Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I forgot all about this game, but I remembered I have an LTI 315p from back when the hype train was going full speed. I sent a PM to Kane on Reddit, because gently caress this noise. I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Don't bother asking RSI for a refund, go straight to your bank and start the charge-back process.

edit: if doing a charge-back first requires you to exhaust your options with the vendor, do the bare minimum.

Bitch, I'm selling this poo poo for a profit. :cmon:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

Only if you add milk. Sandi hates it black.

:boom:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Truga posted:

Holy poo poo. Also, this reminded me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDZtt0vWD8

You posted the wrong one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paMantiqs54

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The annoying thing about them spending all their time on that is it's already a solved problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal_container

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Just a quick reminder that Chris Roberts doesn't understand how space works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I know it won't happen because CRoberts won't leave the safety of the brown sea, but God, if you make him show up and throw down with Smart ITT, I'll start going back to church. :toxx:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Roflan posted:

:aaa: Richard Garriot looks exactly like my deadbeat uncle...

Has your deadbeat uncle been to space? If so, I have some interesting news for you.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kordansk posted:

Yeah, I don't have pity for him. He brought this upon himself. Had they bothered to develop the skeleton of the original game and then iterated more out over months/years nobody would care if he never got it all done. The fact that they can't be hosed to even do that at this point is pretty damning, and his willingness to continue to sell more jpegs to fund his ridiculous idea just seals the deal in terms of his mindset. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of 'yes' people, he doesn't understand how development works, he doesn't have a real producer on the project that can actually reign in the stupidity, and he keeps selling jpegs to fund even more stupid ideas.

This is completely impossible when you keep throwing out and redoing all your work every few months.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ravane posted:

Welcome Redditor to SomethingAwful. LowTax thanks you for paying your :10bux:.

You will find no karma here, but if you'd like to find out what's wrong with us goons: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lxb34/not_sure_of_the_reddiquette_on_this/cva7idg?context=3

I suppose you could just ask us. Fellow goons, what's wrong with us? Are we blind to the beauty of star citizen in its current alpha state? Did you not see amazing technique that is grabby hands, where a person could flip a coin (only if that coin's diameter is as large as his thumb)!!! Did you not see the star citizen cliimb the ladder so perfectly? Not even Link for Ocarina of Time could climb that well (he always had terrible posture). Tell me goons, what's wrong with us. Why are we not seeing Star Citizen for what it is? Is it not Martin Luther King who expounds upon having a dream that millions of Americans wished to invest in and make true? Is Christ Roberts not doing the exact same thing, but with Star Citizen?

Stop it. You look like an idiot.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dante80 posted:

You would do well as a Community Manager. Especially if you also leaked the main branch by accident.

I was going to make the comment that someone like a Community Manager would never have access to anything that wasn't public knowledge. But then I remembered what company we're talking about.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I think I'm personally fond of the 49 million stretch goal being a space bonsai tree that you can look at in game.
Follow that up at 50 million was three complete alien languages.

I'm upset that the game doesn't make you tend to the bonsai tree. There should be in depth mechanics for trimming and watering the tree.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

(SHA256 hash that can be easily decrypted)

It's $175.

You know SHA256 hash rainbow tables exist, right?

Hell, you can just pop that into Google, and one comes up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

Won't the brown sea try and crack this?

You don't have to. Google it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

We have a winner.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's a quantity of fucks I'm willing to allocate. That quantity was exhausted in finding a SHA-256 calculator in the first place.

You could have just put like a period at the end or something. Or made it "The name of the ship is Vindicator."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Again. Quantity of fucks.

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what this was supposed to accomplish anyways? "I found out the name of your new ship before it was revealed! Bow down to the genius of DSmart!"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

treizebee posted:

Well this vindicates my pledge

You're a page late. Cat's out of the bag.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Validates the authenticity of his sources.

No, it validates that he got one piece of information that is under much less security than something like financials. Getting a modeler drunk and having him talk about how he's working on the new ship for CitCon doesn't mean everything else you're saying isn't made up.

Not that I don't believe he's right, but come on. This was hardly a genius plan.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Even if that's not the name (And I don't think they'd change it. That's just stupid), the meltdown over this is going to be hilarious to watch.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KM Scorchio posted:

How did it take reddit 12 mins to crack that dastardly code? The first result when you google the thing gives you the name. :psyduck:

It's loving Reddit.

Should have posted a picture of the actual ship instead. That would have ruined CRs day.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

What did I miss? Did Dr Smart call a ship out by name like Beer predicted to validate his sources?

Did that actually happen?

Yes. But I'm not telling you what it is. :colbert:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

Ben has a Dick but was eaten by a Gator?

No, Grandpa. I told you to wear your drat hearing aids!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

They're too busy snorting coke off of a hooker's tits to care. Like I said, it proves nothing substantial.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

You're the only person holding it to the standard of validating everything Smart has claimed. It would show he has internal information about the citizencon reveal. Nothing more nothing less.

I'm not holding it to any standard. I'm just pointing out that him having internal information about the reveal doesn't hurt CIG in any way. Actually, this will probably just drum up more press for them that doesn't involve CR writing legal threats, which can only be a good thing. I don't see what incentive they have to change it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thatguy posted:

What time does CitCon officially start? Would it be too early for pizza and popcorn?

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/citcon-europe-2015-tickets-16266887699

Last month.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

Knowing CIG, it would take them two weeks to change the name of the ship on their slides, so yeah, I doubt that they will change it.

And the website, and their email blasts, and maybe even the assets.

You know if they tried they would miss one. Somewhere in the source code of the website would be a reference to it. And the spergs would find it. They always do.

Just coming out and saying "yeah you were right" looks less bad than if they did a half-assed attempt at covering it up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Agrajag posted:

I want someone to explain this loving poo poo to me because I now feel retarded.

http://citconf.com/

quote:

What CI Tools can learn from the Rubber Chicken

I don't know, but it sounds more well thought out than SC. :spergin:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thatguy posted:

I would wear that shirt ironically.

Doing things ironically isn't cool anymore. It's all about New Sincerity now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm predicting that CitizenCon is going to be like one of those religious hate rallies where some televangelist (who's secretly snorting Coke off the back of an underaged male prostitute) just rants about everything from homosexuals to Hillary Clinton.

CR is going to snort coke off Sandy's tits on stage. And the crowd is going to cheer and give them all their money.

Kimsemus posted:

it helps prove that Dr. Smart has at least some level of credibility

No amount of insider information could ever prove this. It's Derek loving Smart (no offense, dude, but you're not exactly known for your legendary credibility).

Besides, if you haven't realized the painfully obvious yet, you're not going to.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 7, 2015

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Agrajag posted:

did you just say something about my mom? gently caress you mate!

Incombibulator posted:

Hey! She started it. Dressing all sexy n stuff.

Microwave? Is that you?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

1stGear posted:

Christ Roberts at CitizenCon posted:

Well guys, we really wanted to change the Vindicator's name but I think we need another 30, uh, 40k to do that. Its pretty expensive so if you just, yeah, yeah, just start throwing cash on the stage. That's good, that's good. In fact, yeah, like that guy's doing, just, just give me your wallets. Yeah, your wallets, perfect, that's great, yeah, everyone just hand over your wallets with any cash and, uh, any, uh, credit cards. Good, good. I'm so glad that you guys are, uh, dedicated. It's, it's inspiring. It's great

Is this the point where CR unzips his pants and starts jerkin' it?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Sounds more like a sex toy name, to be frank. Wouldn't want to buy it for $175. Will wait until it's at least $1000.

FTFY

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The part I don't understand about that is how he's still married.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's how you get banned from Twitch chat:

Step 1: Get banned from RSI.

Step 2: Ask the question "Do you feel your efforts will be vindicated at CitCon?" during RTV.

Step 3: Get permabanned.

I'm guessing it's because you namedropped the ship, but it's still hilarious to me that that's all it takes.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Quite possibly my last post on the RSI Forums:

Please link this so we can watch the shitstorm live.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Here's the link, just FYI:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5715752/#Comment_5715752

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Don't worry, Beer. your probation will be over by the time they release. :shobon:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

^^^count of goons that made that joke: 4^^^

That's it? poo poo, I figured it'd be a meme by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Madcosby posted:

"We've always been at war with SomethingAwful"

But this is actually true. :confused:

peter gabriel posted:

I'm expecting the news from Citizcno to be very positive and lots of progress made to the game etc

What game are they showing at Citizcno?

• Locked thread