Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
It's me, I am Derek Smart's inside source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Rushing the development process:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

Oh look at that, an unfinished Alpha has bugs, who'd have thunk it?

What ships do you own?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

OhDearGodNo posted:

People seem to be surprised over how crazy the SC cult is.

Has everyone forgotten this?

http://youtu.be/blPpnnSOiwk

I hope Reddit remembers.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ne6tr/lost_chris_roberts_interview_resurfaced/

Mods are sticking up for the furries.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol /r/starcitizen put a 10 minute delay between posts if you're not subscribed to the subreddit

They also removed our precious goon vid. :(

https://youtu.be/pGRsEF953n0

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

Welp people actually went aroind IRL investigating and found out that RSI Space Industries or whatever Croberts calls his retarded company spent more than 8 thousand dollars at a single dunkin dounuts since the physical office building was started.

8 loving grand, what can you buy at DD that will set you back 8 grand on the reg for only like a year or so.

That was Ben's wedding present.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Do you guys want to harvest a lot of tears in a real game, soon? Like, with goons who already know the game and want to teach you and want to help everyone harvest the maximal amount of tears?

Join us for Albion. The combat isn't amazing, but the community is hilariously thin skinned and we have had a lot of fun so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzC5GKpEIc

Thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727351

Beta starts in November, runs through till launch.

This is very tempting.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I don't get the airhorn joke. The only airhorn masta I know is Nick Fuzzeh, champion of B-R.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I am still waiting for my space refund

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

All this, oblivious to the fact that there's no loving game to plug the cutscenes into.

This is the most insightful thing I have ever seen you post. Mind you, I don't read your blogs in depth but take it for what it's worth. Thanks for being Derek Smart.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Hendrik reminded me of the time he did a write up on the grey market on TMC and all the whales lost their poo poo because "grrr goons ruin everything." Good times.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/68600/article-by-themittani-com-exploring-star-citizen-s-grey-market

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

ocrumsprug posted:

Have we started predictions on Citcon yet?

I predict a new funding campaign to pay for celeb VA. Each funding level will have additional talent added to the game.

We already have Mark Hamill, who else do we need? Brendan Fraiser?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

delete boot.ini

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Maltag posted:

You don't know anything about me. However you seem to have purchased an avatar about this game and read this 9000 page thread filled with idiots arguing about coffee.

How do you have a 2007 reg date but still post like this is r/starcitizen?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow!! That's 1hr of my life I'm never loving getting back! Don't you bastards have LIVES! Oh wait! Nevermind.

Anyway, I just caught up from page 212 and my brain is fried, my eyes bloodshot and I think my rear end is fused with the chair seat.

Oh, tomorrow is CitCon. I'm going to bed early so I can be up bright and early ready for the shenanigans. Follow my Twitter feed as I'm going to be trolling them through the whole thing.

luv u 2 bb

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
We are reporting everyone who makes death threats for Derek right?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Please post that to reddit and link the thread.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Generation Internet posted:

I left a comment on my support ticket and finally got a reply, after sending my first E-mail on October 4th:

It sounds a bit more terse than some other replies I've seen in here.

That is the exact reply I got, word for word on my first email.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Is supposed to be parody? Is this real? Like -- people are doing this and not being funny or ironic?

No matter the answer, they all horrify me.

I cross posted the vid to Reddit but I think the mods insta-blocked it. Can't find it under "new."

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Redwalrus photo shops and Sandy's awkward tweets.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Man the amount of "I'm disappointed" and "well he's a goon" posts are loving comical.

Scott Manley is a goon hero and I hope someone is saving the reddit posts for the future chapter 11 montage.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Holy shitsnacks!

DOOZY CONFIRMED!

Derek Smart is calling into my show Saturday at noon eastern.

You should join in the fun, too.

See you in the 'verse!

I would like a coke with my shitsnacks.

(Holy poo poo that joke works on 3 levels.)

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Gimmie context, this obviously isn't the letter in its entirety

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

It really is and he really did make it for internet points. :cripes:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Well, it's a weak rear end subject anyway. So gently caress you, CashEnsign for the initial derail. And all of us that bought into it.

I was just wondering if any of those mugs had Star Citizen connections.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
So I got my refund finally, am I eligible for Goonrathi now?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Eonwe posted:

im starting my own Goonrathi and you're in

Star Citizen is gonna be awesome. My wildest dreams have come true.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Thank you for finding this, it's a treasure. Gonna screencap the whole thing before it's deleted.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Betty better deliver and post some screenies of the heist.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
The money went to CIG for the development of the game so Reddit still wins. We lost guys :negative:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I just want to see proof of pixel ships. :colbert:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Marmadouche posted:

in an effort to figure out wtf star citizen is, i just read most of this thread and something like 15 articles on this game's development and controversy and this became pretty much teh best day of my life as a result

what i don't understand is how they could've actually burned through all that money without periodically confronting psychologically & existentially its inevitable backfire. like, did they just have an ivan karamazov plan after their money ran out? were they going to jim jones CIG? or did they think they were going to be able to crowdfund indefinitely by using the money they received to market for even more donations into hellish ouroboric lunacy???

good references

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Got my refund today, only took 3 weeks.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
How did you nerds run off derek?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
What happened to Eonwe and Beer ohgod this thread is full of plebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
oh god someone hold me. wrap me in reality and never let me go.

• Locked thread