Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

ocrumsprug posted:

Have we started predictions on Citcon yet?

I predict a new funding campaign to pay for celeb VA. Each funding level will have additional talent added to the game.

For $100 you get the main character voiced by Carrot Top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
I'm missing college football to watch this poo poo something hilarious better happen

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

When are they announcing the slave packing tetris minigame?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

This entire presentation is a slideshow to prepare you for SC's 4fps

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

When you're launching creating? a game in 2015 I don't think Daggerfall should be your comparison point.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Can you imagine Chris Roberts pitching a movie? Jesus Christ.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

I just realized what this reminds me of.

X:Reunion

Their FPS module is on par with X:Reunion.

lol

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

do you seriously have to walk for 5 minutes to take off from a station?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

That's the first thing I thought of after seeing the character animations. Although that would actually give me hope that they were just trying to push the game out, if it weren't for everything else I already know about Star Citizen

this whole loving thing has already been done in x:reunion. The whole demo looks like a game I already played 2 years ago.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Why do future weapons look like WW2 weapons with iron sights and everything?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

p sure halo both looked and played better

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Prop Wash posted:

so who believes you could actually just steal someone else's spaceship that they paid $900 for

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

OK that poo poo was funny. "within........soon"

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

dots and lines, bitches

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Erenthal posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Elite has this feature, right? But working, in a game, and massively larger?

X3 had it, like a decade ago.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

god yes the official pyramid scheme

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

whoever said "andy sirkis just because" lol that was a great call

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

ShredsYouSay posted:

Oh John Rhys-Davies!

"Indy, I dont think we cant trust these moslems, they are not like us"

hamill and rhys-davies will literally just play Blair and Paladin again.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

*$500,000 cutscene*
*mission of flying around doing pointless timekilling poo poo*
*$250,000 cutscene*

It sure is WC all over again.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

A capital ship with about six people on it. Sounds about right.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

"Starman". Good grief.

They wanted Jeff Bridges but that's a $120m stretch goal

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

ShredsYouSay posted:

Oh, the black guy has to carry all the luggage

right through the bulkhead too

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

cringey as gently caress

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

ShredsYouSay posted:

what does 07 mean, is it a nazi thing.

it's a salute so yes

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

WastedJoker posted:

Gary's or Sandi's?

yes

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

ShredsYouSay posted:

Imagine Halle Berry at the Oscars, but she hadnt done anything to deserve it.

she's spent 3 years acting like she gives a gently caress about this stupid nerd game, i think that's better than anything halle berry has ever done

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

OriginalPseudonym posted:

honestly there’s a difference between “affecting the story” and “changing the ending” to me, but that’s probably in part because i’m so very tired of people throwing in a karmic point system in, tying a handful of conversations to those points, and then never referencing those conversations again-- just using the points to determine your choice average (SMT IV was particularly bad about this)

i’ll take a game with one ending and some completely useless in the long run but immersive npc interactions over a canned one-of-three endings that can be gamed by dumping your inventory on the beggar right outside the last boss room

walking dead season one is probably the only game to have ever nailed this about as well as it's ever been done in a video game

even Telltale's other stuff has really turned into linear "$30 for essentially a season of TV" games and ditched the meaningful choices, but twd:s1 was just amazingly well done.

edit: it wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

You fools!!! You're using the wrong lovely candy!!!

I know I was late, I was flying today. But plz giev soj this gang tag

• Locked thread