Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait what? It finally happened? This scam finally imploded and is going down in flames?

its_happening.gif but with Derek Smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RubberJohnny posted:

I made a list of gameplay that isn't any further than a written post by a (usually non-technical) member of staff playing game designer like 3 years in:

Did I miss anything?

Child slave management.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Karl_Ramseier posted:

As I said before the only spaceship pictures I own are gifted. I am 0$ in SC. And my comments regarding Sandi are about DS dragging her kid(s) into it. I am a father of a two year old girl and if this shithead would drag my family into a fight about a stupid video game I would make sure he regrets it.

I learned about the SA forums some weeks ago from Cpt. Underpants, registered and waited because I had the impression you guys don't like new people that much. And the whole accusing people of sexual harassment thing seemed not right to me (even with this picture I would be careful with something like that). Then I thought a gently caress it, they are funny and let's try to find out more about what goons are like. End of story.
I'm sorry these guys are giving you a hard time, I hope you don't get the wrong impression about goons. You should drop by FYAD and introduce yourself, they're much warmer to newbies than these assholes.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You are half right. I also don't understand this charade.

But like many things "Doxing" is an action that is context based. Your intention counts.:

The same counts for cyberstalking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

But in the end it all depends what Sandi and Chris are making out of it.

No one's getting deported to Germany for reposting publicly available pictures of kids with way too many chromosomes.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jethro_E7 posted:

This has GOT be be made into a movie. It's got everything I ever wanted. Villains, evil queen behind the throne, ambition, deceit, arrogance, rage with more to come.

The Social Module

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

I have tried to stay in one corner of social media while this shitstorm continues. I only wanted to post here so that you goons are aware of my official statement about all of this.

1) Nobody "doxed" Chris Roberts. Itís FALSE:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snimul

2) He data mined our social media feeds and grabbed stuff out of context to attack myself, the researcher, and the author of the article.

This is the Harper issue he completely skewed.

http://dereksmart3000ad.tumblr.com/...media-discourse

3) This is how it came to this

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

The project is FUBAR. And anyone who says otherwise is an idiot who cannot be trusted.

That is all. As you were.

- DS

ęmy goonsĽ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

DerekFUGGINGSmart is posting itt DMAN

Dance puppet, dance!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

e: f;b

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2015 around 14:50

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

The $90M crash of Star Citizen

quote:

I am still an Origin fan and Wing Commander is one of my all-time favorite games; I even gave Ender a fancy joystick last Christmas just so he could play through the first two games and the secret missions, which he greatly enjoyed doing. I was absolutely delighted when I heard that Star Citizen was in the works.

Am I reading correctly that the person that wrote this piece named his son "Ender"?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

This number doubled in one night, because 5 of them had only puppies nominees, these people nominated were men, women, varying politics, doesn't matter what they believed they were nominated for their quality.
They were nominated for their quality. Kevin J Anderson got a nomination for the loving quality of his writing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

It's all over, Derek Smart has the upper hand, he's in complete control of the situation.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

jesus what is up with the price variance of the constellation and hull-c?

2.5k for a loving not a .jpg.jpg ship!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

can anyone also explain the pricing structure here? what makes a ship worth 60 and one 800+?

Polygon count. You're paying for quality craftsmanship, it doesn't come cheap.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This lawsuit poo poo is just to keep the host pumped during Citizen Con, pumped up marks citizens make for extra conning. Afterwards they'll claim they're dropping the suit because they don't want to stoop to the level of their critics and waste backer money doing so. Instead they'll use that money to spite their enemies by making the best game ever, gently caress yeah.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sorla78 posted:

Discolando explains why CIG cannot disclose financials:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...Comment_5691637

1) Imagine you live a responsible fiscal life (whatever that means, it's kinda part of the problem here.)

2) Now imagine your parents saw your bank records, your grandparents, your significant other, their parents and grandparents...

3) Would they all have the same opinion of how you spent your money? Would any of them NOT have a single criticism of how you spent your money? They care about you, so they will always find someway in their minds for you to improve on how you're doing things.

4) Which one of them would be right? You, who are spending the money for you, or them, people who care about you and only want what's best for you, but don't live your life and know your requirements?

5) Ask 200 people what responsible fiscal spending is, and get 300+ answers.

6) Now imagine you do this with nearly ONE MILLION parents who care about you. And the press.

Star Citizen. Transparency. Open Development.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

The real image since no star citizen thread should be without it

Oh Lordy!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

drat Dirty Ape posted:

He's also a nudist hth

That's the least of it. Is he handcuffing that gently caress doll or something? That picture's like a fractal

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

Kinda funny how the Descent guys who broke away from CIG already have a working game up that looks pretty smooth and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gql1zCE_Gq8

I didn't watch through all that but how is the toilet situation on that ship?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zo posted:

I was thinking, is there a way for CR to parlay star citizen into an actual full blown cult and drop all pretense of game development? It sounds like a joke but look at scientology. Hubbard was just a lovely science fiction writer and spent what i imagine decades building up a member base and his hollywood connections.

CR meanwhile has had a totally fanatical fan base basically drop onto his lap, and even has hollywood ties already. Just needs to start releasing more "lore"...

Space Org, do you want to know more?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

How hard would it be to just make a Sid Meier's Pirates in space and call it a day?

dancing minigame -> raping minigame ?!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

So, uh, whatever happened to all the goons who used to post about all the pretty pictures they paid $200 for in this thread?

No goons lost money in this debacle, they all sold their jaypegs for thrice what they paid for them. Careful with these unsubstantiated allegations least Lowtax be forced to call Leonard "J." Crabs.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

Even if you made money, some amount of that money is still in their coffers, right? All you have said is you screwed some other people along with yourself.

He broke even at MLM Citizen though, that means he's smarter than you.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Once again Derek Smart fails us. Why should we trust what someone that can't keep a release date says?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

How many expansions has made since this thing begun? I'd say they delivered already.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

And when it collapses and companies start sifting through the debris in bankruptcy court or auction, my guess is that you can probably pick up that $20K (!) cappuccino machine purchased for the new LA office (the one where all work has stopped due to a dispute with one of the contractors), for less than $5K. No, Iím not kidding. They have a $20K cappuccino machine that backers paid for. Because Chris always wanted one. Go ahead, ask him.

e: f;b

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2015 around 22:02

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

I know the ship. But I am not going to reveal that information. Sorry. I didn't write that section to ruin surprises; that's why I only stated the obvious and based on stuff that was already hinted at or speculated on.

Look man, it's either this

Cuntpunch posted:

He doesn't even have to SAY what the prediction is - he posts
code:
807098f0c8cee85292026d0e94168bdbfb05299899494a8e38a41fce2e97aa3d
On twitter. Then after the Scimitar goes on sale for $1250 LTI, he notes that's the SHA-256 hash for 'The next ship will be named the Scimitar.' - which is instantly verifiable.

or this

kikkelivelho posted:

That's awesome. I also happen to know what the ship is. Maybe we could compare notes after citizen con?

Pics hash or it didn't happen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

You're more of a loving hack then Star Citizen is. Maybe this is why you're so attached to this? You're both gigantic failures.
Vending machines have been beaten up for far less than this.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Concerned Citizen posted:

Battlecruiser was less complete than Star Citizen is now.

No, it was full of bugs but there was a full mound of poo poo game there.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Is that near flight ready though? Maybe not the best time to be selling concept art I'd have thought.

Two weeks.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Viola! I love it when morons try to talk all sophisticated.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

Can we get a Dsmart clan tag?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

jaegerx posted:

Absolutely not. I bought bc3000ad back when it was on floppies. You helped me get my refund back from this debacle. I'd love one.

I still had the original box, manual, everything, threw it all a way on a house cleaning this summer. If only I had known I'd soon be in the presence of the Master, 19 years and then I lost my faith in the final stretch.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SirTagz posted:

Was it ever on floppies? DS scammed me of my money when it came out but as I remember it was on a CD.

BTW Derek, I'd still love a refund. I'd be OK with 25 cents on a dollar - just buy me an avatar here.

It was a CD.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

jaegerx posted:

Yes, it was like 12 floppy disks. It got released around 96 or so and cdroms were still those weird carosel carry case things.

e: windows 95 was on floppies as well. It was like 25 or so.

Did they ship different versions? Because I bought mine as soon as it came out and it was definitely a CD with gray/silver background and a spaceship on the cover.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xaerael posted:

Both groups of fans are idiots?

At least buttcoiners lost only 75% of their money.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gryphon0468 posted:

Description as follows: Espera Prowler Ė Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Esperaís engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices. The Sentinelís effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA. With the updated Prowler model, you will find the perfect fusion of two culture: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern UEE technology. (While lacking some of the upgrades of the modern version, vintage Tevarin-built Prowlers restored for modern spaceflight are prized by owners lucky enough to locate them.)

That sure is a lot of fluff, is there a game to go with it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, unless Chris is insane, can you imagine the stress he's enduring right now?

With all the talk about mis-management, his wife and kids, money being mis-used (or outright stolen), screwed up HR practices, lawsuits, refund requests, AND NO VISIBLE PROGRESS ON THE ACTUAL GAME.

I can only imagine he's operating of a couple of hours of sleep a day and is hell to be around right now (double that for his wife, Sandi).

The reversal of fortunes must be pretty bad too. When this thing started he was literally treated like a king wherever he went. Gifts were given, praise flowed freely, love and adulation. Now? It's all crashing down on him.

Well at least that espresso machine is being put to some use.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I think I'll wait for the movie.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IronicDongz posted:

-like 5 different entirely created alien languages as rich and deep as real languages which are initially hidden but you can discover through space archeology or something

Well Tolkien created 2 plus scraps of another 2 and he was an old. There's no lack of philologists working as cashiers that would kill to do this job for a pittance. chaching

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

It still makes me laugh that anyone ever thought they were going to grief someone's thousand dollar autism chariot in the BDSAUYIUDSHGSE

What's the point of insurance if you can just ignore PVP whenever you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Space Forklift Simulator but without the fun of driving a forklift.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at Oct 7, 2015 around 16:06

• Locked thread
«7 »