Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Serious spaceship talk: if you're selling your space jpgs instead of refunding them, who're the internet fences you want to talk to about "moving some poo poo"?

EDIT: Kudos to OP, as an aside. Excellent post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Remember, burgers are like steaks - either salt your meat well in advance of cooking or just before you cook.

Don't salt while mixing meat and forming patties and then throw onto heat 10 minutes later. The Burger Gods frown on this.

If adding bacon, it is a Good and Joyful thing to either make triangles out of bacon before frying or a weave. None of that X-shaped Wendy's crap.

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 30, 2015

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Prawned posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you, steak cooking 101 is don't salt before cooking.

You can definitely salt it before, this is especially useful with tougher/less high-end cuts of meat.

The trick is to do it at least 45 minutes to an hour before hand. The salt starts to bring the water out of the meat and then brines before being re-absorbed. The longer you let it rest, the more fully it re-absorbs. Makes it more tender and seasons it all the way through.

Anyone who wants to try their hand at cooking steaks for the first time without worrying about ruining an expensive cut of meat, just buy a normal rump steak or new york strip, salt both sides and let it rest on a rack in the fridge for a few hours/overnight. Then cook as usual the next day.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Poor Guy Doesn't Understand How Reddit Works posted:

What happened that 7 employees are so disgruntled they are trying to destroy this game, this company, and their careers in the process?
I keep seeing the defense that the Escapist article doesn't matter because those 7 sources were just "disgruntled ex employees conspiring against the company" - even Christ Roberts himself said this
Uhh, that's horrible! Something has to have seriously gone wrong for 7 - SEVEN - employees to be so mad at this game/company that they will literally conspire to try and destroy it. This DESTROYS their careers in the process if the things they said aren't true
I don't really understand how this makes it so we shouldn't worry about what those people had to say.. I'm worried more! The only thing I can think of that would annoy people so much to do this, is if their allegations about the working conditions were true. I know I am just going to get downvoted and messaged telling me to kill myself, but if at least one of you could maybe not deflect and actually address some of these points directly for me, that'd be great. I have autism and sometimes have trouble understanding things, especially when people lie about them (which I am sorry, but SC fans simply are - whether or not these allegations are true. There have been a LOT of lies.)
I back this game and really want a good space game, but I think serious concerns have been raised and I think the responses to them have been unprofessional and disturbing at best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nhm9s/drama_megathread/cvpfgqz

It's amazing that even things that look sincere get treated like they're troll accounts.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nn3g5/drama_megathread/cvrtcau

Some Totally Random Redditor posted:

If you have to watch out from anyone, it's that Peter Gabriel guy over there, last I heard he was staging an uprising in Goonrathi, total nutcase if you ask me...

Samsung supremacy!

Take my money pgabs.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Cashed out on the grey market today. Now, should the game ever come out, I've got enough to buy it full price AND still come out money ahead. Or else this thing implodes and I am a mere spectator watching from the stands. Either way, win/win.

Also Red Alert 3 had Jenny McCarthy it in playing Tanya. My brain has fond memories of recognizing the girl on the old man's Playboys from ages past now yelling at me via my computer screen.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, remember one thing as this all goes forward:

Godspeed gentle goon. Do not go quietly into the night.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Seraph has returned,
Prompting glorious haiku.
This thread delivers.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Follow the money
Winding, Roberts to Lowtax,

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I want a haiku

In one of the threads a few people wrote them about me

Iron bars conceal
Eyes of maniacal joy
Inmate or jailer?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Zeike posted:

thats why hes been quiet

And after all the haiku we wrote, did anyone get an av?

Tip for anyone trying to grey market their stuff, sell direct yourself - it might seem easier to list on a store, but my experience was you end up waiting a while since they carry so much stock. Pick your price, throw them out there yourself, and deal with internet randos who may or may not shaft you (or send you pics of their shaft).

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

I am just sitting here waiting for DickWulf to slander my friend, which would in turn prove his involvement - how else would he know who the blocked out name is? If he did not email her, how does he magically contact her? The DickLancer? A clever guess among 1,000,000 backers? I look forward to his denial when he snaps and lashes out.

Good times. See you in the 'Verse pilots!

Wait did someone drop this on him in the brown sea anywhere? I want to :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

My Cutlass + LTI has been on the gray market for over a week and nobody has shown any interest at all. I'm starting to panic! PANIC I SAY :ohdear:

What's your asking price? I sold mine for 160$ but it was bundled with an LTI 325a, which seemed like what most people were interested in.

• Locked thread