Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

As I said before the only spaceship pictures I own are gifted. I am 0$ in SC. And my comments regarding Sandi are about DS dragging her kid(s) into it. I am a father of a two year old girl and if this shithead would drag my family into a fight about a stupid video game I would make sure he regrets it.

I learned about the SA forums some weeks ago from Cpt. Underpants, registered and waited because I had the impression you guys don't like new people that much. And the whole accusing people of sexual harassment thing seemed not right to me (even with this picture I would be careful with something like that). Then I thought a gently caress it, they are funny and let's try to find out more about what goons are like. End of story.

It's 7:15 in the morning and I do not have time to read a cultists bullshit post. BUT I WILL.

Seriously are you gonna go beat him up?

You should probably wait some more before posting. 70 to 90 years should about do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Xaerael posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Karl "literally a worse poster than Darkpriest667" underscore Ramseier.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.. Let's calm down there. NO ONE is a worse poster than I am. I will not have my title stripped from me without some damned good evidence. He's a poo poo poster, sure, but is he as poo poo a poster as I am?

Gwaihir posted:

Whoa whoa whoa let's not throw around things like "Worse poster than Darkpriest667" lightly.

THANK YOU. Jesus. Has everyone lost their minds?

Holy gently caress, if she said "we're not hiring a black girl" that's loving disgusting. It's one thing to be a bitch, but to be racist is a whole different level of piece of poo poo person.

Kimsemus posted:

Pointing out the incompetence of CIG should really put into perspective my own. I think I'm going to ask for a raise. :toot:

poo poo, me too!

Well Forbes is doing their usual reporting of reporting and the faithful have gone to attack them.

LOL @ OP..

So is Dick Wulf on Suicide watch? What is the over under on suicides from this collapse? 5 or 6? I'm going to go with the over.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Star Citizen: Derek Smart happened motherfucker

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Nauta posted:

what the gently caress just happened here im not reading 300 pages of new posts

NO you will read through the misery like the rest of us for the few gold nuggets that exist!! It is your obligation and duty as a goon.

Also Gryphon, stop trying to outshitpost me. It's not going to happen. Just because you were dumb enough to give 2500 bucks to this scam, which was more than I paid for my last car that still runs (It's real and I can actually use it unlike the game), does not give you the right to come in here and start trying to shitpost so badly it makes me look good. That's unacceptable.

Beer will school you on Star Citizen, he knows more about it's development than Christ Roberts does.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Nauta posted:

ok i did it

don't you feel better?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
I made it to the end! I love ending a day and coming home and reading 12 more pages of drama. Keep it up goons.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

no_recall posted:

Eve was one of the best gaming experiences I had, second only to lanparty classics like CS (pre 1.0), WC3 DotA and SC1.

Too bad I'm older now with kids, might jump back in when I retire, if Eve still exists then.

Eve and Everquest are the best two MMOs I ever played. Hell I didn't even mind being blown to poo poo by suicide gankers in High Sec... WHAT A RUSH...

I may actually resub to EVE when school is out for summer.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

no_recall posted:

It'll make you forget the dream of Star Citizen. Beware of conversion.

Early access, and has some bugs. Cheap.

You've convinced me.. I've downloaded it.. The catch is, that it's actually a game unlike Star Citizen.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

quote:

LEGAL THREATS, POSTURING & INTIMIDATION

“This section of the blog contained a lot of material that legal felt were best removed as they were suited in a legal complaint. So it’s a bit skinny from the original version“.

Proceeds to write 15 paragraphs.

god drat ... Derek Smart.. you loving deliver dood.. Derek Smart is the ALPHA Goon. The one we need AND deserve.

quote:

In fact, only an incompetent media person would use me as a source

SEE DEREK can be humble!

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Hopper posted:

You do realize being the "Alpha goon" is not really something anybody would want, right?

We can create a new title for Derek Smart if you like.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Derek, question:

Could you ask LEGAL if there is any chance or ground to stand on to have a class action lawsuit? They've sold a product to nearly a million people that hasn't been delivered.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Beer you're in the news again.

http://theralphretort.com/i-smell-a-rat-with-star-citizen-1007015/

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Kegslayer posted:

Hey buddy, I work in finance and what you're describing is utter insanity.

Adding to what's already been said, I'm not sure how much experience you have with investing much less VC type stuff but the balance of power should always be with the investor and you should always be able to see their books. It's your money and you're here to make a profit, not play a video game so acting like a trained house pet is a terrible idea. At the very least you should be demanding independently audited financial statements.

I'm not sure how much you're in for but seriously, drop whatever you're doing now and go find a financial advisor, an accountant and a lawyer, put them all in the same room and get professional help.

I'd second this strongly.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wafflz posted:

When the game gets cancelled you lose them all.

:boom:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think allegations of fraud and embezzlement justify a more serious inquiry.

In general they do, but especially if you are a VC. It's possible that something illegal happened with your money. I'd sure as hell want to know about it. I only invest in SPDR ETFs. 8 to 15% is fine with me.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Anders doesn't like me either, who gives a poo poo?

The fact is the most reasonable person in this entire group, the most level-headed by far, was banned for simply posting an opinion contrary to the PR release. That's pretty lovely and should tell you the route this game is on. After this weekend I will probably issue a charge back to my bank. Why deal with these assholes at all?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Eonwe posted:

I'm glad of your chargeback

Are you going to buy me that lovely game you keep trying to get us all to play or not? I looked it up and it will have a subscription. It better be lots of tears from pubbies for that.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Eonwe posted:

It's f2p on launch, sub entirely unnecessary

In my state of sleep deprivation (which is common during the fall and winter and spring) I must not have read that. It looked totally sub to me. I might check it out this weekend.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
In a twist of fate, today is world mental health day.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
This sounds like a resignation letter.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Australian confirmed.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Paladinus posted:

Lol, a woman gives her flowers.

should have been a black woman

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
LOL she didn't let him kiss her on the mouth that awkward side turn

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

cravius posted:

Sandi is literally running this company isn't she?

It took you this long to figure that out?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

G0RF posted:

That is fascinating and I admit, even plausible, though it includes one potential flaw-- Sandi really can't act. All that emotion, the faltering voice, the eruption of her native "throw anotha shrimp on the barbee" accent-- it really did seem like a moment of genuine, unfeigned vulnerability. I suppose it's possible it was all an act-- I don't doubt she'd have the will to pull a con like that, but it's harder to believe she'd have the skill.

I agree with this and said so on the mumble. That was genuine and she was about to resign.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Parafin posted:

So I thought I'd do an extremely low ball budget per month to see where RSI and CIG stands at this point.

First off, they have probably opened a line of credit that can continue to expand, especially since they are showing revenue and continued interest in their product. I'm guessing total credit available is around $150m to $200m and can continue to grow from there. Revenue is different than profit, mind; since they are (rapidly) spending money and not really showing any returns at this point, everything can be written off tax wise. So another bonus there.

People thinking that Chris and the top level execs will be hurt by the eventual collapse of his company, I have some bad news for you. He'll walk away, totally unscathed, with a hefty sum of backer cash left in his bank accounts. He gets paid (which I'll get into below) and his wife gets paid, and really all the executives there are getting paid a lot of money even if the company fails or the game doesn't come out or comes out and is total poo poo.

Let's start with the Santa Monica office:

30 to 50 employees - Avg. Salaries $25k each (extremely low estimate)
5 managers/executives - Avg. Salaries $50k each (same as above)

Each employee needs around 40sqft minimum to operate -- depending on layout and structure, this can be increased to 100sqft. Estimating breakrooms, common areas, bathrooms and reception, this comes out to roughly 80sqft per employee. This does not include management/executive offices, which are generally 300sqft but we'll lowball to 100sqft.

Santa Monica is prime real estate, especially since they are two blocks from the beach. My estimates don't include parking spaces for employees (yes, you have to buy those too) or other services like internet, power or water (some utilities can be paid for by the building owner) or healthcare costs or a ton of other poo poo the company has to flip the bill for. Right now, a really extremely low estimate of office space price/sqft in that area is $20 (more likely a lot more). Let's see what the numbers add to per month:

Office Space: $75,000/m (roughly 3700sqft calculated)
Salaries: $105,000/m (40 employees estimated)
Total/month for LA: $180,000 ($2.15m/year)

This is probably the lowest you can go. If I was to guess, salary and office space are at least twice that if not more. Just looking how they furnished the offices leads me to believe they are spending a lot of money on playing pretty dress up.

For the UK office, I cut the sqft price by half but increased the staff to around 125, including 10 executives. Slashed salaries by $5k/m but kept executive pay roughly equal. I also slashed the sqft minimum per employee to 50sqft (basically a very, very small cube and no frills when it comes to reception or breakrooms).

Office Space: $70,000/m (7000sqft estimate)
Salaries: $250,000/m
Total/month for UK: $320,000 ($3.8m/year)

Again, this is the bare estimate. The lowest possible operating cost.

For Germany, it's sitting pretty small right now with about 20 employees. So the costs there are negligible compared to the other studios. I kept the price per sqft and salaries the same as the UK:

Office Space: $10,000/m
Salaries: $40,000/m
Total/month for Frankfurt: $50,000 ($600k/y)

Also talking to a Hollywood producer friend I asked if she could give me the lowest estimate on the Squadron 42 movie shoot numbers:

Cast: $8m to $10m
Tech: $5m to $10m
Post: Varies wildly the longer its in post production, could be as small as $2m and as much as $20m

So CIG is roughly spending, at minimum, $6.5m a year and probably spent around $13m to $20m to produce SQ42. As for Chris, my boss of a 25 man company that pulls in less than $10m a year makes about $350,000. Roberts is probably pulling down 3 times that.

These are all minimum numbers; If I'd have to do my best guess, I'd say the company is probably pumping out at around $15m - $20m a year in overhead. They can probably keep this up until around 2017 or 2018 with the credit line they have available.

I'm just curious where you got the rent numbers from, you're forgetting so much stuff. payroll taxes. In the U.S. Social Security and Medicare. You're forgetting that they blew millions on a mocap studio. You're also wildly underestimating the commercial rent cost in Santa Monica and the UK.

Line of credit wise, I'm unsure who would take the risk of lending them money. Perhaps 3 years ago they could have secured a line of credit, I doubt it was 150m it was probably closer to 50, at this point I am very sure that no reasonable corporate creditor would lend them money.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

McGiggins posted:

What the gently caress happened to this thread?

I am one week and 300 pages behind. Is there a god-tier summary or am I slogging through the poop?

No you have to read it like the rest of us!!

Seriously TLDR... Derek Smart happened, Citizen CON happened (they have not poo poo to show as Derek Smart predicted), a new ship is for sale, and cultists are saying that the showing of a few pre scripted events prove that Derek Smart is an idiot who knows nothing.

Also Beer is banned from the CIG forums now.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I remain amazed at the capability of this thread to deliver.

You of all people should not.

Also Star Citizen: An offer you can't refuse

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

Truth be told, I'm not. I have better things to do with my time. I backed this project in 2012 because, like ED, I wanted to see it succeed and at the fidelity promised.

So this begs the question: What do you think of Elite: Dangerous? I played Frontier and liked it a lot. I love E:D. I honestly felt like BC 3000 was a spiritual successor to First Encounters (Elite 3)

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

LCL-Dead posted:

I started trying to catch up with this thread at 0700 this morning. It's now past noon and, after checking, I'm still 4000 and some change behind.

Is there a good summary of CitizenCon I can get somewhere that's not reddit? (Or if Reddit is the only source, can it get PM'd to me? Reddit is blocked at work)

Did they release any new dates or ideas?

I saw the Gary Oldman trailer and it felt weak as gently caress to me and the 2.0 preview they played through, while it had some promising elements, also looked weak as gently caress. How do you spend years and years on getting the animations just right but your character's can't even point in the right direction while walking? The jittering from the turret gunner's POV was also annoying as poo poo.

Any word on if the Redeemer will be featured in 2.0 or are they still releasing pretty much only the Constellation and Retaliator?

I am now on day 18 of waiting for my refund. It has been 13 days since CIG has responded to an email.

e: According to my hangar I've spent $740 on the game but I believe most of it was taking other people's money or ships and upgrading them to LTI way back when that was still possible. Counting the one ship in my hangar and the items I bought for the hangar I may have about $350 worth of assets.

I literally started hysterically laughing after reading htis. You poor bastard. You can't sleep on this thread or it becomes unmanageable.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Dante you know me from OCN, I am the one that STARTED the official Elite: Dangerous Thread. I've played probably 150 hours of the damned game and it's fun as gently caress.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

I hope you sent that in because it will help us track what caused it.

RIGHT? how dare you have an actual bug report tool integrated into your test build. Seriously this is all I wanted from SC and they couldn't even get that poo poo right. They didn't even have a public loving JIRA.

I don't want a LOD key. I'll buy it on the 20th when I get paid. You deserve the money more than CIG. You actually produced something playable with less money and people.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Gwaihir posted:

You're really fighting dorkpriest and odgn for the worst poster award aren't you.

let's just calm down there. It's well known all over SA that I am the worst poster.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Ok. I'm home now.
I can answer questions if you have any for my day of drama that started at 5am... with an email from the Jezebel of JPGs herself.

I'm not sure if you care about me, but Derek Smart is tentatively scheduled to call into my show on Saturday.
I'll post up if he's confirmed to call in. You, too can join in the fun!

I'm sorry I am a poo poo poster and forgot where the link to your show was. can you please relink it. you've mentioned it like 6 times and I fail to remember seeing a link for it.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Raskolnikov posted:

In celebration of my RSI account being closed and a refund put into action, come on to teamspeak and talk about circle jerks or some bullshit about this game tonight at 7pm PST. If we get 5-10 goons in here I will post the full seven pages of Dickwulf being a slimeball in this very thread. As a stretch goal we might even fish up the email where he threatens to sue my friend for liable.

Teamspeak3: 63.210.145.186:9199 password: lemon

Come by in 1 hour from this post or sooner if you're bored, I will be there drinking wine watching Last Week Tonight and reading this thread and later on my sexually harassed friend will be on! Ask her for her email address, send her a freelancer! ;) don't that is creepy!

Why you all haven't shown up just so we get the "full monty" is bewildering me. Do you folks not want all of the stuff on dick wulf or not?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
done. it's on you goons.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
That teamspeak delivered on so many levels.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
drat Derek talks a lot LOL

In reference to Chris Roberts response letter - "I would never write that. I would NEVER write that and I'm Derek Smart."

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Anders is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Are we still talking about Star Wars? Cuz I've been playing Jedi Knight 2 for the first time in like 13 years and it's still probably the best Star Wars game.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 absolutely. When it was still on an official ladder I was ranked along with my brother in the top 5. Against rules to play against anyone that lived with you so we never could match each other. FUN FUN game.

• Locked thread