Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

thatguy posted:

Guys I was wrong. Apparently CIG did send me a message at 12:18 today but I guess it went into my spam folder. Probably because it's almost an exact copy of the one I got last week.
owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Degs posted:

Man, what happened
it didnt work

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Eldragon posted:

I still have a ship left. Please regale me with more tales about how I'm being scammed, bad with money, and otherwise an idiot. :allears:
Nah you're actually all good. It's fine. You'll like it a lot.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
gift cards costing more than the amount they're worth isn't that unusual but lmao@the idea of buying SC giftcards

Unormal posted:

Haha, I can't imagine how many amazing space games would have resulted if you split up a 90 million dollar fund to a ton of indie devs. Pretty depressing :(
:(:hf::(

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
star shitizen

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Of loving course, no one knows how much longer this charade will go on. If you do not sell/refund you're burning money

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would not back this game just yet.
lol

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
god star citizen owns

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmaoooooooooooo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Irrational Man posted:

If Sandi were a man there would be no mention of her to begin with,
[citation needed]

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

dreams are happening now

why do these nerds care so much about space sims anyways

they're ok at best

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Randarkman posted:

also, PC gaming isn't dead. And I have no idea why they keep saying that.
because they only care about spaceships and it doesn't matter to them that indie gaming outside of crowdfunded shitshows like SC is the best it has been in a long time

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Randarkman posted:

Far as I can gather, the X-Wing games, and especially TIE-Fighter were much better than the Wing Commander series.
This is true and I don't really understand what people see in WC

I've heard a couple people say it's more 'realistic' which, lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

sakeyake posted:

They're expecting this to be the ultimate science fiction life simulator where people who pre-ordered a fleet of $900 fake ships will live like space emperors and poo poo on all the jerks who only spend $50 on the game.
that sounds very boring

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alchenar posted:

Wing Commander was one of the first games to really drive storytelling into the heart of the game. Before Wing Commander (and for quite a while afterwards) if story existed in your game it typically existed purely as part of your hundred page hefty manual. Actually telling a story as part of a game and part of the gameplay was a revolutionary step forwards.
That doesn't seem to be what SC people are interested in though. There's basically no talk of attempting to make SC have a coherent narrative or anything.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hey guys who should we get to be in our video while trying to reassure our entire fanbase that we're not wasting literally millions of dollars

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
there's your thought failure right there.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sappo569 posted:

Guess it had the intended effect, the brown sea noticed their 'token black guy'

omfg

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Octopode posted:

You should try being more successful in your life. It opens lots of possibilities.
burning money on star citizen is the opposite of successful

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
thread peaked

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Gryphon0468 posted:

Well done you deduced that I'm a new account. That happens sometimes you know.
realtalk star citizen has promised things that would be utterly ridiculous even by themselves, even if the company had its poo poo together. why do you think that this game will ever be anything like what they've said it will be

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Gryphon0468 posted:

until CIG releases exactly what they said they would.
like be real here

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2e2vk5/keeping_em_honest_take_ii_a_breakdown_of_claims/

do you actually believe they'll deliver on all that poo poo? if you do, you're an idiot

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
isn't "kek" a WoW thing or something

just say lol like a normal human being

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no but thats the joke you see and furthermore durhuuuuuuuuuur

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
he's making a doozy all right

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I said come in! posted:

A lot of people should also probably understand that those kickstarters are actually in fact already funded by private investors that you never hear about. Despite the impression given off by gaming kickstarters, most of the time those are just acted as pre-orders and nothing else, even the ones that claim reaching certain goals will mean more features.
yeah like, most of the examples of successful kickstarters like FTL were actually by far mostly funded by bigger investors and the crowdfunding aspect isn't actually primarily to raise money, it's to get people more invested and interested in the product

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Solvency posted:

Inter species breeding (if this is your thing)
do you mean like pokemon or like bad mass effect fanfiction

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lol

it doesn't look like he's actually throwing it at all it just, goes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
did anything really funny happen these past 500 posts

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
CAMERA SHAKES from a massive explosion. It’s like we’re in a different world.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why the gently caress are there multiple derek smart reddits

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

OhDearGodNo posted:

Like refusing to hire people with pubic hair?
why the gently caress do people keep saying things like this itt

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
did I miss something. did CIG put out a newsletter about pubes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Justin Tyme posted:

Read the Escapist article, apparently one of CIG's hiring policies courtesy of Sandi is to turn women down who look like they might have hairy vaginas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dante80 posted:

Speaking of this..is it true that Roberts said the PU will ship final with 50 star systems? I think I read that somewhere..
70, iirc

• Locked thread