Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
"There is always more, and it is always worse."

As it was foretold, so has it come to pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
But I, being spoor, have only my space dreams
I have spread my space dreams under your space feet
Space tread softly, because you space tread on my space dreams

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Excellent use of Gordon Lightfoot :golfclap:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

4,000 new posts in just a few days. :psypop:

I have given up trying to keep up with this thread. I am but a mortal man, not some beer-worshipping space Ork. Someone please summarize the last 100 pages, tia.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

The house of cards is about to fall.

The house of cards has been "about to fall" for the last year and a half. :colbert:

Or is there ACTUALLY a dick wolf, this time?

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

This has got me thinking now and I have a Samsung phone and laptop as well.
This is hosed up

peter gabriel: Samsung Citizen

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who dropped $10,000 on this ~~game~~, emptying out 401k's, using student loans for it, etc.

I was excited about this when it was first announced, too, but I still don't feel sorry for anyone who would spend $10k on a video game and neither should you.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

:10bux: says the ship name Beer posted was a red herring, made on the assumption that goons would immediately ruin everything and obfuscated just enough to make it believable. Meanwhile, he and D-Smizzle are sitting safely on the REAL name, and will tweet/post it right as the presentation starts and it's too late for CIG to do anything about it.

Much, much funnier that way.

peter gabriel posted:

I wish Samsung made cigars :(

peter gabriel: Cigar Citizen

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Kazy posted:

Oh hey apparently the Digital Scout LTI someone gifted me 2 years ago is worth like $120.

LOL people are still buying this stuff on Reddit? I had written my copy of the game off as a loss. Time to go make some beer money back.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was one email away from refunding my account but I posted a Pricecheck instead and quickly emailed like no don't refund me when someone offered $400 for my account

I just saw your reddit thread, lol. The last time I sold stuff on the gray market, I got enough of a markup to pretty much break even overall despite still having some stuff left in my hangar. Now this has me wondering what the going premium for a Veteran Backer account is, these days...

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Zero because Seraph is just the alt of someone who has been here for a very long time.

The only entertainment value in this shtick is that it is vaguely amusing that you think you're fooling anyone.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

What if I'm fooling you about trying to fool anyone?

What if we're ALL seraph, and we've just fooled ourself(ves) into THINKING we're separate people?

... What if this entire thread only exists inside seraph's mind?! :magical:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

imo this is much funnier than that pube talk from yesterday

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

VenusRedux posted:

E:D went down. What is life?

Also this:

Future looks grim, you all.

There's also a station in E:D named after Ridley Scott that sells a rare good called "leathery eggs".

:stare:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

Refund issued, I'm completely free of this poo poo.

e: gonna blow half of it on warhams.

:stonklol:

I was considering going for the refund on what I have left, but I decided to test the reddit waters first. My inbox is blowing the gently caress up. I had no idea the gray market was still this active.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

People in this thread going nuts over how reasonable it is for a business to have a commercial-grade coffee maker, when everybody knows game devs run on Red Bull and Perky Jerky :coolbert:

Ed.: THEY GOT RID OF COOLBERT?! There is no justice in this world!!!

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It does hurt. I took it very hard when they fired James, and frankly I allowed myself to care about this too much. Star Citizen is not my life. I have a great job that's fulfilling and interesting, I love my family, and I have numerous other interests and hobbies. But SC was special. It was unique and exciting, and it was cool to see things grow and learn about development. I feel like part of that is gone now.

:smith: I had to tab out of Awful. and go watch some zefrank videos on YouTube to cheer myself up after reading this.

:glomp: Beer

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Never not remind people that shankerz is legitimately a terrible person IRL

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Look at it this way, at least when you can post on the forums again the game might be out.

I think we need at least two or three more people to make this same joke.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

I honestly can't decide whether I should take the offer I have on my account now, before CitCon, or hold out for the inevitable hype spike among the Faithful Citizens afterwards.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

KiddieGrinder posted:

Can we get a "how to sell your account on the grey market" in the OP?

It's the same as selling sheeps, only you put [black market] in the title of your post along with the [wts] :shrug:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Darkpriest667 posted:

In a twist of fate, today is world mental health day.

You made a good post.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

4,000 new posts in one day :psypop:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Today I learned that DSmizzle had good taste in furniture.

I wish I had good furniture. Pilot training is goddamn expensive.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

I'm posting from thirteen hours in the past.

Because holy gently caress I will never catch up to this thread god drat

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

I know that one of the flight suits that features prominently in some of the early trailers comes from a NASA test "biosuit" for next-generation EVA equipment.

It was particularly noticeable, because they wholesale lifted the design without realizing what it's for. Those lines that loop around the body are lines of tension. and wherever they connect, that's a place where you can attach hard components such as an exoskeleton, life support, carrying rigging, or body armor, without the fear of interfering with mobility.

Thank you for sharing this, this was a legitimately cool anecdote that I did not know. Also a pretty stick burn on the concept artists, but I'm more interested in the trivia tbh

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I have no frame of reference. What is that .jpgs?

It would depend on the particular jpg, of course, but you could easily convert many of these into "this jpeg costs 3-4 flight hours in a Cessna". Plus cost of instructor, that's easily half a jpeg to a jpeg - or several really gourmet burgs - an hour.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

So, just to clarify, it's okay to mention the number of pages added overnight and ask for a recap? And it's okay to boggle at the number of posts in a short period, as long as you use a hilarious form of curse in the process? And it's okay to :psypop: at the number of posts as long as you don't ask for a recap as well wait no nvm that's what I got probated for, but some people didn't?

I just want to make sure I understand so I don't get probed again :ohdear: Help me, Kewpuh, you're my only hope...

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Also I keep seeing people asking why do spaceships need swing wings and turbine thrusters in zero gravity... and as much as I hate to actually side with Croberts about literally anything at this point, this one is really easily hand-waved away by saying "because they can also fly in atmosphere too."

C'mon, goons, really? I mean, yeah, PHYSICS, but it's sci-fi for gently caress's sake. You might as well ask why an X-Wing has wings. There are so many better things to criticize Star Citizen for.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Friendly Tumour posted:

The cool rule kewpuh spends the majority of his moderation time enforcing is good and extremely clear and you'rt a retard if you don't get it.

Yeah but you got probated for the same thing, soooooooooo

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Thirsty Dog posted:

Look, the Brown Sea doesn't need proof of a working game, so we don't need proof of mafia involvement

:vince: Holy poo poo

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Annnd there's the PayPal confirmation. Add me to the list of the Emancipated. I've now got every penny I ever put into this game back, plus about $300 or so on top of that.
:boom:
Reddit > Refund. If people want to keep paying for the dream, let 'em.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

So, im getting a space game itch, i have ED which i played for 10 minutes total

So, about halfway through experiencing the available content, then.

Don't get me wrong, Elite has a lot of potential and I'm definitely going to give it another go once they've fleshed it out more, but right now it's got about as much depth as a kiddie pool.

It is, however, an actual game that you can play, so there's that to say for it at least.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

AP posted:

So if all the Illfonic work on the FPS did mostly get wasted, at least they did drew some inspiration from their interaction with CIG and did something with the money.

One unexpectedly depressing aspect of Illfonic's part in this drama is how much it now reminds me of what happened when Gearbox outsourced the completion of A:CM to a third-party. There was so much dev work - engine code, levels, and other assets - that got left on the cutting room floor when the project was transferred.

I'm a huge "Aliens" nerd, and I actually got to work on that project in a small way (did some promotional work on that title for Sega which led to Gearbox asking me to mocap for them), and I'm still butthurt about what happened. Even the in-development poo poo I saw at Gearbox was better than what shipped. :smith:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

BluestreakBTHR posted:

This reminds me of the time I smashed Randy Pitchford on twitter for DNF, [some other game I forget], and Aliens: CM.
Apparently, I got under his skin, because he blocked me.
I'm 2 for 2!

Smash Pitchford all you want. The entire A:CM dev team was doing backflips they were so excited about that project (Brian Burleson, the Exec Producer, actually went and bought himself a set of colonial marine armor and a pulse rifle)... and then the board shitcanned it when they realized they didn't have the manpower to make it AND Borderlands 2 simultaneously.

There's some real irony to an Aliens game getting hosed because Corporate Bastards screwed everyone over, lol.

Full Metal Boxers fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 15, 2015

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Wulfling posted:

I remember the initial annoucement articles for that game way back when. I was beyond stoked for it. What shipped didn't look anything like what they had originally envisioned. loving WeyYu. Gearbox.

I played dev builds of that game. gently caress what you read on Kotaku, GBX was making a really good product until it got outsourced.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Wulfling posted:

Yes, Yes they were. gently caress Kotaku, I'm talking about the original announcement articles they did with Game Informer, what seemed like a decade before the game actually came out. loving hate that they couldn't have shipped that.

PM me sometime so I don't derail any further. I can tell you all about it.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Seraph banned again
Derek Smart brings comedy
SC thread, best thread

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Ninety-two million
For mocap and space go-karts:
BDSSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

Thank you, Chris Roberts
And you, cultists, for funding
My Surface Pro 4

• Locked thread