Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Welcome back to your purgatory Beer! This is just adding insult to injury...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

But hasn't the guy between Roberts and Lesnick been sacked?

My immersion!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That looks really nice. What cut is that?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

At last, I can fulfil my dream of recreating the plot of Silent Running in a video game!

By ejecting my crewmates into space and handing over the ship to its rightful robot overlords.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Then go and sue him. But instead you guys are dragging his case through the whole internet. Did any one of you asked the "victim" of that sexual harassment how she feels about it?
I'm not sure why you put victim in quote marks, it's almost as if you believe sending pictures of your genitals unsolicited to complete strangers isn't sexual harassment somehow?

I don't know if the victim (note: no quote marks) wants to pursue it further or not, probably not because I suspect there's very little recourse for the effort involved. Even if she doesn't though, that doesn't make it any less of what it is. That doesn't make it okay.

What the gently caress is your malfunction?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Am I detecting the hand of a certain PhD in this?

Because, drat... shouldn't have made it personal Chris. Not with an internet warlord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XGAxc4EGi4

You don't know where I've been Chris, you don't know where I've been!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

illectro posted:

Hah, I get poo poo all the time from fans who accuse me of hating on the game. I'm even getting poo poo from people on twitter for linking CR's letter.
You're good people. I'm sending a rocket to the Mun tonight in your honour.

I've got the suicide part of suicide burn down pat... practice makes perfect!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I assume from the massive flood of posts this morning that something Amusing As Hell has happened?
Dr Smart hid an Eversor assassin in the middle of the board, and its just tossed a melta bomb though CIG's office window.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

Finger pointing has started, Wulf is also busy listing every member of CIG who isn't so white they hurt your eyes.
As long as he's just pointing his finger...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Darkpriest667 posted:

So is Dick Wulf on Suicide watch?
No one wants to watch him in case he gets his cock out again.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Have citizens already committed a ritual mass suicide to get their real ships in the afterlife?
No. Chris wrote an unhinged 18 page rant in which he blames everyone from aliens to the forces of international jewry for Star Citizen's woes, but according to the masses it was a measured and considered response and clearly everything is fine.

e:it's got a z in it.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 2, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

PseudoFaux posted:

While I wait for my refund, can anyone give me few recommendations for a stick to use with Elite Dangerous?
Mouse and keyboard is a pretty good stick. :v:

Budget wise: the Thrustmaster TFlight X is a half decent HOTAS for the price, but it uses pots instead of hall effect sensors, so it can have deadzone issues. The Thrustmaster T16000m and the Defender Cobra M5 are both decent budget sticks (they use hall sensors like more expensive sticks, this makes them very accurate), but they don't come with a separate throttle.

CH products are the pro choice, but their sticks don't have a twist axis.

Saitek X52 pro is okay if you can get hold of one. Don't get an X55, they explode on contact with air.

Go Warthog if you want to spend $TEXAS$.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 2, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

How much is the scrub tier version of the game? That's what I bought
In dollars, or in Chris' internal accounting system?

Works out at about a gram.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

sorla78 posted:

Thanks for your contribution Shrach, is there any procedure that allows for exceptional extension without running risk of having to pay the staged penalties?
Yes, but they have to be extremely exceptional... as in Godzilla wrecked your accountant's offices.

Otherwise it's "gently caress you, pay me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

sorla78 posted:

Regarding their CFO - I found that guy on linkedin a while ago can't remember his name - but he worked as Finance Director at one of the EA studios before.
I think their CFO might currently be moonlighting as Derek Smart's lawyer.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

is this a part of CIG's standard interview practice or something?!
Doesn't explain Lesnick.

Maybe Chris does like hairy twats, and overruled her.

(too far?)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I was talking about his face!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Hi, you should invite Dick Wulf onto your radio show too, just so we can get both sides of the story.
But for gently caress's sake don't ask for a picture.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

Moist accomplished things
Only after Vetinari threatened to hang him, before then he was just a con man.

You see a Vetinari in this story?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Agrajag posted:

what does this mean?
So no one can use archive.org to find out where they've changed their story.

Looks like they're going full North Korea over there to make sure no one can disturb their prize whales before milking time is done.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

kikkelivelho posted:

This is really ruining my immersion.
I wouldn't worry too much, it's not like you'll ever have to play it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Onmi posted:

Except by my recollection that violates an NDO, and it would simply take CiG checking their 'Sent' box for the matching text to sue any whistle blowers. Am I correct?
Unless she does it so often she's got a set of standard abusive emails on standby, then yeah it'd be trivially loving easy to discover who the recipient was.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I'm going to keep feeding that goose gold until it lays golden eggs.
I'm going to keep giving this goose farmer gold that he says he's feeding his goose. He says the golden eggs are definitely around the corner, no more than two weeks! He also said that any rumours the goose is in fact dead are vicious unsubstantiated lies.

Also, he asked me if I liked the new sports car he acquired in a completely unrelated venture to golden eggs, and then he offered to sell me some really cheap goose liver. What a guy!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Octopode posted:

Lots of independent, verified people, for instance, gave similar facts and stories about Saddam Hussein's WMD programs following the first Gulf War. Those stories turned out not to be true. The same might be true here, but no one can say for certain or not without at least attempting to prove the story, as presented by one side only, wrong.
No they didn't. It all came from a single extremely unreliable source that the US and UK governments chose to believe because it aligned with their agenda.

There were lots of independent, verified people saying they didn't have them. Including a UN weapons inspector, and an English expert who killed himself because he was being hounded by government goons to change his loving story.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 3, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I like how he reinforces his point about the Escapist's bad journalism by reiterating a lie he found on reddit as a fact.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Has everyone forgotten this?

http://youtu.be/blPpnnSOiwk
Well, I had.

Thanks alot rear end in a top hat!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Okay, it's Sunday afternoon here, I'm going to assume it's getting close to Sunday morning on the other side of the pond too.

Is typing up threats of a lawsuit smack bang in the middle of the weekend standard legal practice? Were they hoping the Escapist's legal advisor(s) would be off work, and whoever they left in charge would just panic and pull the story?

de_dust posted:

i want to get desperately personally invested in a video game
Do you have $20,000 lying around? There's still time for you to sign up to this shitshow!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I personally won't be satisfied until she's given Morgan Freeman a job. :colbert:

Whether he wants one or not.

e: or Derek Smart! :v:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yes, absolutely, if your purely hypothetical butthurt cokehead of a client is all in a tizzy you get that poo poo done asap
But ASAP would've been Friday?

Instead Roberts spent eight hours writing a personal love letter to the Escapist instead.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I need to be able to not sleep do I don't miss all the hilarious stuff that happens
It'll still be on fire tomorrow, don't worry about it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

brakanjan posted:

Oh well I will have to add that to my time travelling list just under kidnapping Hitlers dog.
You think he was a bad influence?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

We need to figure out who the judge in the forthcoming trial will be and make them a goon and see if they can hand over the company and all the money to Derek Smart so he can finally make his dream game
How is Dr Smart going to make his dream game with only $325?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gryphon0468 posted:

it's pretty clear the progress SC has made.
Yes it is.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gryphon0468 posted:

Wow you gunes are rabid! I never thought I'd get this crazy enthusiastic response. You all must have a lot of free time on your hands. I'm honoured, really. I'm even on holiday to boot! Thanks fellow gunes for making me feel so welcome :D
Would you care to comment on the directors of CIG UK Ltd being criminally liable because their accounts are overdue?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yeah that's me, so what? I didn't make it a secret I am a SC fan. I must say your journalistic digging skills are quite impressive. I hear there's gonna be an opening at the Escapist soon.
You still haven't commented on the financial improprieties of CIG's UK companies?

They're being fined as we speak. The directors are at risk of criminal prosecution if it carries on.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bolow posted:

GoT needs to wrap it the gently caress up so HBO can go full steam ahead with the Foundation series
The what now?

As in Asimov?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

i would have spent that money on a nice vacation or something myself. do you feel that spending 2000 dollars on a videogame is a good idea?
He didn't spend 2000 dollars on a videogame.

Check and mate, goons! :smug:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

:awesomelon:

nopantsjack posted:

Foundation was kind of poo poo.
I'll loving cut you!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

You gotta be loving kidding me...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Roberts' mother appeared on the store somewhere down the line.

"SEE YOU IN THE VERSE MOM!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

brakanjan posted:

I am curious. Could someone demand a refund if they purchased one of those?
"My question mark arrived in the post but it was just an exclamation mark that'd had its top bent round. Very disappointing, 0/5 would not buy again."

• Locked thread