Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Ok, this is for all the whiners out there that keep thinking this game is Pay to Win or somehow they wont be able to compete with other players in the game because they couldn’t buy a big ship. Look, this is a crowd funded game right? Ok, you understand that. Now, think guys…… would this game be as big as it is if the BACKERS with money didn’t pledge a larger amount than you? Of course not, because of the BACKERS with the cash, YOU get to benefit from their success by having a better game that costs less than the average game!! Instead of complaining about the BACKERS with money, you should thank them. “I want to say THANK YOU backers (all backers) for helping CIG to build one Badass game” Back to what I was saying. Now, you can get the same ship in-game that they spent REAL money to get. As for Pay to Win, lets see, what do the BACKERS with big ships win? A planet? Nope, your hangar? Nope, so what do they win? Nothing! The game is an OPEN SANDBOX, that means you set your own goals, it’s about your imagination, you want to have a big ship, be a trader of some kind and earn your in-game money to buy your BIG ship. You want to explore, go do it, plenty of starter ships that are under the average cost of a store bought game. Look, P2W is just another way for people to whine about other players having a big ship(s). The big ships in the game is one of the reason its letting CIG build YOU and I a bigger and better game. I’m confused as to why that is a bad thing for some of you, didn’t you pledge to play this game? If you did, you just hit the jackpot, look at what you can get for $30.00 or worse case scenario you spent $60.00. So, stop complaining and enjoy the game when it comes out and tell your friends that you were part of it, you helped fund and in turn, helped build the most awesome Space Game ever!
P.S. I plan on spending a lot of time in my Reliant making runs, then switching to a bigger ship to spend some time with my friends exploring!!! See you in the verse and make it your own!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Check mate.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Do we really know that was his dick?

Could have been a fake stunt dick for all we know!

Why do goons hate everyone? YOU ARE THE CULT HERE NOT ME!

GOONS!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

How will and co spin this?

"former staff members who still bear a grudge and will slander us at any opportunity"

"fabrications by disgraced employees who want the spotlight"

"theyre just jealous they were fired and can't be part of history"

"author of article is a collaborator with Derek Smart"

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

EminusSleepus posted:

you need not to go far just read the spergs comments here --> http://bit.ly/1JGDSxA

Wow, you're right. The first one is especially nice:

Unless of course the guys real name is "Gaz Instone".

edit: actually I'm not sure if I get the guys comment, I can't quite parse it.

edit 2: I guess Gaz is a sort of common eastern European name? Learn something new every day, but the guy still is a dick for white knighting CIG.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2015 around 16:36

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Raskolnikov posted:

PS: You strike me as a gross creepy dude, you and DickWulf should get along famously.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

That's some email from Croberts.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sarsapariller posted:

3/4ths of the way through CR's response and he still hasn't refuted any of the provable allegations, like them funding Turbulent's project.

I didn't read the rambling poo poo that CR probably typed with shaking fists and grinding his teeth in rage, but it does come off pretty petty and full of ad hominem bullshit, instead of any actual substantial proof that they are in fact lies.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Never forget.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Wasn't Sandi the one that made that faux pas a while back where she used the wrong version of the german national anthem? Like the Nazi one?

I'm just asking questions ok??

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

G0RF posted:

Indeed- and a new "Around the Verse" is on in an hour and ten minutes!

I have never been more eager to see it- since it will be the last broadcast Ben and Sandi recorded before the rubicon crossed them.

RESHOOT! BEN! GET YOUR FAT rear end IN HERE YOU loving PATHETIC PIECE OF poo poo!

edit: or imagine that O'Reilly clip with him screaming at the producers that he'll do it live, but replace him with Sandi.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2015 around 17:56

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

So now that it seems the rube's support of Croberts is swelling, should I try and sell my founders package (DIGITAL SCOUT - LTI) or get a refund? Would they even give me a refund, since it's not thousands of dollars on jpgs as such.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Irrational Man posted:

all this Sandi hate makes me think the gamergate connection is not as tenuous as it sounds

You're a loving idiot.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Irrational Man posted:

I won't accept anything on word alone from those sources. It would have to come from an impartial party

Thank you for letting us know.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

MrDorf posted:

I've checked this thread like 4 times before today.....what's the story on why this is a thing?

I believe they initially held a position of ambiguity when it came to her being his wife, or possibly even not allow discussion of it.

Basically some people questioned how she got the job, since she has no experience or qualifications, is she his wife or something, no she can't be because his wife's name is different, etc.

It's something Smart mentioned as well, and was still ignored by Croberts and Co.

I could be wrong though.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Soothing Vapors posted:

I wish more CEOs would respond to articles by making personal attacks on the reporter

it';s refreshing

It's like a peek inside their mind.

I'm sure every other CEO does the same thing, but they keep it professional and don't air it in public.

Croberts breaks all the rules, he's such a bad boy.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Literally Kermit posted:

Anyone know what I am talking about, seen this? It is worth digging up because it is extremely loving relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf31MzNgnNk

Not that is it?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Just asked for my refund of 40$, yay this game is finally dead.

I'm really tempted to as well, but do they only put it in paypal? I hate paypal and I don't want to gently caress with it.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I don't like paypal.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tokamak posted:

They got the high poly model of the claymore and are asking the artist to completely change the design. Instead of the flat plastic cover, the boss copy/pasted the grenade design on the claymore and said 'make it look like this', and blamed 'distributed development' for the mistake.

tl;dr: they are confirming the rumour that they are making artists redo work which already had concept approval.

That is loving hilarious.

Seriously that's such a confirmation, nothing like that should happen in game development at that stage. Changing the (finished?) high poly model with drastic changes, and ones that would be simple to add if done from the start, is such a bad sign of development. It shows they don't stick to the approved concept, they don't care about artists/company time being wasted on needless revisions, and a basic lack of understanding how art is created for a game.

It's also just a plain stupid creative decision; why would there be a little tiny window cut out on a claymore mine? So you can see the explosives and metal balls inside? Why would that even be a thing?

If this is straight from Croberts than loving

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Then that's even dumber.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/robots.txt

lol

edit: it does specifically say /media/, I wonder why.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

All is well, nothing to see here! Buy more jpegs!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Ah the troubles of distributed development.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Jethro_E7 posted:

see the game "made" on the bones of crushed employees

A lot of people died in the bible, but you don't hold it against God personally right? Same principle here.

Croberts will deliver us from evil, with Him as our shepard we shall not want.

not a cult

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Gryphon0468 posted:

I hope all that reddit gold comforts your bitter soul at night. So the recent chummy chumness between you and Ben on Reverse the Verse this week was all a lie?!

No YOU are a poopyhead!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The problem with Elite is very simple; it's a game with very little content.

I even got the lifetime expansion sale when it first came out, but I've only played E:D for a few hours at the most. There's just nothing to do but grind, buy bigger/better ships, grind more, repeat.

edit:

LLJKSiLk posted:

I beat my kids

You're a piece of poo poo who should have been banned.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2015 around 15:20

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Well no, see...there's just something about Croberts that makes you trust him.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sillybones posted:

Please leave. No-one likes you.

Agrajag posted:

ffs you idiots take the kid beating poo poo to e/n or something.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Paladinus posted:

This person is already at stage 3, bargaining.

"In CR I trust, He will show us the way"

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

WebDog posted:

is ordering this a waste, or will all it do is just say "no this company hasn't been done for any fiscal mismanagement."

I'm sure it'd be a waste, it's like those family tree heritage websites. Sure you might discover your ancestry back to the stone age, but only if someone else has done all that work already. I assume this would be a similar thing, the company would have to provide all those details themselves, and there's no way Croberts would do that.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

edit: ok so it's eleven largest ponzi schemes now, so what. You could say Croberts turned it up to 11.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

no_recall posted:

Somedays I wish these moments don't end.

But we know it will.

I don't know, I don't think this will end on a bang, but live on for ages drip fed by diehard true believer whales like Wulf for years to come.

It's like a cult, the dream will never die unless Christ Roberts does. Some people are so loving brainwashed that no matter what happens, the blame will get deflected to something else (Derek Smart did this!!! Goons did this!!! Escapist!!! Gamergate!!! Feminists!!!) and they'll still be buying jpegs and suporting Crobert's coke habit and Sandi's acting career.

edit: basically this will become/already is a new Duke Nukem Forever.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Wow I've not seen that before. As an artist I also love the fact that they take a high poly (not in game ready at all) asset and manipulate it in Unreal in a perfectly designed set, probably just so they can say "this was rendered IN GAME!".

Effectively this is the same as rendering it in Marmoset or something, but I'm sure average Shitizens eat it up as more proof that there's a fully functioning game just around the corner, because this is a screenshot.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

peter gabriel posted:

YES THERE ARE!!!!

look at this bullshit rubbish junk

lol

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

sorla78 posted:

Check out
http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Guess Diversity rules.

In the few seconds I watched, Ben looked like he was rethinking his life choices.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Overeaters anonymous? Weight watchers annual meeting?

Autism Awareness Con?

Cultists Ball?

Chris Roberts Dick Sucking Contest?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses gently caress this

Super rich executive kiddy diddler shitheel here has a tiny phone?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Full Metal Boxers posted:

I honestly can't decide whether I should take the offer I have on my account now, before CitCon, or hold out for the inevitable hype spike among the Faithful Citizens afterwards.

Can we get a "how to sell your account on the grey market" in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

OhDearGodNo posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how in the span of one year this

I believe it, especially with the suggestion that Chris Robbers is an anal retentive perfectionist and has no problem discarding anything that's put in front of him for not being 100% faithful to his vision. I'm sure the artists are used to being toldscreamed at again and again "Do it again, but do it like I wanted it!!!"

Then after Sandi leaves they weep at their desks.

edit: leaked footage from the true believers at Con of Citizens

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2015 around 12:54

• Locked thread
«3 »