Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Shala posted:

IDK what that is but it sounds pretty fuckin weeabooish so I don't care anymore.

oh sure, a good product by a Japanese company is weabooish, just like the Sony PlayStation 4, which I bet you don't have, opting for the Microsoft Xbox One even though it has the wrong kind of RAM :rolleyes:

fly away troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Shala posted:

I do own an Xbone and no PS4.

Checkmate, overly serious guy.

where do you post that what i wrote isn't clearly a joke

*looks at forum*

oh

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
he likes it, op

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
someone stepping into a religious institution for the first time in their life would be less confused by all the ritual and beliefs than someone with normal brains being introduced to the concept and success of star citizens funding campaign

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
body and blood of Christ? Sure why not, now what the heck is this about 1300 dollar jpegs??

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

peter gabriel posted:

There's a Star Man waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us with a jpeg we can buy

had to phone someone so I picked on you
hey that's far out, you got an idris too?
no I'm not doing anything this weekend how bout you?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Potato Salad posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Derek, LET OUR GOONS GET REFUNDS BEFORE YOU OPEN THE FAUCET.

lol if you don't think the brown sea hasn't already peeped all threads and whined to any power that would listen about goons scamming for refunds

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Don't you have to be a Goon to view the Games forum?

I believe the pay wall is down right now

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

KiddieGrinder posted:

Ok, this is for all the whiners out there that keep thinking this game is Pay to Win or somehow they wont be able to compete with other players in the game because they couldn’t buy a big ship. Look, this is a crowd funded game right? Ok, you understand that. Now, think guys…… would this game be as big as it is if the BACKERS with money didn’t pledge a larger amount than you? Of course not, because of the BACKERS with the cash, YOU get to benefit from their success by having a better game that costs less than the average game!! Instead of complaining about the BACKERS with money, you should thank them. “I want to say THANK YOU backers (all backers) for helping CIG to build one Badass game” Back to what I was saying. Now, you can get the same ship in-game that they spent REAL money to get. As for Pay to Win, lets see, what do the BACKERS with big ships win? A planet? Nope, your hangar? Nope, so what do they win? Nothing! The game is an OPEN SANDBOX, that means you set your own goals, it’s about your imagination, you want to have a big ship, be a trader of some kind and earn your in-game money to buy your BIG ship. You want to explore, go do it, plenty of starter ships that are under the average cost of a store bought game. Look, P2W is just another way for people to whine about other players having a big ship(s). The big ships in the game is one of the reason its letting CIG build YOU and I a bigger and better game. I’m confused as to why that is a bad thing for some of you, didn’t you pledge to play this game? If you did, you just hit the jackpot, look at what you can get for $30.00 or worse case scenario you spent $60.00. So, stop complaining and enjoy the game when it comes out and tell your friends that you were part of it, you helped fund and in turn, helped build the most awesome Space Game ever!
P.S. I plan on spending a lot of time in my Reliant making runs, then switching to a bigger ship to spend some time with my friends exploring!!! See you in the verse and make it your own!!

i will brutally destroy the first person that says it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
these threads are haunted by the spirits of restless space ghosts

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

honestly it's incredible to me he came across as level headed as he has been, considering he's apparently in bed with... Unseemly characters

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Hopper posted:

Are all spaceship games scams?

Are all spaceship fans more likely to be lonely IT workers with deece five figgy salaries and no family or other meaningful hobbies to spend their money on and suffer a near perverse desire to be taken advantage of?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I just read the escapist article and hahaha

I remember everyone thinking jeez why is derek focusing on sandi so much

not only is she apparently the worst but she was also the perfect thread to tug

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Iron Tusk posted:

Regardless of any other truths, this is probably true.

why would gamergaters necessarily side with dsmart AGAINST cig? aren't they all pc master race TRU GAMER types?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
also I'm calling it now, no backer is gonna commit suicide over this

if events in their life led them to become this invested in something this dumb, it's just going to be another disappointment in a long, long line of them

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Steve2911 posted:

And no one has ever killed themselves after a long line of disappointments?

the human mind is pretty good at dealing with them yeah

remind me again how many people killed themselves during all the Bitcoin crashes and hacks

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sarsapariller posted:

The suicide aspect and any speculation/enthusiasm towards same is really creepy. It's a video game, y'all.

I'm fighting for life

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

lmao if you think I didn't know this and lmao if you can't tell the difference between someone like that and the masses of investors

are you sure you know how suicide works?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

that's about ashley Madison

but if your point is that people are more likely to kill themselves when they feel like they've let everyone down and are terribly ashamed, feel like a burden or a bad person, feel worthless, clinically depressed, or any combination therein then yeah I agree with you

that's the distinction I'm making. those people felt trapped and publicly humiliated. Bitcoin and starship investors will just lose money, which is embarrassing but not nearly on the same sociological level.

put it this way, if God forbid anything happens to anyone over this, it's exponentially more likely it's going to be a community figure

I'm embarrassed about how long this tangent has gone on so you can get a reply in but after that I suggest we drop it

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sardonik posted:

I think we can definitively say now that Doobie's was more of a restaurant than star citizen was a game.

another project goons pushed to the brink of ruin with over support leading to feature creep

and both companies are pretty racist

the parallels are shocking

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Irrational Man posted:

yeah Im sure all this Sandi hate is coming from the egalitarian goodness of people's hearts

lmao if you think society's desire to tear into people when there's blood in the water is smaller than their tendencies to be misogynistic

get the gently caress out of here you sad brained twerp

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Irrational Man posted:

If you're really interested in learning, check out Anita Sarkeesian's series on women in gaming to see how sexism is rampant in the culture and industry.

I feel ashamed for temporarily falling for this troll

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Haha there's a guy in this thread who's one of those "Forbes lets anyone post on their site, it doesn't mean anything!" dudes.

Even the Forbes blogs go through the Forbes editorial process, and the same 2 or 3 freelancers have been writing for and getting paid by Forbes for years.

that's as may be, but I'm a fan of the forbes blogs are bad and poorly written meme, which is appropriate here because the blog was just a repost and also poorly written

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

peter gabriel posted:

you have bamboozled me and I surrender, well played

can't bamboozle the willing

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

terrorist ambulance posted:

someone please explain in plain no-meme no-irony english what is happening thanks

you're a lazy piece of crap is what's happening pal

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

DancingShade posted:

Autism mostly.

ah, the gbs 'tism meme

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Onmi posted:

Okay no, I'm actually jumping in and stopping this one. That's not what Sad Puppies was about and that's definitely not what Rabid Puppies was about.

So the short of it is Sad puppies came about because sci-fi writers noticed that, wait for it, it didn't really matter what you wrote, if you weren't in the clique, you wouldn't get an award. The idea was never to win an award or to stop others from winning. It was to prove that the presumed most prestigious award in sci-fi writing didn't actually consider your quality, just your politics.

As of the last Hugo's, before it, there had been 5, "No Awards" that had ever been awarded in the existence of the awards. This number doubled in one night, because 5 of them had only puppies nominees, these people nominated were men, women, varying politics, doesn't matter what they believed they were nominated for their quality. Which, for the record, is something that had been done for years in awards circles. It was not, as people would have you believe, something unprecedented and designed to kick the women and the gays out of the community.

The Sad Puppies existed to prove that if push came to shove, it didn't matter how good you are, only your politics, at the end of the night, they were proven 100% correct. They would rather deny a wonderful female editor that was well respected an award, then have someone not in the clique win. They burned down their own club house and called it a victory.

Vox is for Rabid Puppies, while the Sad Puppies just wants to point out the inherent cliquishness and see it gone, Rabid Puppies sees the awards as beyond saving and just wants to burn it down. Vox has a lot of politics and policies I personally don't agree with. But do not misrepresent what it was actually about.

I actually get loving annoyed with this, because I do write SF and Fantasy, so I'm actually aware of the poo poo that goes on. And I get really loving angry when people who don't know poo poo flap their gums and run their mouths about poo poo they have no clue about.

so your one paragraph summation.

Vox is a SF author with some pretty wonky politics who hates the inherent cliquishness of the SF community and wants to burn it to the ground so something new can be built. He wants to Senator Armstrong it. I don't personally agree with him on a lot of things, including that, but it has nothing to do about sci-fi with gays or women.

EDIT: and just for clarification, I don't vote at the Hugo's and I don't support either campaign, partially because I'm very lazy and partially because I just don't tend to enjoy conflict with people. I do like to keep myself informed of things going on in the community though.

the teens choice awards of genre fiction is shaping up to be a monster

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

AP posted:

I didn't know and would like to offer my sincere apologies, there was something about SF writers having lots of dogs too, but I didn't understand it.

as someone who also does their utmost to stay out of the retarded culture wars of the day, it's really fascinating to me when stuff like this happens

like there's this whole other stupid world out there, just beneath the surface..like a spooky ghost

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
holy poo poo, wearing a snapback indoors...this guys the real deal...

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

now that's paper

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
so just to be perfectly clear

this is the first time anyone's seen that guy?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

sorla78 posted:

I just have this feeling that either Chris R or Sandra R might crack on stage during their Citizencon presentation. You know just like in them movies, something will go wrong, he tries way too hard, he will rage on and curse like a loving seaman and insult the backers live on stream.

Can't we crowdfund a trip for Derek Smart to Manchester - let's smuggle him in and see them clash against each other - live.

Move over #black lives matter, here's an instance of someone of color yelling at a white dude on stage that we can ALL be happy about

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Spaced God posted:

Why does this seem like that tour will be preempted by a meeting/email saying something like "IF YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT US YOU WILL BE KILLED?"

Can't wait for Space Hanoi Jane.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Madcosby posted:

it's just so hard to communicate with people in this thread. everyone tends to act like they were above whatever embarrassment SC brings out all along. You all wanted refunds all along. You all knew no game was coming out all along. You all made money selling ships.

they're the ones invested enough to actually spend time looking at this stuff so they can post the juicy bits here

if we shamed them all away the only ones left would be members of space court and a few random weirdos

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
madcosby is actually mad that people are getting scammed and he can't laugh about it

he's a good man, and he's my friend

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

redwalrus posted:

I defer to the CIG recommendation of a nutritious chug of your own fluids to sustain you through the read.

nsfw:

he's clearly not drinking out of that :milk:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
why is there a picture out there of sandi, apparently wearing no clothes, swaddled with a star citizen flag

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
between this, their Rome fetish, and her accidentally singing the nazi Germany national anthem, she is starting to come as less of a crypto-fascist and more of a fascist-fascist

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

peter gabriel posted:

It can get busy I know, life gets in the way. It was only a gentle bit of fun I like your site and look forward to hearing your show.
How does one listen on one's desktop IBM compatible computer?

Do you have an adapter for the .dell plugins? Otherwise the drivers won't flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
*a child withdrawing his gnarled hand from the exploding machinery at the exploding machine factory*

it's gotta get worse before it gets better

• Locked thread