Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Jst0rm posted:

wait so why is ds banned from reddit if that poo poo is allowed?

Reddit has always been filled with garbagemen, you should've seen the folks coming out of the woodwork to cry foul about ~*MY FREE SPEECH*~ when some goons had the audacity to say that hey maybe /r/jailbait is not an okay thing to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
hail (a jpg of) satan

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

OOH IM BEING QUOTED

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Yeah, I'm not really looking for posts by people who are still active in this thread.

So far I see Kakarot, 3, Raskolnikov, Unfunny Poster, Skoll, Octopode and Beer pop up a lot in that thread circa 2013

It was a more innocent time

Man, I remember just being excited to have some kind of creative outlet. The first piece of art I did regarding SC was appropriately enough about the irrational exuberance of goons spending money on a spaceship jpeg that didn't even have a jpeg yet.

Also me, two years ago to the day:

3 posted:

Alpha probably won't hit until next year, but the Dogfighting Module is slated for November and it should give players a chance to actually fly around in their hard earned spaceboats so watch out for that.

:cripes:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

That means polish the mizzen mast, and proceed to the poop deck and arm the stern lazor ballistas duuh. consult page 9 of the operations guide

:ssh: reddit has eyes everywhere, pls don't reveal the wu-tang secretclassified operations documents

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Holy gently caress these last few pages are some dees illustration next-level poo poo :psypop:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Marauder posted:

these might be good if they didn't insinuate that space doritos is actually good
There are also gold spaceships

except you can actually fly these because Elite is a game that is good and real.

:eyepop:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
This thing I did a while back seems relevant again

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

Can someone recommend actual good space adventure media? Like novels

Iain Banks' Culture series is cool and good.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I liked that Space is White thread someone posted earlier. I learned that the world is 90% white so it's ok for the game to be so. Also that minorities can't afford pcs to play star citizen anyway so why represent them at all.

kill whitey

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

quote:

Asians don't tend to bitch about diversity so obviously it's unnatural to jump towards them when this subject comes out. That said, the differences between asians and whites aren't very pronounced and sure as hell not that easy to mimic in video games. How do you know there weren't a dozen asians in the morrow tour? Or in bishop's speech as senators? Does a character have to have a -_- face and speak in cliche'd engrish for you to count them as asian?

lmao has this guy literally never seen an asian person in real life

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
someone help, i can't tell if these are white people or asian people, it's very confusing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgfsIm8ukkI

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

:pusheen:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Berious posted:

Star Citizen loving sucks!

whoa

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

G0RF posted:

best i could do on short notice...

Just noticed the grenade in the crest :golfclap:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Cool, so what is some of you guys favourite things about gaming or space?

both of those are my favorite things to begin with

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

When you think about it we are in space and I like us

aw thx bro :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Rebel Galaxy is a cool and fun space game that actually exists.

I met the Rebel Galaxy devs at PAX South this year and they were swell guys. I gave them a Goonrathi/TCAP Joint Operations Handbook and they gave me a t-shirt.

• Locked thread