Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Okay, so for someone who dips into these threads every now and then to see a trainwreck, has anything at all actually been released? I keep seeing talk about modules--is there at least a basic flying-around or dogfighting module that's been released, even as an alpha or beta?

Also, what on earth makes game development hemorrhage money? After you've sorted out your engine and licensing and hiring, isn't it just a matter of paying your people their salary for an extra year or two? That latest ship sale alone paid for another year of a mid-level artist or programmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What is the actual, ingame economy supposed to be? LOL there will never be an ingame okay, but I don't understand how the game is supposed to work in terms of actually buying ships. It looks like there are some cheaper ships on their store -- one for 20, one for 35, a few for 50-75 bucks -- but then everything else, including all the fighting ships, are $125+. Do they expect anyone who wants to play the game to regularly drop over a hundred bucks cash for a new ship? How much ingame currency are they going to cost, if people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for the better models? I've played some F2P games before, like League of Legends, and usually grinding up enough ingame currency to let you buy a $10 hero will take you a month of play. Is there just going to be a horrific, year-long grind whenever you want a new ship, or are people spending hundreds of dollars for ships new players will easily be able to buy for ingame money after playing the game for a few weeks?

• Locked thread