Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wulfling posted:

I miss the old WMH with Eric and Rob and Mark.

TBH, its the only reason I watch Wingman, just for the shits and giggles from Wingman blowing off steam from all the stress from the Hangar module.

And.... that's the only module that was released on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

:captainpop:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Unfortunately I can't seem tell if they just smashed 2 concepts together to form this "Science SpergBoat", and the texturing work (for a concept) seems a fair bit lazy. Looks like a Hull series had a baby with the Carrack.

See this vimeo reel?
https://vimeo.com/140858786

Everyone's gonna find themselves a comet!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

So, when to expect to play this?

The $90 million dollar question.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

ErKeL posted:

gently caress. I totally forgot about this party. Is it still possible to sell off my crap I paid into 2 years ago for a profit or has that virtual ship sailed?

Its all in the brilliant OP.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

dude wants to make movies and sandi wants to star in them

Destined for B-grade or worse for their entire careers, rip.

Sandi in B Movies with R-Rated scenes? :yosbutt:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
And a particle accelerator to discover new elements.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone think CR will survive Shark Tank?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This is the first game to present awesome writeups about their "emerging gameplay" than actually show gameplay.

And make money from it.

Best game ever.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Cowman posted:

what the hell is star citizen even supposed to be? a space mmo with thousand dollar ships that get blown up and you're gently caress out of money? Isn't that what EVE does?

It's supposed to be better as it's skill based. So let the tears flow.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I don't know, perhaps playing ED falling asleep because of the boredom grind this game is, hitting the keyboard Alt f4 and then accidentally clicking on the SC icon just to wake up hearing Derek Smart screaming will be enough for people paying money?

Elite : Dangerous is a good game.

Star Citizen has better plot.

No competition whatsoever.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like CIG didn't tick off a single thing on this to do list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2e2vk5/keeping_em_honest_take_ii_a_breakdown_of_claims

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I personally think CIG is not breaking any laws, just yet. Perhaps we're splitting hairs a bit too often.

BUT, considering the TOS I accepted means Nov 2015 should be their delivery date. I haven't accepted another TOS from them since, then if undelivered, they would have broken their own TOS.

Amirite?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Plot twist. Forget the Vanduul. DS is the villain for S42.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
These JPG's keep coming back on my HDD though

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Wait I lost track of the thread, Battletech as in Mechwarrior? Someone doing a new game?

Mechwarrior = Mech Pilot

Battletech = Universe Mechwarriors exist in.

Battletech Game = Tabletop minature turn based strategygame. (some nerds may argue its RPG but whatever)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The brown sea is awesome.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

How much you in for mate?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Oh okay. Literally everything I know about uh Battletech I guess comes from MW2 and MW2 Mercs on PC from the golden years of my childhood :v:

You should play Mechcommander, the first one.

Then think about if you would like a turn based version, that should answer most of your questions regarding the new BattleTech KS.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
A ton of kool-aid right there. Help yourselves!

:frogc00l:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hopper posted:

We went out with friends for dinner yesterday. Had to wait for him to "land his E:D spaceship first". Took a good 5 minutes, but only because he already was on his way to wherever he needed to land. Apparently you can't save in space.

Is this true? That would be poo poo in a game. My time is limited.

Untrue, you can log off anytime anywhere as long as you're out of combat for a while.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
1000+ posts in the past 24 hours.

Just caught up with it all. You guys are either insane, or this is the best social game ever: intrigue, plot twists, terminations, horrible bosses, hazardous environments. This game has it all!

Star Citizen has already graced us with its awesomeness even when it's vaporware.

Also, every batman CRoberts needs his joker DSmart

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Thus the plot thickens.

:munch:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SerCypher posted:

Nothing

Because it's not going to be released in any meaningful way.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/star-citizen-employees-speak-out-on-project-woes-crash-and-burn.html

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Sir Derek Smart, You have successfully attached Star Citizen to your name.

People from this point forward will say Star Citizen and your name together, these two will never separate.

Are you proud of this accomplishment?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can't possibly imagine what motivates them.

The dream. Sadly, if the essay about artists ownership of assets (for their own resumes / porfolios), is true. Add to it with these reports, they're probably innocent people that were tricked into the cult. Just like how Scientology works. You don't know until you're out.

Which rarely happens.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I assumed their motivation was not getting fired.

How dare you assume they can't ship a game beer while being happy, motivated and inspired?! :argh:

fake edit: I think I'm going to puke.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

This can't be real anymore.

Star Citizen is GOTY.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hi. gently caress you.

:newlol:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd just like to say that, as far as I'm concerned, this is the greatest thread in the history of gaming.

Brought to you by Star Citizen.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/10/03/lets-take-apart-this-letter-that-chris-roberts-wrote-to-the-escapist/

Good read. :munch:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Someone please tell me this game will finally launch at Citizen Con.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Here’s what I think

The grey market is allowing this behavior from Star Citizen’s users. They are making money off many different sites selling ships. They have an incentive to want the game pushed back (since the ships will be free), and to attack anyone who questions the legitimacy of what Chris Roberts claims. When their own community mods (not employees) on the official forums do this, the “community” can not be trusted to answer any questions from potential customers. I will be focused on the grey market the next time I write about Star Citizen, consumers have the right to know that those answering questions about this game can potentially be making money from it.

I am disgusted by the way this Chairman treats its potential user base.

I am worried that this will kill the crowdfunding model. Which you can see that I support, fully, when it is used correctly. (see our Kickstarter Roundup)

You can look through these propaganda techniques and find he uses nearly every one of them: http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-propaganda.html

It feels like Chris Roberts is showing signs of being a classic Sociopath.

I find his reply to the Escapist obviously incredibly alarming.

I will never support Cloud Imperium Games, Chris Roberts, or Star Citizen personally due to what has been exhibited here.

I suggest you all look over what this Chairman of this company has said about anyone who has a different opinion than his own and act accordingly.

One thing can be certain:

You will NOT silence us. No matter how many times you try to deflect blame, no matter how many times you attempt to associate all of us together, no matter how many times you attempt to assasinate all of our characters. We will not be quiet. Show your books, Chris Roberts, and PROVE you have the money to complete this project.

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/10/03/lets-take-apart-this-letter-that-chris-roberts-wrote-to-the-escapist/

Notacult

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I've been wondering what will fill the vacuum after Star Citizen goes boom. I guess new Star Wars movies are coming so people can at least throw their money at plastic ship models instead of jpegs.

Nothing can fill the void of Star Citizen.

See you in the 'Verse.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_orOT3Prwg

Star Citizen.

Edit: Livestreamer from Japan, didn't know how to deal with fire. Hilarity ensues.

Edit2: http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2015/10/05/darwinism-wins-again/

no_recall fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 5, 2015

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Give E:D a few years. It'll work itself out. At the very least its PLAYABLE, and persistent.

Unlike this awesome all encompassing game we're here for.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I can't comprehend why /r/starcitizen 's initial premise is that "CIG is right".

Can't people deduce for themselves that The Escapist could be RIGHT? Or is this herd mentality a thing on reddit and can't be stopped.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Atoramos posted:

While it's a bummer the rest of the content hasn't yet been delivered, it's a pretty fun game and one of the better examples of delivering a good VR experience. I do hope they manage to deliver on all their promises, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not bothered either. Star Citizen is way more exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

That, and things like that more than anything else, is what turned me off of Star Citizen the first time I looked at it. It's just drat ugly, with way too much going on and no real aesthetic beyond "edgy."

While Elite: Dangerous has little ships that are simple ... and cute. :3:

And doesn't melt your PC.

• Locked thread