Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
I had all my funds pulled from Star Citizen a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Shala posted:

Uh you need an intro post before you're supposed to be allowed to post. Mods?

Hi.
I'm Bluestreak.

I'm an rear end in a top hat from Boston with a low tolerance for tomfoolery and shenanigans.
I run an internet radio station (https://www.beyondthehorizonradio.com) that once was built for Star Citizen players, but then smartened right the gently caress up and diversified while leaving that shitfest behind.

Tomorrow's show will be our final, final goodbye to Star Citizen. Your friend and mine, Beer4TheBeerGod will be calling in so we can review everything that we knew was going on, and laugh over the atrocities in the Escapist comments.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What the gently caress are you doing here then?

This place is occupied by terrible people with awful senses of humor that hurt.
My people.
I'm home.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Hi, you should invite Dick Wulf onto your radio show too, just so we can get both sides of the story.

Maybe even one or two of the ex-cig employees

DickWulf doesn't like me. He thinks I'm an arrogant rear end in a top hat. He's not wrong.

I've had a few on in the past, just not recently. I reached out to a one J***** P*** not too long ago, we'll see if he's interested in calling in.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hey man, I suck at html and css.
I've been meaning to retool the site, but just can't find the give a poo poo to do that right now.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Spaced God posted:

Will there be a recording of this to listen to?

The shows replay in their entirety at Noon and 10pm Eastern M-Friday.
I can't put them up for downloads, as we're licensed and have to follow certain rules.
I could put them up if I went and removed all the music. I may do that, depending on how tomorrow's show goes.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

What about :lesnick: then?

I would love to see (hear) someone actually throw hard questions at someone from CIG, not pre-scripted soft balls

I had the Lesnick on the show once, I refused to ask softball questions, and still got soft, toddler poop consistency non-answers.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tarranon posted:

Do you have an adapter for the .dell plugins? Otherwise the drivers won't flash.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Today's show is going to be SO MUCH FUN.
I have 8 pages of notes.

See you at Noon Eastern!

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

Oh good, Blue's still alive.

Where the hell have you been?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I spent 20 minutes on producing that Sad Booger-eyed dog song.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The fact that they are asking about the escapist article to those who ask for refunds makes me think that CIG does plan on filing a lawsuit.

I don't know about that.
If they do try to take either DS or the Escapist to court over libel or defamation, CIG may have to prove that they had a clean reputation prior to this event.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Preview of the crowd at CitizenCon:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

The same could be said of all religions

EDIT

We have a new game.

I'm going to use this for a basis of SC Drinking game.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Now if only he made one.

:kingsley:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Innerguard posted:

Have all refunds been issued by Stripe or are they depending upon payment method?

Refund usually has to match payment method.
That's how it was with my refunds - I had to dig up an old pre-paid visa that I used a year and a half ago - they wouldn't let me choose the refund method.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Turns out I've got $30 left floating in my account from old .jpg skins that don't exist.
I requested a refund of that $30... let's see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

I didn't ask for it, but this thread... DS and Wulf, and that other guy, and 4-no-3 years, two weeks... it's like a gift that keeps on giving.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Hey can someone repost that really glitchy presentation Chris gave, the one with the crowds going wild over the helmet? (Should've bookmarked but forgot to...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0B0e2U2omg

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
More to come:
https://soundcloud.com/bth_radio/starcitizenboogereyes

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Could someone explain in non-programmer language what it is about Cryengine that makes it bad for a game of this type? Compared to the Unreal engine, or... Uh, I don't know any other game engines of this type. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2phhxu/was_cryengine_3_the_best_choice/

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

Has anybody actually managed to get a refund, and if they have, how long did it take? still not received a reply for my refund for :10bux::10bux::10bux:

It took me a couple of weeks:

Thanks so much for your mail and continued patience!
Whilst we do not dismiss any refund requests out of hand, yours is certainly unusual. I can see that you have been with us for quite a long while now.
Please note that a refund of this magnitude would have to be discussed internally before I can authorise this.
I would be interested to find out why you are requesting such a final request.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ilustforponydeath posted:

How much did you spend?

Doesn't matter. I got all back, except $30 from the VD store, and the cost of that awful Redacted Hoodie, which found its way into the bin.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

C'mon buddy, we're all good friends here.
The important thing is you wised up in time.

She's worried about the magnitude... wait did you give them $88 million?

Funny enough, I requested this refund Mid-August - after GamesCom.
If I had $88M, I'd make my own ponzi, er, video game.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

it took them a month and a half to get back to you? the gently caress mate

Only took them about a week and a half.
Granted, I had to deal with an email from Ortwin - and they attempted to send a refund to the wrong paypal address.
They sent the paypal portion of the refund to the email address associated with my RSI account, not the paypal account.

I had to open another paypal account, just so I could get my money back.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Joe Gillian posted:

If he doesn't post them, goons are just going to run with it anyway.

Tell you what - I'll tell you.

Sometime during my show, Saturday at Noon Eastern.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

crotchgobbler posted:

This is as annoying as those goons who used to tell stories or make comments with hooks like "But that doesn't even compare to that time I woke up with a donkey and a hooker in the same bed," secretly hoping someone would ask them to elaborate. Attention whoring is incredibly lame.

I have to be an attention whore. It's all I got left, man.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Is it between 20 and 30 Endeavours worth of JPEGs?

No. I'm no Dick Wulf.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

Whatever happened to the guy that used his family's Christmas present savings to buy himself and his kid a starship.jpg? I remember that was the first time i ever felt sorry for the people who were suckered into the scam.

From what i remember he was absolutely sure his kid would love the awesome present he got him.

NotACult.Jpg

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

shrach posted:

Presumably if they do not go ahead with this slam dunk lawsuit against The Escapist it proves that all the allegations about Sandi et al are true?

I'm usually a pretty good judge of character... when I met Sandi at the DFM reveal in Boston 2 years ago, I sensed Evil. Actual douchechill/goosebumps EEEEEEEVIL.

Her eyes... they're dead. Like a doll's eyes.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

I'm going with $2,500

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Warcabbit posted:

That's not necessarily true. I spent too much myself, and I know I can set my badge level _below_ what I spent. And I have done so.

$1400

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Game is not pay to win because there are no winners in Star Citizen.

:boom:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It's end of day on the east coast.
Do we get our lawsuit?
Do we? Huh? Do we?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

You know the one aspect about SC's impending failure that I'm really disappointed about is the amount of work from talented mod makers that is going to go to waste. I really wanted to run around on this thing: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5690794/#Comment_5690794

You really think that CIG would actually release anything for private server modding after all the poo poo they've gone through?
You think they'll release the Moon Collider AI?
I don't think private servers were viable as a stand-alone universe in SC a long time ago... these mods can go off and create a portfolio and get gigs elsewhere still.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Shala posted:

I usually read our manual while on the shitter.

Just to make sure I'm up to speed on super elite tactics with other goons when SC totally comes out.

http://imgur.com/a/Qoaxm

Bookmarked for future shitter reading.

Also, yeah, SUN is out of their Kool-Aid addled minds. They take this poo poo WAY too seriously. They made a girl cry over this stupidity.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And here Ben thinks the worst is behind them.

The Shitizens are still talking about the game as though it's going to be released ANY DAY NOW, and not in Two Weeks.
It's honestly scary and embarrassing that these dummies have bank accounts, and are allowed to manage their own finances.

I do wonder how some of them don't drown in the shower.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

he's so close to getting it....

touching the poo?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Read through my recent posts-- there's a transcript of her description of their fateful meeting. It is very strange but partly because she doesn't want to acknowledge that they got married.

I don't want to go back and listen, but I think she told that story when she came on my show back in what I like to call "the day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I fixed it up a little:
#NotACult https://soundcloud.com/bth_radio/starcitizenboogereyes-v2

• Locked thread