years after a supervirus or zombie apocalypse or whatever, all the old power plants will turn America into a radioactive wasteland?

Why do I see that touched on so rarely in apocalyptic fiction?
If the plants were going to go supercritical, they most likely would have done so immediately. There's no reason for them to be stable for years and then suddenly meltdown. In addition, the map they showed for nuclear plant locations is hilariously inaccurate. Here's where they really are:

They did mention the map was from the 80s, but the only plant around LA was at San Onofre (closed 2013), and shouldn't have set off the Geiger counter.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That time skip was such a lazy slap in the face, they really should have devoted at least five loving minutes to an actual resolution for Melissa and Jasper's issues.

Helllllll no. The Melissa plot was insufferable, and the kid not talking was already wearing thin. I'm glad they just pulled the ripcord on those, even if it was just being lazy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

PostNouveau posted:

Helllllll no. The Melissa plot was insufferable, and the kid not talking was already wearing thin. I'm glad they just pulled the ripcord on those, even if it was just being lazy.

I agree because I was tired of the plot device but I wonder why they did it the way they did. They spent sooooo much time on it holy poo poo, did they just realize there was no way out doing it the right way?

I loved these last 2 episodes, especially the ending of the finale that was hilarious.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PostNouveau posted:

I agree that it was awful, but pulling the ripcord robs you of at least a one-episode b-plot that could have made the past 10+ episodes amount to something. Instead, you have 3/4 of a season with a running plotline that goes nowhere and gets conveniently hand-waved in time for the finale. It makes the whole season worse, because what the gently caress was the point of that plotline in the first place?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I agree that it was awful, but pulling the ripcord robs you of at least a one-episode b-plot that could have made the past 10+ episodes amount to something. Instead, you have 3/4 of a season with a running plotline that goes nowhere and gets conveniently hand-waved in time for the finale. It makes the whole season worse, because what the gently caress was the point of that plotline in the first place?

Yeah, I just don't think they could unwind it. They got to such a serious place that they couldn't just go like "OK she got better in like two weeks of being medicated" so it would have hung around into next season.

They coulda got the kid talking in an episode but god it would have been a whole episode of Tandy singing him stupid songs or Carol making scrapbooks of famous speakers.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ardlen posted:

If the plants were going to go supercritical, they most likely would have done so immediately. There's no reason for them to be stable for years and then suddenly meltdown. In addition, the map they showed for nuclear plant locations is hilariously inaccurate. Here's where they really are:

They did mention the map was from the 80s, but the only plant around LA was at San Onofre (closed 2013), and shouldn't have set off the Geiger counter.

maybe there was a cat litter factory nearby.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The one thing I thought was a little cute was that when they were evacuating, Todd took the time to vacuum up and label Lewis's ashes. But then I remembered the time skip, and realized everybody had just left his ashes to sit there for seven months :(.

And the part where Tandy came back with the washcloth, I said 'Oh God, he's gonna be in blackface' (I was like, one degree off).

Though I got through this season, I don't know if I got it in me to ever watch it again. I like the other characters, but I'm just getting too increasingly irritated by Tandy and Carol (even if their antics are the 'point' of this show).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I think the problem is that Tandy and Carol are so similar. You can have one of those characters on your show, but not two. Just have Forte scale back his unfunny bullshit, Schaal's better at it anyway.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just have Forte scale back his unfunny bullshit, Schaal's better at it anyway.

Outside of literally the first episode, this is the only thing he's ever been in the entire show though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Outside of literally the first episode, this is the only thing he's ever been in the entire show though.

Seems like the answer is to kill him off then :getin:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Could do an entire season of him being slowly tortured to death what no I'm not bitter why do you ask

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This show is the only one I watch that makes me feel like I wasted my time. I don't have super high standards, and half the time I'm checking emails or making breakfast while watching it. It still feels like I should be using anything else as background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Renewed!

• Locked thread