Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I would totally do it if Beer wanted to co-host with me. We could set it up on my TwitchTV channel and totally gank the CitCon hype.

Do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Prop Wash posted:

ok so are we all pretty much on board that those guys are just pretending to play this section

Excuse me this is a live demo and *jump cut* the slanderous things you're saying

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

*in an extremely smooth 70s blaxploitation voice* Good

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Please try to think positively, consider that the $92 million resurrection of Hitler is a pretty good excuse to reboot Bionic Commando again

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Holy horsemeatballs!

I just had a.. spirited discussion with a backer about how CR can't deliver this project on time and as promised.

After much back and forth, his final comment before the end was "when you're ready to stand in CR's moccasins, let me know"

NOTACULT

Have some sympathy, if he can't pay back the Swedish mafia those moccasins will become concrete

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

natetimm posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think paying Hollywood actors shitloads of money to be in video games is a good use of resources. They don't have to carry the production, like they do in a movie. I don't think there's a significant portion of people who play video games that are going "Oh poo poo, I have to buy this game, Kevin Spacey is in it!" It seems cheaper, easier, and more equitable to the labor pool of voice actors to use up-and-coming talent rather than shelling out the big bucks for big names. You can tell with this whole Star Citizen fiasco is just Chris wasting his backer's money to continue his movie aspirations.

it works out really well though cause Gary Oldman can play himself in a cameo when they eventually make a movie about Chris Roberts getting coked up and shooting at the repo men like in the ending of Scarface

(Peter Stormare can play the Swedish mafia)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Romes128 posted:

I do apologize and shall adjust appropriately

-the words of an actual person

By no means am I claiming a lack of fault, or even anything other than the lion's share

-Punished "Venom" Solomonic

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Let's be reasonable: Probably it's a placeholder song, used just to setup their songplaying ingame. Nothing final.

Currently the song is in pre-pre-alpha

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bitter Beard posted:

The problem with Elite is the game is boring as gently caress, who knew space would be a snore fest?

I heard it described as "Euro Truck Simulator in space" and I think that was meant to be a pejorative but what that person apparently didn't know is that I fuckin love Euro Truck Simulator and someday after I upgrade my hardware I'm gonna get Elite

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Zeike posted:

Holy crap they already figured out our master plan. They're good... too good.I think we might have a mole

We have to hire a professional to investigate this. I put out an ad for a private dick and as soon as I get done sifting through the mountain of responses from Wulf Knight I'll provide updates.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I thought you people were doing a spartacus thing.

I am Derek Smartacus

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Ledenko posted:

I only ever had one real burger (I'm not gonna count BK and McD) and it was supremely good. I should try to make my own some time.

Do it, they are a combination of all nature's blessings

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

FrankieGoes posted:

I've never made a Kickstarter before, and I was hoping I could get some advice before I made this one live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1398772708/1494487578?token=68346705

make a stretch goal to free my homie kimsemus

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Reclaimer posted:

The neighbor of the beast!

Just because it's not 666 anymore doesn't mean we can't keep hailing Satan

For every time you guys don't hail Satan I'm going to do it three times

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Agrajag posted:

did we make dossiers of people in this thread?

Yeah I did. Here's my dossier of Seraph:

• bad

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

MeLKoR posted:

I know you're reading this thread Ilovecreamsoda, you need to do this. You need to do this today. When that first legal letter arrives Derek Smart will have commited, there's no going back after that because by then it will be easier to simply proceed and ruin your life. You're probably a young man, do you really want to be saddled with bankruptcy, your credit ruined for years because of a stupid joke you made on the internet? Is it worth even the risk?

It's time to man up and swallow your pride, you need to open a thread in r/starcitizen and publicly retract and apologize to Derek Smart. You are literally at his mercy, a sensible person would try to gain some good will before apologizing personally. Do it today.

Don't do this reddit user ilovecreamsoda. Don't throw yourself on the mercy of Dr. Derek "D-Rock" Smart the internet warlord, who by your own words is 'causing trouble for Star Citizen'; for god's sake, man, he threatened your JPEGs of spaceships. Double down. Appeal this thing all the way to the Supreme Court. It will definitely not go badly for you in any way. Think of the Chairman!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
The chorus now recites a dirge for ilovecreamsoda, dragged behind the chariot of the Old School Internet Warlord before the walls of reddit

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

D_Smart posted:

Apparently the sub-reds removed his retraction/apology

Not A Cult

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Well, I guess technically we can't say "it's been two years and the game is terrible" because that would require an existing game

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
If you told me one of those was a photoshop made by the thread to mock these people I would have no clue as to which one it was because they're all equally likely candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Young Freud posted:

Do you consider Barack Obama a white man?

Not unless he shows me a jpeg of the birth certificate

• Locked thread