Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I liked the Big Show stuff from Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

triplexpac posted:

Yeah putting New Day and Cena all at the start was a bold move, considering they don't really have anything else interesting going on.

Also putting the Diva Revolution talking segment on at the top of the hour... I'll be very interested in the rating this week

its gonna be poo poo m8

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Ulty posted:

Reigns/Wyatt at HiaC, then Reigns/Ambrose/Orton/??? vs. Wyatts (+ Rowan?) in a Survivor Series Match. I'd be down for that.

That's definitely what my first thought was (including a returning Rowan) but A) no loving clue who the fourth face would be (Cesaro was my instinct though) and B) that'd mean another non-blowoff HiaC which...ugh.

mclast posted:

Reigns/Wyatt, and face Dean vs. tweener Orton.

Would also be down for this but only with these alignments. Orton needs to be heel more than Dean does.

I could also see Roman/Bray at HiaC just being a street fight or something and not a HiaC to make Brock/Taker stand out more but I'd love to see Roman and Bray in the cell.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i was sick as heck with a fever and couldnt watch RAW at all, was there anything good about it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

i was sick as heck with a fever and couldnt watch RAW at all, was there anything good about it

Depends on how the following sentences make you feel:

-Kane literally snapped a broken leg/ankle back into place like Jason Vorhees after entering an ambulance as Corporate Kane and, seconds later, emerging as THEDEMONKANE
-Reigns and Wyatt beat the piss out of each other to a stalemate but a massive pop to end RAW

If you like these statements, yes.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Do you like MizTV + The Diva's Revolution™

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Depends on how the following sentences make you feel:

-Kane literally snapped a broken leg/ankle back into place like Jason Vorhees after entering an ambulance as Corporate Kane and, seconds later, emerging as THEDEMONKANE
-Reigns and Wyatt beat the piss out of each other to a stalemate but a massive pop to end RAW

If you like these statements, yes.

those both sound enjoyable. i wish i wasnt cheap and would shell out the extra 8$ a month for a DVR

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Sockser posted:

I like when New Day opens the show because it means I can stop watching at 845.

New Day responding to the challenge: very good
John Cena deciding this was Extremely Serious Time: not good
New Day being dismissed from ringside: bad

KANE: extremely good

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

MotU posted:

those both sound enjoyable. i wish i wasnt cheap and would shell out the extra 8$ a month for a DVR

Dude I put off subscribing to the WWE network for NINE NINETY NINE forever, until I figured I could just not drink for 1 day out of the month and have hours more enjoyment. If a drat DVR is only $8 a month more, you definitely need one, period!

Also watch RAW live, it's a lot funner that way :)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Striking Yak posted:

New Day responding to the challenge: very good
John Cena deciding this was Extremely Serious Time: not good

Cena can't out-funny New Day, so I'm glad he played the serious role. I mean, Cena was taking this challenge seriously and Xavier hung with him for a while, that's pretty cool.

Plus Cena is taking a title seriously for once, after years of us bitching about him laughing off losing world title matches.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

Cena can't out-funny New Day, so I'm glad he played the serious role. I mean, Cena was taking this challenge seriously and Xavier hung with him for a while, that's pretty cool.

Plus Cena is taking a title seriously for once, after years of us bitching about him laughing off losing world title matches.

I would just like to know what it's building to though. If it's just another way to get Cena over I'm going to be annoyed. If you give the win to a guy who needs it though that would be cool.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

eljackass posted:

Dude I put off subscribing to the WWE network for NINE NINETY NINE forever, until I figured I could just not drink for 1 day out of the month and have hours more enjoyment. If a drat DVR is only $8 a month more, you definitely need one, period!

Also watch RAW live, it's a lot funner that way :)

i always do but i was layed out w/ a fever so

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Also get ready for the return of pink middle rope month.

I think you mean 'Let's Fellate A Terrible Charity That Doesn't Actually Do Anything For A Month' Month.

Luigi Thirty posted:

People were sending Renee death threats on Instagram a while back on any picture of her in public with anyone other than Dean.

And also for being with Dean, because in their delusional minds it's totally possible to slash fanfic a stranger into loving you.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
http://nodq.com/wwe/445566014.shtml

quote:

Monday's episode of RAW averaged 3.3 million viewers, down from the 3.349 million average from last week.

The first hour averaged 3.476 million viewers, 3.326 million viewers the second and the final hour of the show averaged 3.188 million viewers.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WE NEED MORE CENA

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
its extremely good watching their flailing attempts to boost ratings and their utter failure to do so

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
'watch' in the sense that i'm not actually watching the show i mean

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

WE NEED MORE CENA

Interestingly, the ratings did the exact same thing last week when Cena was in the main event. Did they specifically move Cena to the opener to make him look better?

maybe

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Their attempts to boost ratings is a Kane main event angle.

Honestly I'm shocked it isn't working :ohdear:

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
what was Bray's initial reason for attacking Roman? Was it some residual rage form the rivalry with the shield? Or was it something dumb, awful, spooky and vague?

Either way, I don't care how good any of the in ring action is (and I don't think it's really been all that engaging), I just cannot bring myself to care for a second about that feud and I want it to end almost as badly as I want the Ziggler Rusev feud to end.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wrestling is so hot these days

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

what was Bray's initial reason for attacking Roman? Was it some residual rage form the rivalry with the shield? Or was it something dumb, awful, spooky and vague?

Every Bray feud since... well just every Bray feud.

Wanna go back and look through all of Bray's feuds, I mean Bray's second feud was with Kofi.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Why watch RAW weekly when you can read threads about it and news articles about it then only watch PPVs?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

@thewadekeller posted:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SylvainMustach posted:

Bray Wyatt is the ISEC.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

SSW probably gets a higher rating than that

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SylvainMustach posted:

Either way, I don't care how good any of the in ring action is (and I don't think it's really been all that engaging), I just cannot bring myself to care for a second about that feud and I want it to end almost as badly as I want the Ziggler Rusev feud to end.

smark avatar saying "anybody but you"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If the 2.33 rating is correct, then this is the lowest rated non-holiday Raw since October 27th 1997 which drew a 2.3.

e: wrong date

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 29, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I for one am shocked that a wrestling show built around an HR evaluation angle didn't put butts in seats

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't know how ANYBODY can care about Reigns boring predictable never-ending Wyatt feud or anything involving Kane in the main event. Yeah some segments are funny but it's still terrible TV and the match won't be good. I def don't care about Brock/Taker 3 I'd rather see them both go against somebody else.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

I for one am shocked that a wrestling show built around an HR evaluation angle didn't put butts in seats

tickets were sold already before the HR thing was known about.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

SylvainMustach posted:

Bray was pissed Roman beat him in a MitB qualifying match.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dsriggs posted:

If the 2.33 rating is correct, then this is the lowest rated non-holiday Raw since October 27th 1997 which drew a 2.3.

e: wrong date

Vince saving those ratings, can't wait to see what he does now to double down.

Horrible Taste posted:

Bray was pissed Roman beat him in a MitB qualifying match.

Also cause Roman had a daughter or something.

Feud is about how big and strong Broom Sanchez is now right?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

triplexpac posted:

John Cena hasn't lost clean on raw since 2009, none of these defenses mean anything

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So apparently "Ashley from HR" is actually WWE's HR director. That's pretty cool.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

John Cena hasn't lost clean on raw since 2009, none of these defenses mean anything

Yes he did.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

RBX posted:

I don't know how ANYBODY can care about Reigns boring predictable never-ending Wyatt feud or anything involving Kane in the main event. Yeah some segments are funny but it's still terrible TV and the match won't be good. I def don't care about Brock/Taker 3 I'd rather see them both go against somebody else.

This whole Brock/Taker thing has been weird and I sort of wish they had just wrapped this up at SummerSlam, but I'm kinda glad they're both freed up for WrestleMania by having the blowoff at Hell in a Cell. Even if that is weird too.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

So apparently "Ashley from HR" is actually WWE's HR director. That's pretty cool.

I wish Rusev's lawyer were actually Rusev's lawyer.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
New Day had the most viewers. Make New Day the top heels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SylvainMustach posted:

There's actually more substance to it than most of Bray's feuds. Bray saw Roman becoming the next big hero and wanted to put a stop to it. The feud has brought up continuity from the Wyatts/Shield feud but rarely. It's more about Bray seeing what Cena did to him last year, and now considers the would-be Cena 2.0 a threat.

• Locked thread