Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Is that Escapist podcast re hosted anywhere? Can never get that site to load but I've only read all 77 pages and need to wallow some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

People are posting madly because Star Citizen came out and it owns

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

outraging the Star Citizens who responded by buying more $900 ships.

I think this proves sometimes you should blame the victim

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Alchenar posted:

That's a troll that has to be.

I can believe a shitizen would get that passionate about pie.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

That is loving hilarious.

Seriously that's such a confirmation, nothing like that should happen in game development at that stage. Changing the (finished?) high poly model with drastic changes, and ones that would be simple to add if done from the start, is such a bad sign of development. It shows they don't stick to the approved concept, they don't care about artists/company time being wasted on needless revisions, and a basic lack of understanding how art is created for a game.

It's also just a plain stupid creative decision; why would there be a little tiny window cut out on a claymore mine? So you can see the explosives and metal balls inside? Why would that even be a thing?

If this is straight from Croberts than loving

Makes perfect sense if you consider they are selling jpgs instead of making a game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

Oh no they want to take Derek Smart's internet away! Call internet police!

I also like how they bounce between believing Derek Smart is this loser nobody and a genius conspirator and mastermind.

Trust shitzens to picture nothing worse than have no internet in their revenge fantasies

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

tooterfish posted:

Is typing up threats of a lawsuit smack bang in the middle of the weekend standard legal practice? Were they hoping the Escapist's legal advisor(s) would be off work, and whoever they left in charge would just panic and pull the story?

I think they had to rush something out to calm the brown sea and keep them buying $900 ships. That's why the letter is full of super slams and vitriol rather than some dry boring legal document.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Gryphon0468 posted:

You're all such huge hypocrites it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Not believing a word CR says but lapping up the drivel of DS and the crappy games media articles. I'm gonna be hanging around here with a big grin on my face soaking in every word you dumb asses say until CIG releases exactly what they said they would.

See you in the 'verse

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

This is great.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Could someone explain in non-programmer language what it is about Cryengine that makes it bad for a game of this type? Compared to the Unreal engine, or... Uh, I don't know any other game engines of this type.

They're having huge problems making an FPS with an engine specifically created for FPSs. So I wouldn't take CIG's issues as evidence of an engine being poo poo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

So, uh, whatever happened to all the goons who used to post about all the pretty pictures they paid $200 for in this thread?

They're in a secret forum with all the people who donated to Doobie's Dog House or developed Zybourne Clock

Also Erectile:Disfunction is kind of crappy. Maybe after a couple of expansions it'll be worth playing but at the moment it's quite boring and grindy. Tons of procedural content but very little of it is worth looking at twice.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

tooterfish posted:

They got scooped by The Escapist, they're probably sulking about it and/or don't want to send clicks their way.

They're probably a bit embarrassed about sucking off an obvious swindle for several years. They should be anyway.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Deki posted:

Kismensus found out that one of the goons was a big ol' unrepentant pedophile. He kicked said Pedophile, and the rest of the Archeage leadership got really upset because BFM was really good at making wool or something.

A lot of the leadership for that game bailed with the guild assets because they were good friends with the known practicing pedophile and took poo poo with them. Some goons somehow think it's Kismensus' fault that goons didn't get very far in archeage (It's in fact because it's a bad game).

People got really mad that the fat Eve FC guy didn't respect their fishing pacts and pirated the poo poo out of people too. Even though pirating the poo poo out of people was the only thing resembling fun in that lovely game.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

So I just read the most expensive jpg is $2500 but they only ever sold a limited quantity.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...Class-Destroyer

However if you just must own that picture you can buy the $15000 "Completionist" package. Of course that doesn't actually contain the jpg, but you do get a token that gives you the right to buy it

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...tionist-Digital

I'm beginning to understand why CIG gently caress their whales in the rear end so hard. They basically beg for it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

jabro posted:

Does this thing have a chance of going class-action? I only bought in for the cheapest ship package so only have $30-$40 in it and I wouldn't mind getting my money back but it's a small enough amount that I have no problem leaving it in if I can get more from a lawsuit.

Can't get blood from a stone. If it goes that far you'll be fighting over used coffee grounds for your refund.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That guy seems super efficient at making jpgs. Imagine if CIG had his productivity!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Star Marine CitCon trailer is live! Same poo poo from GAMESCOM pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc

Chiming in to say this looks lovely.

Also I have no idea who is this seraph person the thread keeps mentioning. I'm ok with that.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chocobo posted:

Just a reminder that the showstopping bug that they is hanging up the FPS module is literally that they can't control where the player aims, and they don't know why.

I bet that's a consequence of Chrobert insisting 1st and 3rd person animations are the same. Like his idea that the ships need to have functional thrusters made the flying rear end and some ships needed to be redesigned. Self inflicted problems.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

KM Scorchio posted:

Can't wait for them to start banning people from the chat later for use of offensive language like "refund" and "ponzi scheme".

Edit: Low key negativity is the was to go in chat today. No need to blow your load early.

or "shadows" and "lighting effects"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

It's 100% goons trolling goons.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

So is Citcon going to be a weekend of improv standup after they quietly scrap all the stuff DSmart has leaked or things people have already panned?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Oh lordy, another black dude at 7:50. They're just parading every minority they could gather in front of the camera.

e: oh god, this becomes uncomfortably awkward pretty fast.

Also poors not welcome. It's basically a republican conference.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Madcosby posted:

This must be like how Al-Queda felt, watching TVs that dreadful morning

Oof

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

Predictions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WupvCZhKMnM

But with "Derek Smart"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Derek types real fast.

Also he seems kind of manic.

I'm wasting my life.

Berious fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2015 around 15:38

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations

What awesome poo poo did I miss?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I need to see Derek Smart for reasons. Is there a working stream?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Agrajag posted:

OH WOW! nice spot there bro. loving Crobizzle stealing Hilton architecture art for his stupid rear end promotional material in his loving non-game.

they can't even be bothered to spend time on the jpegs now

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

gently caress I need to go to bed but there will be 2000 new posts to digest in the morning

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The timer is jumping around more than a CIG release date

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

LOL Chris "we're totally not broke guys"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Need sly references to recent drama bingo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Guys that schedule we had before gently caress that because we decided to give you the whole game at once

I promise there's a game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crowd is very quiet. They're all thinking how much delay this will mean.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

So is this "announcement" of Alpha 2.0 a way of saying they aren't releasing multi-crew or FPS seperately anymore?

Yeah pretty sure he said that at the start.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

ok so are we all pretty much on board that those guys are just pretending to play this section

On the one hand Chris is way to scripted to be talking about emergent gameplay,. On the other who would using this loving boring poo poo to show off their game for the first time?

I'm really not sure.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

LOL the space mans animation is so bad. That mocap studio was money well spent

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

No poo poo he doesn't want to give dates

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Oh god they actually released something non jpeg. The con is saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I like that they're making special SC virginity talismans to own all the people who already spent thousands on their HOTAS cockpits.

• Locked thread
«3 »