Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
The king is dead.

Long live the king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Dude, when you first came here two or three threads ago and said "Don't worry-- I got this", I chuckled and shrugged it off as idle talk.

But you really got this.

The blind squirrel finally found a nut.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

has the black employee been fired yet

Worse. He's now a regular feature on every one of their shows.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

:perfect:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I know this thread is currently a hugbox/hatebox for how laughably incompetent CIG are (which they clearly demonstrate every day now), but this doesn't strike me as particularly wrong. I sure hell wouldn't disclose the financial workings of my company to anyone but competent accountants and the board/CFO, outside what is required by law for various things of course. Least of all to customers who don't understand the most basic stuff that goes into the product I'm making. There would be no end to the armchair developers and producers, who would be outraged that not more money is going into developing furry technologies or asking why I'm paying my VP of markting a gazillion dollars, when it's clearly a women and stuff like that.

But if you're given a bunch of money in expectation of a product and consistently fail to deliver said product, it's not out of the question to ask where that money has gone.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

4th comment posted:

You're not adding to the conversation, your bullshit isn't neutral, it didn't help, get lost you bottom feeder!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

jpgs sold for $100s

Oh? Discounts?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

If you'd done 5 secs of looking at the launcher settings you'd see you can limit the bandwidth download speed.

Why would anyone want to download 50+ GB to run a lovely Crysis mod?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish that if they were going to smugly say something it would at least make sense.

It's hard to type coherently when you're blinded by rage and cheetoh dust

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

madcow posted:

It is interesting to watch how many goons deride people who back Star Citizen as some kind of lemmings and yet accept the words that come out of Derek Smart's mouth and and a handful "anonymous sources", who may or may not have been fired, as some kind of gospel truth.

Yes, because those sources have been pretty drat accurate thus far.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

What are rules 3, 9, and 11 again?

quote:

3. No trolling. Do not post messages specifically intended to get a rise out of others. We know there's an impulse to do it, but it doesn't contribute to the community, it tears it down. Your responsibility as early pledgers is to help form a great community, not to endlessly frustrate those who come later. Included, but not limited to:

• Do not create avatars and signatures intended to bait, defame, ridicule, insult or otherwise mess with other users.
• Parody at the expense of other users is forbidden. Do not copy other users profiles or organizations.
• “Hit lists” of users you intend to attack in the finished game are absolutely forbidden (and generally a ridiculous concept.) The sort of “forum PVP” that exists elsewhere will not be tolerated here. Our forums exist to gather feedback, promote discussion and build the community; general forum bullying directly countermands these goals.
• Starting threads on controversial topics simply to generate an argument is forbidden. (“HEY EVERYBODY PVP RULES AND PVE DROOLS!”)
• Posting to another guild’s recruiting thread in order to harass them is forbidden. Guild recruiting threads are for guild members and those interested in joining, not for fights between guilds.
• Users may NOT post in yellow, orange, or purple text; impersonating a moderator or an employee of CIG is grounds for an immediate ban.
• Should a moderator edit your post, do not remove those edits or notes.

quote:

9. Contribute. We want to hear from you. Some of the best ideas come from the unlikeliest thoughts, so if you have something to add stand up and say it! Remember, the purpose of the Star Citizen community is to help the development team create the best possible game. We love posts that help us build our world and hate ones that waste our time by involving CIG staff in unnecessary drama, moderation oversight or rumor mongering.

quote:

11.Please also note that these rules are guidelines for good behavior and not an immutable codex defining what you can and cannot do. If your idea of a good time is to find ways to troll the forums without technically breaking one of these rules, know that you will still be banned. “But I’m not technically poking you!” is not cause for the nuanced legal debate you’re imagining.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

madcow posted:

Yeah? Which ones? I must have missed them.

All the firings that have been predicted and come to pass aren't enough?

Go ahead and add 800-273-8255 to your phone now, please :ohdear: you'll need it later

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Someone explain to me how disgruntled employees and a large game having a long development time can result in 240 pages of whatever in a little over a week.

burgers taste good

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I like that I got a shorter probation for making GBS threads up that thread and calling for refunds and insulting the mods for a few hours than Beer did for posting an SHA hash of their next ship name

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

Currently on stage 3 of the refund process. I cited the Endeavor posts as the specific press articles that prompted my decision since they're basically scopecreep.html. Got a response from a real person not long after asking for my PayPal info and expected refund. I made my initial request on October 1st and my ticket number is in the 134k's.

Thanks for this, I just updated my request originally sent in on the 25th and that's in the 133s.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

I don't know if it helps, but I was only in for $80.

It doesn't matter, all refunds should be given the same priority and be going by the number. I have yet to receive any notification that they've even seen my ticket beyond Sandi confirming that I wanted the account closed, which means that they're now ignoring my ticket.

Which means it's time to call my bank, a lawyer, and/or the FTC.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

lolwat?! They loving banned you for threatening to issue a chargeback?

Any other company and those would be unrelated. Over at the brown sea, though, Shitloaf's minions ban for any reason they feel like.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Hamburger Test posted:

See, this is what happens because Chris Roberts insists on excellence.

I'd rather he insist on a game

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cancelled my refund request and bought the completionist package

Thanks for showing me the light, brother

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Perma'ed for posting from an alt.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Schnabel posted:

huh? why cant you get the rest back? delivered physical goods or something?

This, so hard. If you have ships on your account that could be melted for store credit and they close your account, they're basically stealing from you at this point.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gerbil_Pen posted:

did she say her account was closed?

No, but the majority of refund messages from CIG posted here and elsewhere go over the fact that the account will be closed. Hers may be a special case.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

You can't melt a ship on someone else's account.

I'm just going off of what I have read them say so far. This sounds like it's getting kind of complicated!

Do they like, take the gift ship off of the other person's account with no warning or something?

None of this should matter. If you have a "total spent" amount greater than the value of the digital items in your hangar, you should be able to get a full refund of everything still in your hangar. To refund any less and to close the account as they seem to insist on doing is literally theft.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

New CCU system is up. It's done in leterally the worst way.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51&sort=store&search=&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

Why they couldn't have a simple page with 2 lists I don't know?

Every time they add a ship, they have to add CCU items to and from that ship to and from every other ship :psyduck:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Just search "Hornet."

It is madness.

Now the site is down. They obviously thought this through.

No wonder their database charges $5 per change.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

CIG Careers posted:

I like working at CIG because I get to make spaceships fly without risking people's lives (hopefully) or possibly damaging billions of dollars’ worth of hardware.
--John Pritchett, Senior Physics Engineer, Cultist

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches.

Expect this to change in two weeks.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So I guess probated accounts can still post here

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I just tried to post there and I can't.

Weird. I just went through and posted a bunch of bug fixes on some older issues people were reporting.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's a lot to hate, but I think most of all I hate the color palette. I'm not a trained artist by any means but it's hard to imagine trained artists signing off on the most horribly drab, gray, lifeless, generic space station imaginable in year of our lord 2015

Trained artists are the $150m stretch goal.

What's important is that Charmin Roberts signed off on it, right after he chose the laces on the boots.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

question. why are dumb people excited about a crappy FPS section when THE MAIN GAME, THE loving SPACE COMBAT doesn't even exist or function?!

beggars can't be choosers

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

kordansk posted:

Right after he wiped his rear end with it.

:thejoke:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Michymech posted:

You couldnt even last a whole week without your stupid gimkic falling apart :allears:

I wonder how many 12-year-olds can verify the accuracy of his avatar, the sick gently caress

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Bill Zabub is the reason Scientologists believe in Xenu.

He's where the dollar bill got its name.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

I think what actually happened was that Sandi tried to script her own passion play where she'd have tears, say she had to leave because she was attacked, and the audience would rise up and chant no, then Chris was supposed to walk in, deliver the line he gave of "you dont have to leave" and then Erin would come in with the flowers, so she could have a big dramatic change of heart but Erin moved in too soon and hosed the whole thing up.

Seriously. Deconstruct what happened and what people had to know in advance, and there is no way that went the way she wanted to or was it intended to be anything other than having the community beg her to stay in order to vindicate her against the rumors.

This implies that they have flowers at every single public event just in case Sandi decides to have a breakdown. That's pretty stupid.

So, yeah, I could buy CIG doing that.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shala posted:

and then I was like "Billy why you stirrin those coals with your dick?" and he was all "To show that pussy Octopode he's not no real SC backer" and I was like "drat Billy that's harsh"

Bill Zabub is the one that originally had the idea for the iPhone. He tried to sell it to Blackberry, but they just laughed at him. So he gave it to Steve Jobs instead.

The rest is history.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Crow_Robot posted:

Am I alone in not liking space sims, by the way?

I think the SC footage looks boring but I think that whole genre is boring.
You're in the wrong place, then. I think most of us are here, either for or against the odds of CIG ever releasing a game, are fans of the genre and were excited to see another one be announced. Keep in mind, this was before Elite: Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Enemy Starfighter, and all the rest have come out/been announced.

Edit: Yes, space sims are by definition boring. The best one, TIE Fighter, was single-player only and had a decently immersive story. But if you plop a bunch of players out in random spots in space, they'll die of old age before they find anything interesting, which seems to be ED's problem.

Crow_Robot posted:

I'm curious though, is there anything about the SC footage so far that makes it look like a 'bad game'?

The biggest complaint against the footage is that it doesn't accurately represent what they should have been able to accomplish with $90 million. There are both much older AAA games and newer indie titles that blow it away. Where has the money gone?

Crow_Robot posted:

Also those ships are ridic expensive but will there be a way to obtain them purely through in game play?

Supposedly, yes.

Variable 5 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 11, 2015

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

So I have an incredibly dumb loving question.

What was the point of building a MoCap studio in Austin if they were going to pay out the loving nose to use Imaginarium's anyway.

Have you seen Brewster's Millions?

Same deal.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Furious Mittens posted:

Exactly. But everything about the true believers in this project (Reddit/Brown Sea) just defies even the most basic elements of logic and reasoning. At this point, CRoberts could tell the whales that their ships are going to be available to the public for free and they would probably applaud it, even though they dropped tens of thousands on obtaining it - all because the vision.

This is why LTI should have been such a big deal. Make it so that you could never lose a ship that you paid cash for, and make it super expensive to insure a ship you acquired in-game. Then gradually raise the price of the ships to reward the original backers.

Then keep selling ships on the cash shop after the game is launched, still with LTI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

stop posting

• Locked thread