Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

What's this talk about a live stream? I thought the con was to start tomorrow https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14986-CitizenCon-2015-Event-Details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I hope somebody has been compiling all the amazing stuff that's come out of this thread. In a year or two it will be great to look back through the ashes and see how it led to that point.

I missed the last 24 hours. What are the highlights of ConCitizen?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

SOMA is pretty good. About the other games (Rainbox Six, Assassins Creed, Star Citizen) I can only speculate.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Double post

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Imagine four game modules tech demos on the edge of a cliff. Say the tech demo nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of tech demos and takes the place of the first tech demo. The formerly first tech demo becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Star Citizen development works the same way.

That's the best metaphor for the development process i've seen so far.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

D_Smart posted:

ps: In case you were wondering wtf that was about, read this blog and this article about my encounter with Ms Randi Harper.

Derek Smart posted:

No reasonable person would believe that I could possibly ever be attracted to Ms Harper. Let alone get to the point of discussing marriage.

That's a rock solid defense right there

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkov8jfzpU

"Not available anymore because of a copyright complain from Derek Smart."

Using the old copyright claim trick to remove an unwanted video from the internet always strikes me as a douchey move, regardless if somebody is in the right or wrong. It's a douchey move that nobody should pull during an argument.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

They literally released more jpegs to show that the other jpegs are doing fine.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I cannot, due to licensing restrictions.

Then give us something else to click on.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man people are really pissed off about that open letter to Sandi.

Post it - thread is hard to follow

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hello Sandi,

Since you were kind enough to reveal that you do, indeed, read these forums (or have a menial do it instead of actually getting work done for the project we've paid them for) I'd like to share my thoughts on this whole debacle with you. First of all I would like to congratulate you on the enormity of your success. Some people like to denigrate your role in this project and don't give you the respect you deserve as one of the driving forces behind the most successful crowd funding project on the planet. That's unfair. You deserve full recognition for the marketing and implementation of the project. You deserve full recognition for managing to bring in tens of millions of dollars by marketing a dream and managing the message in such a fashion that, even to this day, backers are eager to throw money at you. You deserve full recognition for getting people to invest not only their funds, but also their hearts, even when doing so comes at a personal cost. Chris may have made people believe, but you gave them a means of demonstrating their faith. I hope that, for all long as people remember Star Citizen, they remember your name.

You deserve all that recognition, because you deserve the responsibility for all the consequences should you fail. All of the love and adoration your efforts have brought about, all that money that backers have given your company in good faith, all of that is your responsibility. If that love turns to hate, if all of that energy and enthusiasm turns from cheering you on to cursing your name, understand that it is because of your machinations. I hope you can comprehend the enormity of the risk you are taking here, that you truly respect the power you have over the hearts and minds of people who believe in Star Citizen and what it means. I hope you understand just how immersed and dedicated your backers are in the success of this effort, and the consequences of that faith should everything collapse. I hope you understand that people could kill themselves over this.

This isn't a joke. This isn't a personal attack. This is a belief I have personally held for years now. People have the same level of faith in your husband and Star Citizen that others do in religions. There is an extremity in belief among the most hardcore backers that can be compared to a cult. Those types of people do not respond well to massive disruptions such as if Cloud Imperium Games were to go bankrupt. I didn't post that suicide hotline number on the front page because I thought it was funny, I posted it there because I am genuinely worried about people killing themselves. You should be too.

I am lazy and so are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Derek Smart posted a screenshot of a forum he posted on that looked like a car forum and the guy's sig has some old 2006 as his daily driver. You'd think someone so financially stable working in the bustling big business world of Alaska would be able to drive something a little more nice if he is dropping G's on Fart Shitizen.

[ MY OTHER RIDE IS SPACESHIP ]

• Locked thread