Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

thoughts on freeing kimsemus?

Freeing him? Wait! Did I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Marine CitCon trailer is live! Same poo poo from GAMESCOM pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wow, Derek Smart, the man I credit with helping me regain my eyesight as a youth, is outright ignoring my requests for a signed copy of his next video game.

That's really depressing :smith:

I am!!??! What request? I thought I replied to the LOD question. It's digital, no box. So uhm, how am I supposed to autograph it :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So uhm, that happened. They paraded a Black woman in front of the cameras @ 3:00. I don't even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls464lgf2Do

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Would you sign my tits if we ever met?

Depends. What size are they?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Smoke & Mirrors as I mentioned in my blog last week

CitCon is going to be more smoke and mirrors. Just like GAMESCOM and every event before it. They have nothing tangible to show. If they did, all the stuff they have recently shown, would be in backers hands by now and in decent form. In fact, you heard it here first:

They are going to parade all the A-List actors - all of whom cost a ton of money - for SQ42. This despite the fact that the stand-alone game is reported to be almost fifteen months away from completion.

1) They are going to show the opening cut-scene sequence for SQ42 with Gary Oldman giving his speech, someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc.

2) They are going to show Star Marine. Again. It's still a mess - and nowhere ready for production release. Reports tell me that if it gets released before year end, it would be a miracle.

3) They are going to show multi-crew. Again. Problem now is that, as of the last report I got, it doesn't run smoothly at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, loads of memory etc. Again, not production release ready.

4) And a new ship. Rumored to be the Vindicator fighter priced at $175 (UPDATE: This price has been increased I've heard)

There is nothing new being released to backers, other than another AC patch apparently.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I told you guys this project was FUBAR. There you have it. You're welcome.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
btw, as I had previously reported, Sandi was about to quit. That's what the embarrassing opening scene drama was about. But Erin ruined it when he interrupted her at the last minute.

My guess is that she may still quit as planned.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Shala posted:

Is this you Octopode?

Yeah, they're resorted to just straight up making poo poo up. Someone neglected to ask him for his real name. I have contracts for everyone who has ever worked for me. He posts his real name, I post his contract online. Simple really.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 11, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Why didn't he just sue for failure of payment instead of declaring personal bankruptcy?

Because it's bullshit? Ask yourself this. Why is this only appearing online now? It's not like I've gone anywhere. Not to mention how long this has been up. And not a peep; not even in the comments.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nopantsjack posted:

The Story So Far

The initial drama
Derek Smart is Derek Smart, trolls Star Citizen for a few months.
The Escapist publishes a peice where employees of CIG accuse Chris and Sandy of mismanagement, waste of funds and specifically Sandy of racism and muff-hating.
Chris Roberts posts a big meltdown on the Star Citizen site accusing Escapist of manufacturing sources/beleiving disgruntled employees/being Derek Smart/being Gamergate.
One day later CIG threaten Escapist with a defamation suit against the claims on Sandy (notably no claims to do with the money) unless they apologise and remove the article within 24 hours.
The Escapist says no, and commits to further investigation.

Pre-Citicon:
Derek Smart predicts a ship called the Vindicator will come out and it'll be $175 and a fighter, he does this through Beer who gets banned from the CIG forums for it.
Much shitposting.

Citicon:
After a brief delay and schizophrenic countdown timer, Citicon opens with a tearful speech from Sandy where she appeals to backers to think on the deep social connections they've forged by buying theoretical spaceships together, hypes Star Citizen as the pinnacle of human endeavour. This all sounds like a resignation and she's given going-away flowers, but doesn't leave.
gently caress you, Derek #1: "Anonymous hate campaign" + Look how much Sandy's underlings like her She also drops that she and Chris are married and this has "never been a secret" which is untrue.

Chris waddles on stage and mumbles through his nose and giggles, after showing how many devblog programs they've made the first thing he does is show off how many people he has working for him to disprove allegations of shrinking studio sizes. (gently caress you, Derek #2)
Chris lists the only stuff that is probably coming out soon, and its basically two weapons and buggies and the ability to respawn after you die.

After months of delays Star Marine is quietly scrapped and the development process is reversed and is no longer modular, now they're going to combine all the modules into one alpha to be released at an undisclosed time. gently caress You, Derek #3: "Everyone always yells at me when I give you release dates so I won't anymore."

Chris manages to fail at Powerpoint and can't make the next slide work.
Chris declares the alpha map to be the biggest ever in a game but compares it with Daggerfall and Skyrim rather than Elite, EVE or No Man's Sky which are much larger.

At some point they show off the state of this combined alpha, which is basically the multicrew demo from earlier roughly combined with the Star Marine module, it still looks very choppy and extremely pre-alpha, tellingly in a 4v4 firefight none of the shooting is captured on camera.
From the looks of it its entirely possible to lose whole space systems by not being good enough at FPSes. This is the only "gameplay" shown in the whole presentation, and involves mostly walking and some taking off, travelling and landing in space ships, ostensibly some people shooting assault rifles and then getting back in a ship.

A guy introduces a neat map app thats actually available now in browser and seems to work, making it the most polished game to come out of the kickstarter so far. You can plan your space camping trip routes in a game that won't exist for 2 years maybe never. The guy running the demo nearly dies from stage fright.

Chris talks about a night club called the Million Mile High Club where presumably people will gently caress eachother in space. This will probably also come out in some form, since its just a map people can walk around in, will support up to 25 players lol habbo hotel tech.

Some other guy intros an unpriced super joystick/keyboard/throttle addon that looks like hot dogshit but the guy doing the presentation is the only human that comes on stage for the whole thing. Chris fucks up at the reveal at every opportunity continuing the trend of Chris not being able to do anything.

They intro the Referral program with a video made by the one man who doesn't know how to say referral. The new "refral" program basically encourages faithful Citizens to recruit new players to buy this nonexistant game or buy 25 new accounts to get themselves a gaudy gold ship skin.
Possibly before this they announce a new ship that is totally the Vindicator, but has been renamed the Saber and sliced $5 off the price. (gently caress you, Derek #4)
They also announce a new $2500 military ship pack to go with Squadron42.

Halfway through the event and Chris is now just going to talk about Squadron 42 for the next hour, everyone is super excited to see what they have to show.

They have videos of the motion cap studio they set up themselves and reveal that Gary Oldman is in it and show a trailer showing CG Gary Oldman doing an old man voice with a muppet mouth before bragging about their facial animation in another video. They reveal a bunch of celebrities such as Scully, Luke Skywalker and Gimli are also in it as well as Sandi Gardiner. In brief interviews Gary Oldman looks guarded or despondant and compares Chris to Lucas.

They show us the first Squadron 42 gameplay ever revealed and its one big walking cutscene where they tour the ship and nothing else happens, the voices and perfomances are okay but this... isn't a game and there are bugs everywhere even for this one slice they have made, the first guy you see's hair takes 10 seconds to appear, another guy has a luminous mouth like his soul is trying to escape. All the black characters are carrying luggage or cargo in the background.
The animations range from decent mocap to shockingly rudimentary. Release date is set as 2016 which is laughable for anyone watching.

Chris goes loving mental for like 25 minutes about how many hours of cutscenes the game has and how huge its script is and it becomes chillingly apparent to everyone he's just found a way to reignite his hollywood dreams off the backs of nerds with poor judgement.
He gets an underling to bring him the script and then throws it on the floor to show how huge it is, then turns around and leaves him to pick it up, then realises he's supposed to be pretending to be nice and squawks out an apology and does his weird Hyih Hyih giggle.

Cake Time! CIG make a final bid to fill time and distract people from the fact the game doesn't exist and they showed 10 minutes of gameplay and they just told everyone none of the stuff they've been waiting for is coming out and they're going to have to indefinitly wait for an alpha that currently doesn't exist in any releaseable way.
They have brought a big birthday cake and they try and figure out a way to get the cake on a table from where it is 4 feet to the right to centre stage, which takes an army of techies and employees much hemming and hawing.
A put-upon looking stage assistant lights the candles as Chris giggles and introduces his all male, all white staff. "Happy Birthday, Star Citizen" they sing. The cake has 3 candles on it because its 3 years since the dream of Star Citizen and Star Citizen is just a dream.
Chris tries to blow out the candles and sprays spit all over them with a big ol' raspberry.
Chris makes two tentative cuts to the cake, asking the whole time how you cut cake and apologising like a man who has never seen a cake nor indeed a knife before.
Chris gives up immediately, nobody is getting any cake because he just can't figure this out, he tells the techies to cut the cake but then decides against it and announces the show is over.

I now know why I was put here on this earth, it was to make the longest post about Star Citizen nobody will ever want to read.

Couple of corrections.

1. Beer was banned long before the Vidicator snafu

2. Sandi pulled an audible. My sources tell me she has been threatening to quit for awhile now; and as recently as few weeks ago as I reported here

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
My Citizens Conned 2015 commentary is online. Full text appears below.

===
Well, CitizenCon 2015 is over. You can see the full thing over here in case you missed it. And here is a pre-recording of the demo.

My guess is that this will be the last one.

And that bit with Sandra at the beginning? Pure Hollywood drama. Thus far, nobody, not even the rabid White Knights, can figure out wtf that was about. And right at the beginning. Aside from being a terrible actress, her ability to control emotions on-the-fly, is text book [bad] acting. I swear it looked like she was about to quit (she now denies that). Then Erin ruined it. As some have indicated, clearly this looked like she pulled an audible. Why didn’t ALL of this happen at the END? You know, like before or after the birthday cake celebration?

For my part, as impressive as the graphics have always been, there was really nothing here. Nothing at all. There was no SQ42 playable mission because, well, it doesn’t exist in any playable form yet. Which is why my sources are telling me that it’s about 15 months out. Though they may chop it up and release episode 1 at some point in 2016.

Also note now, no dates. That’s part of the admission of the uncertainty with the project. Aside from the fact that Star Marine was due out two weeks ago and now it’s off the table indefinitely. And it’s looking a lot like it’s no longer a standalone module but rolled into the PU. Which is precisely what I had predicted would happen back when I gave my review of the social module.

In short, they didn’t release anything of substance. Let’s tally it all up:

quote:

A baseline incremental AC 1.0 patch
No new flyable ships
No new social/planetside content
No Star Marine
No AC 2.0 / multi-crew
No PU
Nothing playable from SQ42

And yet another concept ship sale.

And a starmap, that’s cool to play with, but useless since there is nothing to do with it.

Yet, somehow, most backers somehow missed the fact that, well, yeah, they took away their liability to continue frequent deliveries of content.

Oh, and now, SQ42 is apparently going to be a stand-alone product. So the “buy it now as part of Star Citizen” cash grab has begun. Note how it’s now a “pre-order” instead of a “pledge to the dream”. You get one guess why that is.

Then there’s the referral program. For a “game” that doesn’t yet exist and which in all likelihood never will.

In short, they have spent fours years and $91.5m and thus far are nowhere near shipping the game as promised. But the whales keep funding it.

Let’s wind back to E3 2014, shall we? Here is the interview. And here were the dates:

quote:

– Arena Commander 2.0 (Multicrew) by the end of the year (2014).
– First Person Shooter module tentatively PAX Australia (Nov 2014).
– Planetside Module (after FPS module)
– Mini Persistent Universe (after Planetside module)
– Backer release of Persistent Universe (end of 2015)
– Full release of the game (mid 2016)

Note that the game was supposed to be delivered back in Nov 2014.

So how close was my prediction (written at the bottom of my blog)?

quote:

CitCon is going to be more smoke and mirrors. Just like GAMESCOM and every event before it. They have nothing tangible to show. If they did, all the stuff they have recently shown, would be in backers hands by now and in decent form. In fact, you heard it here first:

They are going to parade all the A-List actors – all of whom cost a ton of money – for SQ42. This despite the fact that the stand-alone game is reported to be almost fifteen months away from completion.

1) They are going to show the opening cut-scene sequence for SQ42 with Gary Oldman giving his speech, someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc.

2) They are going to show Star Marine. Again. It’s still a mess – and nowhere ready for production release. Reports tell me that if it gets released before year end, it would be a miracle.

3) They are going to show multi-crew. Again. Problem now is that, as of the last report I got, it doesn’t run smoothly at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, loads of memory etc. Again, not production release ready.

4) And a new ship. Rumored to be the Vindicator fighter priced at $175 (UPDATE: This price has been increased I’ve heard)

There is nothing new being released to backers, other than another AC patch apparently.

I think it was spot on. Aside from the fact that some Goon I had given the name of the fighter to, made an error with the SHA-256 and the name was cracked immediately. Thus giving them enough time to change the name to Sabre. It’s only data and no game model exists. So that was a trivial change for them to make at the last minute.

ps: This Goon pretty much sums it all up.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

That's what I'm saying, you should consider suing CIG for libel if they don't remove the post.

Unfortunately, according to Section 230 of the CDA, they are not liable for content posted by others on their system.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Before the next breaking news that's going in a new blog ("Star Citizen - The Great Gaming Heist") , I want to give you guys some stuff to chew on.

1) Search for these terms: "gizmondo Carl Freer upsala mafia"

2) Make the connection (do a "where are the now?" research) between these four: Simon Elms, Nick Elms, Erin Roberts, Chris Roberts and "gizmondo" (hint: Warthog)

More soon.

ps: It's a doozy

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hezzy posted:

The Elms work for Roberts - according to LinkedIn and open source research, one is in charge of the facial capture / animation company that CIG is using, the other is the creative designer at Squadron 42. Their old company, Warthog games, was bought by Gizmondo which released a handheld console that is widely believed to have been a massive multi-million dollar scam

Good job.

Now,

1) do you know who the current Financial Officer at Foundry 42 (UK) is?

2) do you know who is godfather to Nick Elm's sons?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Young Freud posted:

I can't find who that is but I see from the Companies House filing that Nicholas Elms is one of the shareholders. He holds 15 out of the 100 shares in the company.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history/MzEzMjY5MDQwNWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Erin Roberts is the godfather.

Now, you get to figure out the last piece on your own. Who is the Financial Officer for Foundry 42?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hezzy posted:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB1B0BF3C7388230!4237&authkey=!ALwl3EsvRG01FN8&ithint=file%2cpdf

Simon Elms witnessed a signature for a financial document for Foundry 42 Ltd. Given that he's CFO for the face animation company it's not really much of a stretch to assume he's the new CFO for F42 now

Bingo.

And it looks like Rachel Ezair exited in May 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

It also could be opening a line of credit or a loan with backer cash as collateral so that they don't directly burn backer funds.

That's what we're tracing in what looks like $6m in tax credits from the UK govt. So much for Chris' statements that they have a "healthy cash reserve"

As I've said before, this whole op is a lot worse than anyone realizes. More soon.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hezzy posted:

I wouldn't say she exited, she's still accounts manager for Foundry 42 on LinkedIn. It's more likely that she's freelancing as she works for her brother's company Northern something or other.

Or, like most, she just hasn't updated LinkedIn yet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Infeckt posted:

Didn't Dick Wulf say he "owes Chris for his success" and yet is unemployed and spends all his cash on jpgs/food for lesnick?

No clue. But latest word is that he's under house arrest. And now people are digging into State public records to find out why.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

he should speak to a lawyer before doing anything else to do with his investment, last thing you want is to pull money out of a scheme that may be fraudulent before you get officials in

He can pull out his investment at any time, regardless of whether or not the venture was fraudulent.

If it is found to be fraudulent, then it's up to him and his attorneys to convince the Feds that he had no prior knowledge that the venture was fraudulent. Which, given the fact that, as an investor, he just happened to invest in a videogame project, shouldn't be too difficult for him to prove.

Problem is that attorneys and accountants cost money and the Feds are notoriously tardy when it comes to these things. So years later, after spending tons of money (which may end up being even more than the investment) trying to convince the Feds he "dindo nuffin", the Feds kick him out of the investigation. He loses anyway. Sadly, that's how this all works. :(

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

iGestalt posted:

Clearly we should ask him: Derek, who would you like to play you, in the upcoming movie?

First choice would be Cuba Gooding Jnr, due to the height, weight, complexion. And of course, acting chops.

Second choice would be Martha Stewart.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Potato Salad posted:

Fifty bucks says Bootcha doesn't see anything / do anything.

If Bootcha blows some money laundering scheme out of the water, I'll buy five of you avatars.

This has crossed the line into insane.

Yes, it is in fact, insane. And that's not even the best (those are yet to come) parts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

If Derek actually has lawyers that let him post this with the word Heist in the title it'll be hilarious. He gets some serious credibility after CitCon, then goes and jumps the shark in spectacular fashion and gets himself rightfully sued.

===
Heist

noun
a robbery or holdup:
to take unlawfully, especially in a robbery or holdup; steal:
to heist a million dollars' worth of jewels.
to rob or hold up.
===

I am totally going to do it. If they sue, it would be under defamation. Then they'd have to prove malicious intent. I'm just writing a blog based on what I believe to be a heist (To wit: selling jpegs for a game that does't exist) of gamer dollars.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

what's your basis for the $6m (£3.9m) figure in tax credits? i'm really curious where that figure's coming from given tax relief that foundry 42 can undoubtedly hit that might not be factored in

I got that from a source. And since that sort of thing is in the UK public records, we're currently looking into it to see how much it was, when it was awarded etc.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

fwiw the person who tipped off Smart is this guy:

Who's twitter feed is all cockney sports betting code. Not the most reliable source ... but also not shady at all!!!

And if you look ^ the account was only active for a few months (a gambling burner account I guess) then it popped up with 'hey Smart look it up these guys are gangsters' yup that's just normal twitter nothing unusual to see here ...

Actually I've been looking into this since July. It's in one of my blogs and my Twitter feed.

This person probably picked up on it from my feed. And from his tweets, he either knows more than he is aware of, or he's been doing the same Internet searches you all have been doing since the ARG was a thing here last night.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

don't forget the former director of foundry 42 who left last december: derek senior, former secretary at gizmondo studios manchester

the simon elms financial connections to multiple companies is probably due to him and angela elms running elms financial consulting limited

also if you're looking for good information to mine: http://www.pauliehughes.com/page19/page19.html

this really seems like a wild goose chase. i seriously doubt your lawyer is going to approve of you drawing these loose connections to a company publicly when you presumably have a pending case

e: if you're going to take the word off a guy on twitter and some unusual discrepancies at least privately ask some people to research into it before you smother your argument in it

How can a connection be "loose" if it's based on factual evidence? Nobody is accusing them of illegal wrongdoing. Yet. But the connections are there and they are a matter of actual fact.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Talorat posted:

So wait, this is probably a really dumb question, but what exactly is Derek Smart's dog in this race anyways? From what I am reading he just seems to be antagonizing Chris Roberts out of a personal grudge, not because he has anything to lose in this increasingly obvious con business venture.

Nope. That "personal grudge" nonsense is just a smoke screen which goes like this:

- Say anything negative about Star Citizen. Or heck, even ask a question for which a truthful answer would imply wrongdoing and you will get one of these standard responses which have nothing to do with Star Citizen.

1) "Oh look over there! Derek Smart! <-- me, the bogieman incarnate

2) "Line Of Defense sux. It only has 4 people online" <-- by people who a) haven't even played it b) don't know how gamedev actually works b) don't know the diff between LoD and Star Citizen. Hint: one of them is an actual game

3) "Derek Smart is a nobody, don't listen to him" <-- this cracks me up. considering they've been on damage control since July when my first blog went up

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

redwalrus posted:

Are you trying to say they're already in the hole, already spent over 90mil? :prepop:

Yes. And I'm not trying to say it. I have it on good authority that they're literally almost out of money for sustained ops. This is part of the reason why we are requesting financials. Heck, even the bona fide VC investors don't even have access to them either.

And the crux of any legal suit boils down to Nov 2015, when their original ToS kicks in. At which time, they have to a) issue refunds for not shipping the game as promised b) provide detailed accounting for the project

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

No you have to read it like the rest of us!!

Seriously TLDR... Derek Smart happened, Citizen CON happened (they have not poo poo to show as Derek Smart predicted), a new ship is for sale, and cultists are saying that the showing of a few pre scripted events prove that Derek Smart is an idiot who knows nothing.

Also Beer is banned from the CIG forums now.

Yes. Pretty much. And my Citizens Conned write-up is here.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Hey guys, Sandi likes black people now.

Yeah. And they posted a few more on GlassDoor as well last week.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

First it was calling me "some Goon" and now it's this. :(

LOL!! well, to be fair, I tend to refrain from using names because then you give those nut jobs a target. That's why I didn't point to any specific person. But then you did the post on the Reddit thread anyway. :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Marauder posted:

Hi how is Battlecruiser 3000 Line of Defense coming along?

The two are totally different game types that take place in the same IP :)

For Battlecruiser 3000AD, that one morphed into Universal Combat back in 2004, since it was no longer about a single capital ship (Battlecruiser). And there is a free version of Universal Combat CE 2.0 on Steam which I am in the process of upgrading the visuals via DLC.

Anyway, LOD is coming along great. It's a bit slow, due to it being a rather massive indie game being developed by a crew of less than a dozen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

Derek can you do more games investigations and just stick around on SA when CIG folds?

heh, well the only reason I got involved in this Star Citizen farce to begin with is because they made it personal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Truga posted:

So how far down the rabbit hole are we yet? I'd say about 3/4 way down, but I'm honestly starting to doubt there's not even more now.

There's more. Lots more.

In fact, my latest blog was heavily censored by legal because some of the stuff in there was so off the charts, that no way in hell they wouldn't have sued me right there and then. But included in a legal complaint does two things 1) offers legal protection 2) robs them of any insight as to what's actually coming

That's why I stated that unless and until something drastic happens, that's probably my last blog on SC for now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bootcha posted:

I'm asking my own questions at this point.

From what I know, I predict one or all of the following will happen. Especially since, given that 1) we know that Ben and some forum denizens come here 2) there are less then 4 VS left in the enterprise, they are likely to connect your SA profile to your investment and real name and use your posts here as some bullshit cause (see below).

1) ignored

2) given the runaround

3) your investment is revoked with some bullshit cause (Ortwin is good at playing an attorney, though he clearly has no clue about core litigation procedures)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Other than the escapist thing I haven't hear many major media outlets talking about this thing at all. Why the massive silence? It seems like an interesting story whether true or not.

Because, as I said in my latest blog, they all chose to either bury the story, or just carry right on with the usual fluff or soft stories about the project.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

the fact that they haven't sued D Smart or The Escapist for defamation tells me that what they've said is in general based somewhere in reality

Well, the problem for them is that any public figure suing for defamation, has to prove malicious intent. There isn't any.

Aside from that, my guess is that they probably know by now that there are people willing to be deposed under oath as to what they've said to myself and the media. That's going do more harm than good; and land them in an even worse situation than what Chris and Ortwin put them in with their missive and legal demand letter.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Derek, just how much are you enjoying all this since :lesnick: tried to slam you on the RSI forums?

Truth be told, I'm not. I have better things to do with my time. I backed this project in 2012 because, like ED, I wanted to see it succeed and at the fidelity promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

i dont know anything about Line of Defense except that its mostly negative reviews on steam

whats up with that, like, did the game come out and it was incomplete or something major was broke or what

whats the major gripe with it

Very simple really. I wrote about it here. Just wankers being wankers.

As with all my games, people are going to either like it, or hate it. There's no being in the middle. And even those who like it, but hate me, will still play, but post that they hate it. That's the nature of the beast.

Any Goon who wants a free Starter Kit key to check it out for themselves, is welcome to email fleetcmd at 3000ad dot com with your Goon name and link to this post.

Latest progress is charted in the changelog

• Locked thread