Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-The-Endeavor

ALL THE SPERG. ALL OF IT!

quote:

When a player dies, they have the option of respawning at any landing zone equipped with a hospital for a minimal charge. Alternatively, one may inspect the prices being offered by all nearby Endeavors equipped with a Medical Module that have activated their ID Beacons to determine whether a remote spawn into that ship – a concept that will often allow you to get back into the action a lot faster – is warranted. After a player has respawned into the hospital section of an Endeavor, they are granted access to a waiting room where they’re able to order any of several smaller ships that will fit within the Medical Module’s Hangar Bay. The Endeavor’s owner has to pay a premium for the rapid and remote delivery of such ships, and in turn is able to dictate the amount of profit that they require. Upon arrival of the ship, the respawned player – and any of their party members that are also residing within the waiting room – may enter the Hangar Bay, board the new ship, and continue on their way.

So in the Star Citizen universe you can decide where to reincarnate after you die based on market data delivered to you in purgatory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

You know what would get a ton of spergs to buy in?

Space Trains!

You have have commuter space trains for intra-system travel or tourist space trains as a slower, more scenic alternative to space liners. You can have space train stations, space train conductors (complete with space train ticket checking), space train dining cars, space train toilet cleaning, etc. The minigame opportunities are endless!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Moogle posted:

Well, I for one agree completely with this sentiment: http://pastebin.com/2GdfSfS0

Provided you ignore the even numbered lines

Proclick.

Who wrote this?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Fang The Parrot posted:

$2,500 and I'm starting to feel pretty sick about it now

Welcome to the forums. Also:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

It seems like Ed is following that idea further then sc.

Build 400 billion start galaxy.

Build planet landing

Build content content content.

I mean if ed guys had 90 million maybe they would go bonkers and gently caress it up too.

E:D made a decision early on to not go pay to win. The only things you can buy with dollars are the game, the expansions, and cosmetic DLC. Ships, weapons, etc. must be bought with earned in-game money. I admire Frontier for taking the high road here.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Why is it always kosher salt? :tinfoil:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Fang The Parrot posted:

but what if he writes a blog post about the mean things we said? wont we be defeated?

How's your $2,500 chargeback going? (Serious question, I wish you the best of luck on this.)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Derek Smart, Derek Smart, Derek Smart:

I have a theory on your Ph.D. thing. I do believe that you did receive two Ph.D.s as you've stated.

Therefore, I think your unwillingness to prove it (i.e. post a photo of the diploma) isn't because you don't have them (you do), but because you were known by a different name back then and you don't want people to know that your name has changed.

Confirm/deny?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

Sandi will probably be in attendance, image modified for accuracy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Ravane posted:

Did Christ Roberts put himself into the Freelancer intro? :laffo:

Makes me want to play Freelancer again. That was a very pretty game for its time, and I quite liked the mouse controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Maldoror posted:

wouldn't it be nice

if the whole drat star citizen thing that cwis wobewts promised,

with all the stretch goals and ships and planets and galaxies

could be made 4 real

:gerty:

Elite Dangerous is quite real.