Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
Hey guys. It's Vanessa from Information Redux you all led me back here. That and those videos.

You obviously know what I think about this poo poo fest.

We've done this site for a month. poo poo is getting real real right now.

Anyways, I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Exmond posted:

welcome, might i also interest you in the eve guild m'lady

Haven't played eve in a bit but you have caught my interest.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Hey, your article on Roberts rhetoric was cool and good.

Thank you. I had a laugh, then got drunk after.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Agrajag posted:

please take apart more of their "press releases"

see you in the verse

Oh? That might be a good idea. I'll look into them.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

WebDog posted:

I wonder if Roberts will hire Judge Judy...
..who would likely point out that if he hadn't written that insanely long ramble before sending out empty legal threats then he wouldn't have perjured his own case.

I wonder if he screamed at Kevin Costner's legal team in the same way? His own biopage still describes him:

Also if I'm reading that insanely kept Google sheet about RSI funding amounts correctly, it's pretty depressing. They record things in terms you'd use for investments. i.e YoY and QoQ (Year over year / Quarter over quarter) as you'd usually do that as a way to keep track of your investment progress. It kind of fits into that deluded image that the backers are assuming they're getting artisanal spaceships for $900 and so on.

It's like when Steve Jobs died and people projected the iPhone 4S meant "For Steve" and then brought multiple phones to "support Apple in trying times".

Gaming wunderkind that made the best space game ever, ever. WING COMMANDER!

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welcome to THUNDERDOME.

If you're bored try and make a Chris Roberts drinking game.

I really don't want to die.

Potato Salad posted:

They actually want to make sure EA Battlefront provides the real first-draft feel of the likes of E:D and, even moreso, the Dogfighting Module. Problem with Battlefront is that, unlike the DFM, it'll likely get better with time as bugs are fixed, so there's a limited window to work with.

I know. That's what makes it so funny.

VenusRedux fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 5, 2015

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

http://imgur.com/a/XomTs

They just lay their dicks right out there on the table.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

idg whats going on.

The guy that "took down" the escapist is making money selling ships. Which is just the tip of the iceberg.

The glassdoor reviews weren't used as sources and he knew that. Dude has an agenda. $$

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Zeike posted:

lol
Everyone sells ships. Also could you guys not make this game fail, I got some ships to sell tia

Yea everyone has a reason to be an rear end in a top hat when they have a stake in it, especially when they profit.

Ships becoming free means there is incentive to be okay with the game not releasing.

I don't care who makes money from this, I just care when they bullshit me.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
/r/starcitizen is now a glorious place to be. How long since the escapist updated their article? It takes CR 8 hours to write a response so I'm trying to figure out when the poo poo will kick off again.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Sometimes it's hard to blame them. Every time someone is a oval office they throw in more cash.

Romes128 posted:

I think their numbers are bullshit.

I want to believe.

VenusRedux fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 6, 2015

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Jethro_E7 posted:

Good article on John Keefer here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/12314-The-Methods-of-Journalism-Have-Changed-Doing-It-Correctly-Hasn-t

Of course, to share it with the community, I would need to post it in the pooped up "Chairman's response" thread.
To share on reddit, I would need to dump it in a "Drama" thread where it would promptly be downvoted to the bottom.

I guess DS won't have an impact on the greymarket after all. To change what people do, they would need to actually be able to access the knowledge.
Interestingly, he also states that it was not just a "employee card", but ALSO a paystub.

The redditors remain in ignorance, as a whole.

Well how do you expect them to role play when you do that, Derek?

Actually. Now I kinda get why they call everyone DS. He's the only content they have.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

I love how this company got away with saying gently caress you so often for so long.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

oh for fucks sake. We have other things to watch burn.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Back on topic, when I asked him earlier about his article this is what he said:

excellent

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

I was feeling nice yesterday and tried to make them a new ship. They didn't like it. :smith: I don't get it, its got more pixels than some of the ones CIG released already.

Hard to please, some people.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Tarranon posted:

weird...did you tell them it came with lti? how many modules can it support? seems fine to me... :?

That's what I'm doing wrong. I thought it was because It didn't have a space background at first so this is actually the second attempt. Third times a charm.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Does it shoot un-acomplishable estimates and incomplete modules from its blow hole too? If so I'd fly that thing all over the crobertsverse.

I call the blow hole the "Reverse Funnel System".

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Recoome posted:

Fulfil your destiny Beer

Skoll posted:

Star Wars Battlefront is up for preload on Origin if any of you spergs wanna try it.

I imagine since it's something that actually exists...

I'm actually kind of excited for this which means I'll be disappointed.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
E:D went down. What is life?

Also this:

Future looks grim, you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

His mouth looks like an ugly vagina.

• Locked thread