Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Apocadall posted:

I had never thought the apocalypse would be so beautiful.

They should have sent a poet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
It's pretty obvious that their entire plan is to prolong development as long as possible to continue to get money. As soon as the game comes out (lol, that isn't happening) and everyone realizes it's an unmitigated disaster, his gravy train is going to stop. The illusion of a future game keeps the existence of their jobs.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Derek and Roberts on the Verse.
Derek and Roberts at Tenagra.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

fargom posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: Roberts, when the walls fell

ftfy

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
They inevitably will have to hire a real law firm. At that point if the firm is any good, they will probably tell them to shutup and make some excuse about why pursuing a lawsuit is a poor plan, and they should just talk with Escapist about writing a story based on a tour + interviews with their current employees (something Escapist has expressed an interest in doing). It would be the best possible outcome for them. But, we are talking about our Lord and Savior Christo Roberto, whom can do no wrong, and the Romans are out to get him.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

SirTagz posted:

As MS payed 2.5 billion for Minecraft.. I would not really be surprized

Minecraft is a brand. SC is not.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Minecraft is so much more than just a game. That is why it was worth 2.5B.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

AP posted:

Who's Brianna Wu? In 4 words or less please.

A dumb human being.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

That Jerk Steve posted:

I don't think salacious means what Brianna thinks it means

It rhymes with delicious - does that make it a synonym?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
True believers ignore the truth in front of them. It is like severe myopia.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The new stretch goal is to create the original Star Citizen game pitched on KS.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, unless Chris is insane, can you imagine the stress he's enduring right now?

With all the talk about mis-management, his wife and kids, money being mis-used (or outright stolen), screwed up HR practices, lawsuits, refund requests, AND NO VISIBLE PROGRESS ON THE ACTUAL GAME.

I can only imagine he's operating of a couple of hours of sleep a day and is hell to be around right now (double that for his wife, Sandi).

The reversal of fortunes must be pretty bad too. When this thing started he was literally treated like a king wherever he went. Gifts were given, praise flowed freely, love and adulation. Now? It's all crashing down on him.

Yeah, I don't have pity for him. He brought this upon himself. Had they bothered to develop the skeleton of the original game and then iterated more out over months/years nobody would care if he never got it all done. The fact that they can't be hosed to even do that at this point is pretty damning, and his willingness to continue to sell more jpegs to fund his ridiculous idea just seals the deal in terms of his mindset. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of 'yes' people, he doesn't understand how development works, he doesn't have a real producer on the project that can actually reign in the stupidity, and he keeps selling jpegs to fund even more stupid ideas.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Has anyone tried to buy a spaceship and sent jpegs of cash in lieu of real cash and say the money is coming eventually, when I earn it, but I want the jpegs now?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
CHRIStmas is coming early this year boys!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Why does it take the VP of a 300 person company to approve refunds for small charges? That seems strange in itself. Every time I have ever needed a refund it has been a normal employee, or maybe a manager 1 step above, not jumping 6 steps to the VP.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

And why is their lawyer involved in the refunds?

Excellent questions, which nobody outside of this group has bothered to even ask.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why are the Escapists sources "poo poo" in your opinion? What qualifies you to make such a judgement?

Don't you know, if sources don't agree with your 'version' of the 'facts' clearly they are all false.

ed. I pity the true believers, but not as much as I laugh at their stupidity, and the amount of entertainment they supply me. I have yet to see an answer from a person that backed the game that legitimately answers the question of why do you invest more than the pre-order value in a game that isn't even released yet. You are putting your faith and money in a company that has done poo poo-all to deserve it.

kordansk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 9, 2015

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

I do care but Rome was not built in a day you see

No but it collapsed overnight.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Variable 5 posted:

Trained artists are the $150m stretch goal.

What's important is that Charmin Roberts signed off on it, right after he chose the laces on the boots.

Right after he wiped his rear end with it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I've seen better demos on the UE4 forums of kids trying to recruit people to make the next great game where they get paid in royalties after the game is released....

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I've made better looking UE3 games

I also like their response of it being something put together for fun by the QA team. So the big video to get people hyped up for the convention was thrown together by people who should have been testing it? Or was it assembled out of bug report videos? And that if they hadn't made this, your marketing team would have not put anything out? And that this looked good enough that your marketing department said this is a good representation of our game?

It wouldn't be Star Citizen unless the goalposts were moved at least weekly.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
CIG is their own worst enemy. If they actually released content instead of shilling more concept art to potential marks consumers they would have the faith of individuals in here willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Instead it is the same ridiculous cycle of Ben being loving stupid, CIG releasing more concept art, and never committing to a real date for release, and never actually holding themselves accountable for missing dates.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Get a better phone then. Also laser eye surgery. A refund from the scam you call star citizen should cover both.

And some counseling services as well. Lasik is like 3000, new phone is about 1000, that should leave you about 4000 to cover your counseling.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Ag Bengip posted:

Pay your eye surgeon in spaceship JPEGs

He has bitcoins for that, since doctors love accepting payment in the form of bitcoins.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Kins posted:

A lot of people seem to be commenting on the Doom 3 similarities, but honestly, what strikes me is that the cinematography in this trailer for a $90 million megaproject is lacking compared to trailers for six year old Half-Life 2 mods that were made on a budget of half-fulfilled promises of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8

Maybe this is comparing Apples and Oranges, I dunno, but watching both trailers I can certainly tell you which one grabs my attention better.

No it's pretty jarring. You have one trailer made by professionals, and the other made by a bunch of shithead kids that are talentless hacks.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

OhDearGodNo posted:

Combined with the comment "This is our first iteration" I'm thinking they have already trashed the past 18+ month's work and started again.

Status quo at CIG.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
"I swear, Frontier, the developers of Elite: Dangerous have the worse designers in history." -twitch chat.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Skoll posted:

I just got permabanned from their twitch for saying that other picture file formats are the 100m stretch goal.

I am trolling so hard, and I am still not banned.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I literally wrote that PNGs are needed for more expensive concept art, which was way worse than Skoll, and yet, nothing.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

I'm loving up sorry guys I'm still pretty new to this whole 'being internet scammed because my friend is a brainwashed idiot' thing.

Why aren't you banned yet?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

What the gently caress are you guys talking about? How did we jump from "these guys are incompetent game devs" to "these guys are running a money laundering scheme for mobsters"?

What the gently caress is a Gizmondo?

Who knows, but it's funny.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Bootcha posted:

:eyepop:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

I WONDERED WHO THE gently caress THAT WAS

loving gently caress gently caress

WHAT THE poo poo gently caress IS loving GOING ON loving HERE

HOLY gently caress BALLS

loving gently caress gently caress

gently caress

:psyboom: :psypop:

When do you actually get a ROI because they're selling merch... now is the time to get your ROI and bail.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Star Citizen: Certain Fear and Debt

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

AP posted:

This game actually does have human trafficking as a feature doesn't it?

If not, I am sure the Brown Sea wants it as a stretch goal, along with raping and pillaging.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Dapper Dan posted:

I'll write one up with links and stuff.

It better be Pulitzer worthy. You can be the first to win one for video game journalism.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Everyone has a plan until they get a meatball in the mouth.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Goredema posted:

:chanpop: Jesus, when I was trying to make him paranoid yesterday, I thought I was bluffing.

Where is the followup!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

id rather photoshop some extra 0's onto my very low bank account, becuase pretending im better off money wise is more fun than touching anything relating to that guy.

There are businesses that already do that for people. Send out fake ATM receipts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
http://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

• Locked thread