Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So that Escapist article is actually giving out forum badges to the users who read it. Like, they are really loving proud of their article and they want to reward readers' e-peen for reading their stuff. To be honest though it is about the only actual story they've run in loving months that wasn't a repost of something else they trawled up on the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Onmi posted:

Not the worst name I've heard for a child. I myself am privy to at least one Cantelope.

The name Ender itself isn't bad, it's the association with Orson Scott Card that makes things uncomfortable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Chris was always a low-rent Lawrence Holland

Now I've played Tie Fighter and the Star Wars flight sims, but how was Holland's "Secret Weapons" series? All I know about Secret Weapons over Normandy was that there was a cheat code to get a Tie FIghter.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Onmi posted:

Swear to loving god Chris's rear end must taste like rainbows and succulent steak because some of them they are trying hard to kiss it

That's where he keeps all the unreleased jpegs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All you guys expecting your refunds need to understand that that money is required to fight the duplicitous Escapists, and will be returned to you only upon complete prosecution of such libelous scaremongers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So any more crazy allegations or are we just waiting for tomorrow's deep plunge into mediocrity?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Holy hell that music in SQ42. Was that recorded using loving MIDI?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is no way that Gary Oldman is taking this poo poo seriously. He's one of those actors who doesn't turn down a paycheck, and his dedication to the project seems to fluctuate with how much he's being paid. In this he's probably not getting very much.

Also that Half Life 2 tech demo is still amazing. Why the hell do no other companies do lipsyncing like Valve does? They have a program that matches lip movements to any language programmed into it, and it works loving flawlessly.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 11, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

beze posted:

I bet they paid Mark Hamill a lot.

Mark Hamill is an experienced voice actor who has been in the business for decades. He's used to getting paid like poo poo. It's not a lucrative market.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Facial animations look worse than Final Fantasy Advent Children. loving Beowulf looks better than this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mark Hamill would make sense. Imagine having the stars be epic voice actors like Hamill, Jennifer Hale, Dan Castellaneta, and Steve Blum.

Hale and Blum are currently involved in a VA union strike because video games pay like poo poo and they don't get royalties. So they wouldn't work with Croberts anyways.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Iridium posted:

reminds me very much of

Also, much better animations in Republic Commando. Check out the featurette on how they were inspired by real world spec forces teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIrd_3whN20&feature=iv&src_vid=0ABM3W9nYrU&annotation_id=annotation_840002

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
People saying Croberts is a George Lucas, but I think he's more of a Gene Roddenberry with his messiah complex and his fans' obsession with rape.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So who is Kate RUssell? This thread moves too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, any update on that lawsuit they were gonna file against the Escapist?

• Locked thread