Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Croberts loves a Scooby snack.

Cup the balls. Stroke the shaft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If people asking for refunds hits critical mass it will be like the bursting of the tulip bubble. And it will happen fast. I think Christ Roberts has no obligation to do that and he will do it until/when that happens. And then he will drop down to a skeleton crew and keep the money and plod through until he releases something horrible nobody remembers in like 2025.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
wtf happened to make 650 posts in 10 hours?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
time for lesnik to demand a bunch of money or else he leaves. That would gently caress cig up if he left and he should be able to squeeze a cool million out of them.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
lmao if they only have 8 million at this point. This thing will be over in 6 months if that is true.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Have I given something new to the thread? Im sure this person has been banned and refunded.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
love the token black guy in the twitch feed. lmao.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

redwalrus posted:

I defer to the CIG recommendation of a nutritious chug of your own fluids to sustain you through the read.

nsfw: [timg]hmgur.com/PUErK9x.jpg[/timg]

because putting spoiler tags on something means it hasnt been downloaded to the computer. retard.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

actually dickwulf is a successful television producer, please watch tonight's premiere of chicago fire

yes watch chicago fire please.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

I think in the end, all the matters is how much money they have. They can always find more bodies to feed into the grinder, Amazon still gets people hired even though it's a dystopian hell hole from top to bottom, I mean, Christo Roberto, they got caught not bothering to turn on the AC in a warehouse and just getting ambulances on site to take away people who fell out from heat stroke.

If any audio leaks about Sandi not wanting to hire black women or her opinions on genital grooming, she's also set up perfect as a fall person. Oh, she insulated Roberts from all the bad that was going down, he had noooooooooooooooo idea. They can have a major mea culpa and then keep on keeping on.

as long as they keep those prices low.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Something just occurred to me. This thing is becoming a ponzi scheme. Croberts knows if they don't give refunds when demanded people will stop donating. If people stop donating the whole thing comes crashing down in weeks. They have to give refunds or else. If too many request refunds they are doomed as well as they will be forced to stop giving them and then the poo poo will really hit the fan.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The reason they responded to the article was because they need to keep the cash flowing. They need to make sure people still feel comfortable giving them more money. This is why they issue refunds. They need to keep the facade up that things are going normally and if you put your money in now you could get it back later. Knowing full well that people cant all get there money back.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

Has anybody actually managed to get a refund, and if they have, how long did it take? still not received a reply for my refund for :10bux::10bux::10bux:

the smart money gets out first. Then once the run on the bank becomes too great they stop giving refunds. Hard to tell when that wil be with the rabid fans tossing money at the lord savoir.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

There is nothing to indicate that refunds have become a significant concern.

Why would they want to indicate that? Any ponzi scheme keeps the facade up until the moment of the crash.

No normal business would be giving any of these people refunds. The difference is they think they can get more money over the long term if people think they can pull their money out at any time.

ninja edit: And they have no choice but to keep getting money as they are possibly almost out of cash.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

Their cash may be low, but with respect to guessing how CIG may be reacting to refund pressure or delaying larger refunds until Satuday's CitCon presentations --

Look at it this way. If we're seeking a very broad ballpark figure on CIG's remaining cash, people who work on games can (and have) put their noggins together and came up with a figure anywhere between $2m through $4m per month operating expenditures.

Refund volume? We don't even have a starting data point or anything to draw parallels from. We can't even sit here and try to guesstimate what order scale we're talking about in terms of volume. 100 / day? 1000 / day? Maybe this thread is the only place on the web that really knows refunds are being processed on a somewhat regular basis now and refund volume isn't significantly higher than historical background rates. What are those historical background rates, anyway? Was CIG discarding hundreds of tickets per day in rejected refund requests in 2014-2015, or was it dozens? Only a few per week?

Utterly no data is available. Joke about it, yes, but if you walk around with some kind of certainty that CIG is collapsing with the refund valve now open sucking lifeblood from them in any magnitude threshold of significance, you're taking the first steps to becoming a mirror, opposite image of the Redditors who don't take a second to question their perspective before rejecting criticisms outright.

E: And if someone has any kind of idea on how to start piecing together a picture of refund volume scientifically, let's start it. Do CIG helpdesk indecent numbers auto-increment per ticket? Maybe someone can start with how many tickets have been generated in the last two weeks based on the dates of y'alls refund emails.

time will tell ;)

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Tell you what - I'll tell you.

Sometime during my show, Saturday at Noon Eastern.

we have all been suckered at some point. ITs ok you got out. Just tell us the amount.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

why even tell your story without the amounts?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

bres0048 posted:

You had Ortwin contact you for that?

tells me they are out of money. but no we should be level headed about this. We dont know for sure if they are out of money.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

All I'm saying is I wouldn't want my daughter or my gay son to date one of them star citizens. They are not right in the head, those guys.

We need to create star citizen internment camps. We cant let their tainted minds mix among the population.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TasogareNoKagi posted:

I've been reading all weekend and I'm still not caught up. Quit posting so much goons :argh:

I am still 50 pages behind but the Escapist articles, podcast, Roberts' tire fire of a rebuttal, and anything else that's come out since yesterday morning should really be in the OP.

Also :five:, goldmine, etc.

I do 5 page jumps. Every goon thought is never worth a weekend. ever.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So what exactly do the sc people hate about ed? It looks like all the pew pew space game they wanted.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

3 posted:

Oh you have no loving clue. Back in 2013 when there was even less of a game than there is now, a group of SC "players" got their guilds together to create PACT (Powers Against Common Threats, essentially space NATO) to combat pirates or more specifically goons. I created TCAP (Trade Coalition for the Allied Proletariat) as a completely fake org just to needle the PACT guys and they promptly imploded in a vortex of paranoia and fear that the evil spacecommies and spacegoons were going to give them wedgies and shove them into lockers. You can thank GotLag for the logo by the way.

thats great.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

wtf is this? Who cares about this nerd poo poo.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

sorla78 posted:

I do, move along citizen.

ok

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

I wish I could get all "I was there!" EVE nostalgia-eyed about it, and talk about how I saw it from the outside.

But all I can think of now, that it's certain that the PU is never loving happening in any meaningful way, is "Why was I there?"

lol like they thought somehow cryengine would allow 1000 people at a time because dreams and magic.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

McDowell posted:

Ha I wondered whqt happened to that guy. Roberts is a walking disaster lol

so a dude left croberts house of horrors and got descent going and has a functional gameplay demo with people and croberts is still on nothing but dreams?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I must defend the espresso machine...

If I had 90 million, the first thing I would buy is a 20k espresso machine.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

First 4 days of Endeavor sale (I assume the figures are right)

It's beating the Starfarer Gemini, MISC Reliant & Space bus.

Despite most here assuming the Endeaver was going to sell badly, it's going to sell well and they nudged it to get a couple of extra days. Most here are refunding, we're not representative of the wide community of crazy people at all. Most don't know about all the drama, I'd guess the others have long since tuned most of it out.

nobody here is assuming this thing is dead. This is like Scientology in the 1990's we got a ways to go.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

is it me or does that spaceship blueprint look like the back of some star citizens head.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

I have a $20 drip pot and a can of Cafe Bustelo powdered espresso, I think I'm good on the $800 coffee machine, much less $22k if I wasn't selling coffee.

still. a $800 espresso machine is cheaper then a jpeg of imagine.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

not done with the thread but wouldnt the distant future that has intergalactic travel use those infinite power sources to figure out how to have cargo that doesnt do this?

mag locks or something?

Its just a stupid loving idea.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
they dont need a lfe pass to get buttkickers working. Anything under like 200hz will get them going. I honestly think devices like that should only work under like 60hz.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bitter Beard posted:

12 days, no refund. After Sandi confirmed twice I wanted a refund, complete radio silence. I added my account name & paypal address to my ticket notes knowing they would ask for it.

My Priority Level has been set to "-"

I PM'd Mr Smart that I am not sure what to do at this point, think I've been shoved into the 'gently caress you' drawer because I've asked for a refund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qXQRpF08E

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Jethro_E7 posted:

Giving refunds is not dumb for CIG.
They minimise agitators, prevent people from longing complaints with 3rd party californian arbitration agencies and essentially "buy them off". The amount of cash they generate by keeping refund seekers quiet actually earns them cash I suspect, as opposed to a "I was denied a refund thread" posted to by hundreds of backers expressing dissatisfaction and flocking to Derek or the Escapist side of the fence.
In the meantime, rather than accepting responsibility for what looks like poor management at best, hiring people that know what they are doing and then not listening to them, they collect testimony from backers that evil escapist / Derek are to blame for refunds, this essentially shooting the messengers.

Thats exactly why they are doing it. It can only go on for so long though. At some point refunds can no longer be given and they will be in the same boat.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh OK, that makes more sense.

We don't hire SAG guys all the time at work, but we're also smart enough not to piss off SAG to the point we get in trouble with the whole group.

Wonder if Roberts' issues stem back to the issues with the 1990s games that underpaid actors for their work.

im sure he pulled some poo poo during his production of all those movies that lost a collective billion.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
hey dsmart if you want some more material go look at croberts imdb and cross check all the movies he was involved with and how much they made vs spent. its very lol wtf.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

Though I think as a rule the producers never actually lose money, no matter how badly a film does.

of course they do. Lots of movies lose money. A producer may just be another hired person and is making money on a money losing venture but movies absolutely do lose money. lol.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Basically in film production you get a few different types of producers.

Most people you see in a film listed as "Executive Producer" just means their involvement included throwing money at the film/tv show/project and that's about it. There are of course some Executive Producers that stick around to do work on the film specifically, but not all of them. Think of it as a vanity title in some ways.

Because its an investment, they and the studio making the film take steps to ensure that the financers (aka Executive Producers) get some sort of returns our way out if they want. What specifically can change depending on the project.

So essentially Iron Tusk is right, most of the time the producers at the very top who put money in take steps to ensure their money isn't lost.

The other producer roles listed in the credits are actual jobs that people do to make sure the ship stays on course and nothing delays the film unnecessarily.

I don't have any experience with game development, but I imagine there's a similar situation with the role of the Executive Producers being a main money source in some manner.

It's been a gimmick of his since that one game that Microsoft had to force him out of.

executive producers can and do lose money. If there was no risk of losses then everyone would be trying to make a juno or whatever. (I wish this was true. I would be rich)

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

i like how they put the names under each camera. like we would not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
wtf happened? 500 posts in like 4 hours

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread