Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Wulfling posted:

If Derek even hints at knowing the name of the upcoming ship, they will most likely scramble to rename it just to head off any possible chance of him being right. Your suggestion wouldn't really fly in their paranoia and eagerness to prove him wrong .

He doesn't even have to SAY what the prediction is - he posts
code:
807098f0c8cee85292026d0e94168bdbfb05299899494a8e38a41fce2e97aa3d
On twitter. Then after the Scimitar goes on sale for $1250 LTI, he notes that's the SHA-256 hash for 'The next ship will be named the Scimitar.' - which is instantly verifiable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

OhDearGodNo posted:

Post a hash and the salt afterward.

Why the gently caress would you even salt something like "This is Derek Smart saying the next ship will be called the Litigator" ? - that poo poo ain't going to be in a rainbow table somewhere. I mean you can literally salt it by adding a period, this isn't like "uh oh what happens if the DB gets hacked a week from now and a million user password hashes get leaked" - it's a unique string with a 1 week deadline.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

You'd think they'd want to avoid the word 'Con' right now. But reworking the intro graphics to their demo would probably take them three weeks.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Octopode posted:

Because he doesn't understand the purpose of a salt. From his wording, he may even think it's some way to reverse the hash.

Literally the first intelligent thing you've said in this thread. Congratulations, there might be hope for you yet.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

quote:

IS THE BIG NEWS A PARTNERSHIP WITH HILTON TO HAVE A SPACE HOTELIER MODULE?

Repost in chat if you're down.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Waiting for the announcement that in order to deliver the most detailed possible images of concept ships, they've invented a new image compression format.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Every time the camera cuts the timer gets reset to 50:00 something until someone makes it go back to <10

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Is she getting upset thinking about being nice to people?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

DID THEY JUST STAGE AN ANONYMOUS FLOWERS GIFT?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

People not dedicated to making this game shouldn't be on the team.

lol

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Derek Smart: Please go make a big empty void map with NINE SEXTILLION CUBIC KILOMETERS OF SPACE just to trump this, tia.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Someone clarify for me here, uh, isn't Persistent Universe supposed to be some like online MMO that's partially player-driven?

This sounds a lot like WoW - just an endless "OH NO PIRATES ARE ATTACKING, YOU CAN REPEAT THIS MISSION IN 24 HOURS" slog. Does nobody else notice this?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

KILOMETER PER SECOND: You will literally hit the edge of PU space in under 3 minutes.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Look at the lag on a FOUR PLAYER server.

Nah, this'll handle 64 people fine.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Hahaha look at the clever jumps to avoid like "terrible boarding animations that don't exist" and other stuff.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

They are being SO CAREFUL about every little thing here - because I imagine if you hit that landing pad a LITTLE HARDER - poo poo will go real bad real quick.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

FPS is intregal[sic] to.....my wing commander reboot?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Three years later....A MAP.

*drops the mic*

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Are they hosting this at an active airport?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Chris is going to literally fall down if he keeps tripping himself up backpedalling on how good things will look.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

The universe is so big and vast that literally the first named ship in the S42 trailer is the system name from the PU demo.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

I like how as soon as you aren't looking directly at someone they run to the far end of the room and whisper to you.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Let me show you this brilliant demo.

*boring*

Ok so that's nowhere near complete but this is totally coming out in 2016.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

I'm confused, did a bunch of people pay money to attend.....that?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Demiurge4 posted:

In case anyone missed it, that line in Bishops speech about victory was Croberts trying to channel some Churchill but coming down flat. Here's what the real thing sounds like.

Line? The entire speech is basically something I'd expect from a 14 year old trying to mimic Gladiator.

IT WILL COST US

IN RESOURCES

:words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Jst0rm posted:

There is only 1 way out for ben:

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/639473178142752768

• Locked thread