Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

G0RF posted:

Derek's rallying monologue beats the crap out of Oldman's.

thats some craft you got there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's getting there. Give it time. The .03 update due out this Fri adds a lot of user facing features to making it easier for n00bs

yo Derek, when you gonna show yourself in Germany? Your fans here would love nothing more than a few man-beers!

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I have no interest in that. I wrote up a hypothetical comment (below) because people kept accusing me of telling how it was FUBAR, but yet I offered nothing on how to fix it.

This is not like Alganon back in 2010 whereby I got the vote of the majority shareholders and thus I was able to get in, invest, get the game done etc. That game was already almost complete and just need more money and different leadership to take it the final mile.

This is the blog comment you were looking for on how I would fix it. However, from what I know, the Star Citizen project is such a clusterfuck and so far off, that it's just beyond "saving" at this point. At least without another $100m and a different lead (Hint: not The Chairman)

Well, paps told me that Coolio is goin' to save CIG. He be performing "Gangsters in Paradise" and CR be all set, man.

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

Jst0rm posted:

wait so why is ds banned from reddit if that poo poo is allowed?

cause cuz, he got banned for doxing (at least that them fools called it).

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Apparently according to the mods and admins, I'm a public figure. So I'm game.

Are you not? 30 years, most outspoken brother on the SC scam and all that. Thousands of posts on most recognized media outlets, you are a public figure and well known throughout the industry, you have been and continue to be.

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

since you love dem bitcoins so much - read about the DEA agent that like stole 700k worth of BCTs?
http://www.coindesk.com/former-silk-road-dea-agent-pleads-guilty-to-bitcoin-theft/

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Of all the things I have seen an bitcoiner is the best

In your sig....

Thought you knew about http://www.coindesk.com/former-silk-road-dea-agent-pleads-guilty-to-bitcoin-theft/

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Are any of them registering or are they all just scouring each page making note of usernames to put on their naughty list?

I registered / paid :) SA / lax should have some form of gratitude for my entertainment. somethingawful IS entertainment. Far more worth than those 10 bucks imo.

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

Good Dumplings posted:

Oh please, you know they got that like months ago. Scary scary, but remember that these are space sim fans you're talking about; if we wanted to do things in real life we wouldn't be trying to simulate it except in space on our computers all day.

Well, lets analyze this a little.
Lets go with 100 million dollars and 1 million "citizen". Averages out to about 100 bucks per. 100 bucks are not gonna hurt. I just spent the 10th of that yesterday to register here to partake in the drama and I havent downloaded the SA Arena Commander yet.
Yes, you have some heavy hitters that spent in excess of 15-20k on their "dream" but those guys are much more unlikely to commit a premeditated murder as people with those kind of funds are much more invested in life.

What I would be worried about is the single guy out of the 1 million citizen who went to bed for the past 3.5 years with a smile on his face falling asleep to the thoughts of - I don't know - exploring the galaxy, running a slave pound, being some kind of interstellar bad-rear end OG who now fears that Derek, loving with his "100 dollar investment", is going to destroy that dream. He might feel that Derek has absolutely no business loving with him and takes Derek's actions personal - because - who is Derek Smart.

See, a stable individual with some funds would reach out to some undercover brothers from the Zoe Pound, who live around the corner from DS and hit them up with 10k and that would be the end of that and cause some really hosed up memes. But that unstable white guy, in his mid 30s, husband, father, blue-color normal person would just take that step over the edge himself; from my experience there are a lot of unstable people living in Florida. So, the chances of finding a nut job you pissed off when loving with 1 million people out of the space sim / online scene are actually pretty good.

BlackJesus fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 22, 2015

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

KakerMix posted:

counterpoint: It's just a video game

I agree, its just a video game

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it all played out over here and recapped here.

Well congrats, you may have yourself a win over a some guy with a GED that pulls security at Wall-Mart at night. I guess that's how you have to finance your living expanses these days? Cant be from LOD or your previous "hits" and certainly cant be from all the poo poo you throw around while under the protection of your internet connection. Word-warrior. loving word-ninja even.

Paps said you are running on thin ice btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

my paps / dad? GOD :)

• Locked thread